TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which amusement park deserves a new coaster?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan's Adventure, no contest. Their last coaster was a SLC in 2008, so it's been over 6 years. But that was relocated from Geauga Lake, so it's not a 'new coaster'. The last original coaster they built was a CCI called Shivering Timbers in 1998, so they're over 16 years due for a new, unique coaster! I don't see them doing anything too big, but maybe a launched coaster like Sky Rocket at Kennywood would be nice! Heck, even a thrill ride, like a Intamin drop tower, would do wonders for the park!

Great Escape. For a corporate park this is just getting ridiculous.

- They have only had one adult coaster in their history that wasn't relocated and it's a Boomerang.

- Their last new adult coaster was a relocated mine train... 11 years ago

- Since Great Escape got it's last coaster (a kids coaster in 2005), every other Six Flags park got at least 2 new coasters

- Every coaster at this park sucks except for the Comet (the bobsled is okay but has huge lines and closes at 6 pm)

If we are talking brand new coasters only and not relocated I would have to say Six Flags America. I know they have received Apocalypse recently and Rajan Cajan is being built as I speak but BOTH are used. The last new coaster built is Batwing which opened in 2001.

Terra mitica

The last new coaster they had was an Intamin Ball coaster back in 2007, aside for that, they have an SLC, an RCCA woodie (I'd still love to see what RMC would be able to do with that double drop off the cliff) and a family coaster. They don't really have a good, big coaster

Castles N Coasters in Phoenix, AZ. We don't have much if anything in Arizona so why not try and squeeze another coaster in our only POS park.

Jimmy "anything is better than what we got" Bo

• 2 weeks later...
Dorney Park could use a new wooden coaster, the past 2 coasters they got were used coasters, and they need a good wooden coaster, preferably a GCI.

I'd like to see that. Dorney's a great, underrated park that deserves more attention. They've got a couple good steel coasters, but they could really use a world class wooden coaster. Thunderhawk's the best they've had for years now, since Hercules was torn down.

...Actually, Thunderhawk was the best they had even before Hercules was torn down. My head hurts just thinking about that disaster.

Worlds of Fun screams out to me in my opinion. When you say "deserves" I think the park need to justify it's coaster purchase as well. Worlds of Fun has been growing attendance-wise tremendously in the last few years. This year was their highest year on record. Plus, WOF has some much land right how. They could build almost anything in the front.

Prowler will be six years old in 2015. I think it's time for something new.

Darien Lake doesn't need a "Lake Monster" remodel of Predator, they just need a new family or major thrill coaster that is not a used coaster from another park.

Just anything, a (Gerstlauer) spinning coaster, a 300-foot giga, a Wing Rider, a Vekoma family suspended coaster, a dive machine, a floorless coaster, I could just go on forever!