TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Wanda Parks in China.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow look at the exit of that 0G Roll!

The word "OHMYGODOWJESUSBOOBPUNCHINGCHRISTWHYDOESTHISHURTSOMUCH" comes to mind.

Speaking of No Limits...

(POV starts at 1:31)

Ew, what is this? Intamin trying to be B&M? Every element seems so drawn out and boring.

Ew, what is this? Intamin trying to be B&M? Every element seems so drawn out and boring.

I kind of agree, this seems like a departure from the aggressive rides we've seen from Intamin lately. I like that it's very graceful through all the elements but it does look kind of boring. Maybe they wanted it to be all about the speed like Millennium Force.

Their NoLimits sims do have a fairly accurate track record, so we'll see.

I kind of agree, this seems like a departure from the aggressive rides we've seen from Intamin lately. I like that it's very graceful through all the elements but it does look kind of boring. Maybe they wanted it to be all about the speed like Millennium Force.

Their NoLimits sims do have a fairly accurate track record, so we'll see.

^ It is just you.

I guess it's not just me after all.

------------------------------

The coaster looks unique... but it also just looks... boring compared to what we have grown to expect from Intamin.

As has been said, this is fan-made, so it might not be entirely correct in terms of shaping.

Also, remember the video's of Skyrush before it was built/completed? Didn't those video's look (very) boring either?

See how that turned out.

That might also be the case with this coaster.

We'll just have to wait and see.

This was fan made,(designed from the Aerial views I think)so this doesn't necessarily represent the final product.

I wouldn't really call it fan made, the guy who did it at least appears to be somewhat in the industry in China, since he has access to all the promo/official material from the parks (pov's and such) and to the blueprints of various coasters that have been built over there (Dive coaster, Sky Ripper, Multiple of the new wooden coasters, and I think this intamin).

For me, this coaster really just seems like Intamin are playing it as safe as could be.

Remember people bitching about how drawn out Formula Rossa is? Then it turned out to be pretty damn intense. I mean its a 200+ ft tall Intamin coaster with a steep as fuck first drop. I SEVERELY doubt it will be anywhere NEAR underwhelming. Almost every damn announcement now has to have people whining about how boring or forceless it LOOKS. Until its built AND you ride it, STFU.

*edit- Sorry, that may have been super bitchy. Its just aggravating. Either everybody is jaded as hell, or almost every new coaster sucks ass. You can decide which.

Remember people bitching about how drawn out Formula Rossa is? Then it turned out to be pretty damn intense. I mean its a 200+ ft tall Intamin coaster with a steep as fudge first drop. I SEVERELY doubt it will be anywhere NEAR underwhelming. Almost every damn announcement now has to have people whining about how boring or forceless it LOOKS. Until its built AND you ride it, STFU.

Remember... Formula Rossa goes 149.1 mph... If this ride turns out to be 242.8 ft (as rumored) then we can expect it to go 85mph(ish)... so there's that.

Either everybody is jaded as hell, or almost every new coaster sucks A$$. You can decide which.

In fairness, a graceful, drawn-out coaster may have been what the park wanted. Intamin (or insert other manufacturer here) doesn't have free-reign when they design a coaster for a park, the park has to like it before they fork over their money.

It does look a bit wishy-washy, but it is just a CGI video so it's hard to tell what the actual coaster will ride like

Exactly, and to bring back the Skyrush example once again, on POVs I feel like the camel backs have short floating times on them, not strong sustained ejectors like everyone who has ridden it will tell me (this is a major mystery I can't explain). So we might be surpised.

Those airtime hills are being taken at pretty great speed. I don't think this ride will disappoint at all. Even if the airtime hills end up being drawn out, look at Titan (SFoT) and Goliath (SFMM)...those airtime hills are drawn out and they are awesome.

Those airtime hills are being taken at pretty great speed. I don't think this ride will disappoint at all. Even if the airtime hills end up being drawn out, look at Titan (SFoT) and Goliath (SFMM)...those airtime hills are drawn out and they are awesome.

I'm sorry, but Titan's airtime hill feels like straight track. It's the most boring airtime hill on any coaster I've been on.

I'm sorry, but Titan's airtime hill feels like straight track. It's the most boring airtime hill on any coaster I've been on.

Truth. Of all the hundreds of times I have been on Titan... I don't think I have ever got true airtime on the "airtime" hill.