TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Wanda Parks in China.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Then it will fall out in a few years simply because it's a GCI.

I would have to disagree. I actually like GCI's alot. Gold Striker was totally INSANE and Fireball at Happy Valley Shanghai was filled with airtime. Fireball's been in the top 20 for 2 years now if I'm correct.

According to the Wanda site the Nanchan wooden ride (Viper revealed by GCI at IAAPA) has now begun manufacturing so hopefully we shall see this go up soon. It looks like it could be a top 10.

Wait, did they redesign the ending for Viper or is this a different coaster altogether? What am I missing?

Kinda hope they didn't go for a downsize. I really dig the original layout- it seemed fresh and original while still unmistakeably GCI. If this isn't the case, maybe this was one of the proposed layouts that ended up on the page instead of the final version?

Is there anyone who have pictures of the "revamped" Viper, or the GCI steel structure lift you were talking about a few pages back? None of the links/pictures are working... Thanks!

Today i came across some new artwork for the new Wanda park in Hefei and it shows this...

I have a feeling this won't be neither a Vekoma or a knock-off tilt coaster. My 2 cents are actually on Premier Rides, which is also providing a Full Throttle clone for this park.

which is also providing a YOLOcoaster clone for this park.

Well, we'll see if it really gets built. Also, isn't it supposed to be slightly taller than full throttle?

Now I'm getting a feeling that Wanda parks will not be abandoned projects because the boss of Wanda is pretty much the boss of China (legally, no pun intended here) and his will pay infinite amount of money to make sure everything he owns can open. But why did Viper became Jr. Viper? That couldn't be a budget issue considering how insanely rich Wanda is and how relatively cheap GCI coasters are.

According to the Wanda site the Nanchan wooden ride (Viper revealed by GCI at IAAPA) has now begun manufacturing so hopefully we shall see this go up soon. It looks like it could be a top 10.

Wait, did they redesign the ending for Viper or is this a different coaster altogether? What am I missing?

The image shown was part of an earlier proposal. The layout remains unchanged from what was announced at IAAPA:

• 1 month later...
Wasn't/isn't there a intamin hyper planned for that park as well? RCDB says so http://rcdb.com/9863.htm

Yup there is. Wanda posted this layout image for it a while back.

The park also just announced they have purchased an Intamin Gyro Drop too

http://www.wanda-cti.com/2014/latest_0718/949.html

Below is some concept art for the park layout too. Woodie top left and the Intamin bottom (it does actually match the above image of the layout too.)

Edited by Gutterflower