TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which amusement park deserves a new coaster?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely cedar point. I mean they have a mediocre collection compared to valleyfair. Wild thing beats any of theirs hands down.

I really hope this post was a joke

...Nah, he was 100% serious.

It was sarcasm about someone possibly not understanding sarcasm. Sarcaception!?

Surely cedar point. I mean they have a mediocre collection compared to valleyfair. Wild thing beats any of theirs hands down.

And Excalibur beats Wild Thing Cedar Point really does need at least one kick butt coaster. I guess if 99.9% of the people who go there are convinced they already have one, then why bother? Frustrating, isn't it?

I'm going to be parochial and say Dreamworld. The park has a solid collection of flats but nothing particularly outstanding in the rollercoaster department. A decent full-circuit coaster would be a very worthwhile addition.

I've seen so many people near SeaWorld Texas crying and begging for a new coaster and saying how much room they have to put in a really big coaster, so SWT gets my vote to make their guests happy. I think they have 2 coasters and both are over 10 years old, maybe older like 20 years and more!

You make a good point, SeaWorld San Antonio is another park that is "due" for a new coaster. They did get Atlantis in 2007, but their last major coaster was Steel Eel in 1999. SWSD got Manta in 2012, BGW got Tempesto this year, BGT and SWO are both getting new coasters in 16, so it would make sense for SWSA to get the next major coaster addition.

I really hope this post was a joke

Rest assured, it was sarcasm. The day valleyfair has a better coaster selection than cedar point is the day valleyfair has a better coaster selection than cedar point.

And Excalibur beats Wild Thing

Too true.

I'll pick one of the many low hanging fruit in Cedar Fairs lineup, Dorney Park.

As my home park, I'm somewhat biased. Removing that bias, I feel Valleyfair, Knotts, and MiA all deserve new coasters, but because Dorney is the closest, I'm going with Dorney

I've seen so many people near SeaWorld Texas crying and begging for a new coaster and saying how much room they have to put in a really big coaster, so SWT gets my vote to make their guests happy. I think they have 2 coasters and both are over 10 years old, maybe older like 20 years and more!

My opinion for that park would be an Intamin, because... Intamin.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Six Flags America really deserves a new world class coaster. SFA is between both Baltimore and DC in one of the largest and the richest metro area in the country. I sincerely believe if they build it they would come. I think that the Six flags people are scared to invest too much into the park b/c it competes with Hershey Park, and Kings Dominion, with Dorney Park, Busch Gardens and their own Six Flags Great America not to far away.

I know there have been issue with the crowds but I think that is not as much of an issue anymore and speaking for myself I'll bypass SFA and travel to other parks with out once visiting in a season b/c it seems so obvious that the franchise doesn't care about the park. It seems like no only does the park get the short end of the stick with rides but they also are shafted in terms of just structural/general park improvements. It seems like there is no shade, poor food options and lack luster souvenir choices.

With all that being said the Six Flags chains really haven't been making too many true new coasters as of late but I will say that Discovery Kingdom's Roar getting the RMC treatment kinda stung b/c their model is a year younger than the one in MD. If the DK Roar deserved the RMC treatment, so does the MD one! I'd love to see them RMC that thing but I also would not mind having Intamin or B&M do something with the park.

SFA definitely needs a new NEW coaster-not another relocated one.I also think Roar is fine the way it is;if any track work is done,it should be topper track,not a RMC conversion.

And how about Intamin coming in and reprofiling S:ROS-namely the long flat section between the second and third hills?

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Six Flags America really deserves a new world class coaster. SFA is between both Baltimore and DC in one of the largest and the richest metro area in the country. I sincerely believe if they build it they would come. I think that the Six flags people are scared to invest too much into the park b/c it competes with Hershey Park, and Kings Dominion, with Dorney Park, Busch Gardens and their own Six Flags Great America not to far away...

Wow, I had no idea Illinois and Maryland were that close

But anyway, Magic Springs could use it. Picture Michigan's Adventure without Shivering Timbers and a weaker Waterpark. A Euro Fighter or Spinning Coaster would set that place off. La Ronde could also use a new coaster (Probably a Twisted Colossus of Monstre?)

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Six Flags America really deserves a new world class coaster. SFA is between both Baltimore and DC in one of the largest and the richest metro area in the country. I sincerely believe if they build it they would come. I think that the Six flags people are scared to invest too much into the park b/c it competes with Hershey Park, and Kings Dominion, with Dorney Park, Busch Gardens and their own Six Flags Great America not to far away...

Wow, I had no idea Illinois and Maryland were that close

Yeah, it's only a mere 11 hours away.

But yeah I do agree that SFA needs a new coaster. They've done a good job cleaning the park up a bit and adding some rides in the past couple years, but they really need a coaster that will bring more people to the park, whether it's a new coaster from the factory, or an RMC conversion on Roar or Wild One (my vote goes to Roar).

A few other parks that come to mind is Elitch Gardens, Kennywood, and Valleyfair.