TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The TPR Member Social Media Poll!

What Social Media Platforms do you use the most?  

757 members have voted

1. 1. What Social Media Platforms do you use the most?

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Tumblr
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • YouTube
    • Vine

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, I really thought that Twitter would be a lot higher than it is.

Seems like a lot of Twitter users also use Facebook, but not the other way around. For me, the TPR forum + Twitter + YouTube combo works really well!

Can't agree more!

It's not surprising at all to me to see how poorly Google + has done in this poll. Thanks everyone for your feedback. If you haven't voted yet, please do!

I think the day I gave up with google+ was when I was using picasa to save photos and google+ would then take them and keep insisting it had "auto-awesomed" my photos by making all the lights twinkle.... on everything. Or just make everything into moving gifs, It just kept making the thing look cheesy and was just too much hassle keep removing things (even if they are private) that should have been optional instead of automatic.

P1130150-TWINKLE.gif.9af5d3c26c103fed197967531477d269.gif

P1130193-TWINKLE.gif.08dad4522f57a7c758f10ebe71ad7564.gif

P1130202-TWINKLE.gif.971a6f100386abbb75b0ec36b72f2836.gif

P1130207-TWINKLE.gif.ac791a96b28c8371305856610369756e.gif

P1130294-TWINKLE.gif.8e8ed3a9684e1fc36ac3c0ac0d2aa9a5.gif

P1130305-TWINKLE.gif.9526887dab563012e37aab6c60973cb8.gif

P1130674-MOTION.gif.a91afd9d9d5d5b442a3fd9ab7b7ebce5.gif

It's not surprising at all to me to see how poorly Google + has done in this poll. Thanks everyone for your feedback. If you haven't voted yet, please do!

I think the day I gave up with google+ was when I was using picasa to save photos and google+ would then take them and keep insisting it had "auto-awesomed" my photos by making all the lights twinkle....

OK, that's actually hilarious!

You can easily turn off the auto-awesome stuff. That said I am beginning to hate Facebook as it feels like a creepy stalker. Every time something gets updated they ask for more personal information and beyond that they keep adding more freaking ads.

Definitely loving Twitter right now but Google+ would be better than Facebook any day.

Every time something gets updated they ask for more personal information and beyond that they keep adding more freaking ads.

Interesting. I guess my limited experience in web development gives me some insight on how much things cost, and I can only imagine the money we spend on developing things for TPR is like a billion times more expensive for Facebook. When I think about the value I get out of Facebook, and the amount of money I have spent using it (zero $), I actually can't believe there aren't MORE ads on Facebook!!!

And what personal information? I never get asked for anything I can't opt out of. I get asked things like "where did you go to school?" or "How long did you work at this place?" I don't find that intrusive at all since my profile is about ME. And every one of them there is a "skip" or "not now" option. It's not like they are asking me my social security or tax ID numbers! lol

I probably use Facebook on average 8 hours a day, every day. And it costs me nothing.

I guess it's all about perspective, but I'd much rather have a few side bar or news feed ads and keep Facebook totally free.

--Robb

skip.jpg.0715a8432958461acc9de5612c65cfaf.jpg

EDIT: Yeah, like this one is on my page right now. It's probably been there for a while, but I just totally ignore it since it's off in the corner in someplace I never really click anyway. I guess I could skip it, but I choose to just ignore it completely.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm with Facebook and YouTube. Not sure what happened to my MySpace account, which I started originally to share TPR pics back in the day, which was only what, 2008? haha

All social media apps and sites seem to be changing to add features that everyone else has to the point where every social media option is going to be very similar to all the others in the near future, but perhaps accomplishing the same tasks a bit differently. That's basically why I'm just sticking with Facebook -- I get how it works and how to control it and don't really want to learn other apps or sites that keep changing at increasing frequencies. It's like another format war, one that Google even admitted to underestimating, which is why they don't seem to be winning this one.

I kind of agree about YouTube with some other posters. I love it for consuming great stuff and very rarely use for interaction.

I use Facebook and Instagram religiously. I check them throughout the day, then give them a thorough look-through at night before heading off to count sheep. I really like YouTube, but usually only use it if I see a video posted on Facebook that links me directly to YouTube. I was always hoping that you would be more active on Instagram, and I would say that, but you've recently taken care of that, so I have no complaints!

As for the others... nahhh! I tried Twitter and Vine multiple times and I just can't get into them.

I voted for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

I am constantly checking Facebook, and so I will see a majority of TPR's posts throughout each day (your posts always show up in my Top News Feed!), and so that's where I'm the most active. I also check Twitter regularly, and have caught some of your updates that way as well. While I usually don't use YouTube specifically to check subscriptions, I do watch a lot of TPR's videos (and I am subscribed to your channel)- I get the links from the Facebook page, and in doing so I will usually watch a few other TPR videos that catch my attention.

I currently follow TPR on the other social media sites/apps as well, though I just found out about your Pinterest, Google+, and Vine accounts through this poll, which goes to show that I personally don't really use those. But I am going to follow those accounts now so that I can see your posts on the occasions when I do use those sites. I don't have a smartphone or a device that is compatible with Vine, so I can't follow you there for now. However, I do like the Vines that get posted with the updates here on TPR, such as the ones from WDW and USO, so I would like to see them continued! If there were some social media platforms that I wouldn't miss if you decided to stop using them, they would be Google+ and Pinterest.

By the way- on your Tumblr page, I saw the post about the MARS, and gave it a try. This is what I teletyped:

RealArt_TPRsubmission.thumb.JPG.615eb4dab834f5a96adc300aef1f309e.JPG

You can easily turn off the auto-awesome stuff. That said I am beginning to hate Facebook as it feels like a creepy stalker. Every time something gets updated they ask for more personal information and beyond that they keep adding more freaking ads.

Definitely loving Twitter right now but Google+ would be better than Facebook any day.

Yes but it should have been off by default or at least offering the option before it did it, I signed on today to find google + back-up had been installed on my computer without a single notification or ask of permission, i'm not quite sure why it bugged me so much that something had installed without me knowing but it did. I appreciate that picasa is free and google gives me free storage for lower quality versions of my photos but I have a back-up on USB and picasa web. All these "auto-awesoming" to show up privately and installing programmes with 0 notification makes me feel like google is trying to force me into google+ whether I want to or not, if it gave me the option first or asked to install maybe I wouldn't be as put off getting a google+ as much as I am now.

I just use Facebook and Youtube.

Facebook for The Social Connection; especially to stay in contact with my Themeparkreview friends from the Trips. And YouTube for my HD and 3D videos and to watch your amazing coastervideos etc.

It's all about Themeparkreview - at least this was the main reason and beginning I went into those 2 portals

Oh, now I remember, what I need to do now! Buy the new "Rollercoasters in the Raw" Blu-Ray!