TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which amusement park deserves a new coaster?

Here are a few parks:

1. Camden Park-the perfect place to for a relocated 23 year old boomerang

2. Everland (something good has to come to make up for the loss of Eagle's Fortress)

3. Jungle Jack's-also good for a relocated 23 year old boomerang

4. Coney Island (Ohio)-also good for a 23 year old relocated boomerang

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few parks:

2. Everland (something good has to come to make up for the loss of Eagle's Fortress)

Yes to all.

Here are a few parks:

You might want to add Darien Lake to the list as well even though they already have a Boomerang coaster, but they need a new coaster anyways since it's been like five years since their last coaster was added!

It'll probably be 2016 (if they don't expand the water park next year, otherwise we could be looking at '17 or '18) before it happens, but Valleyfair! is still in desperate need of some inversions! The last coaster built with inversions was Corkscrew back in '80. Renegade was the last coaster built; in '07. I think the park has improved dramatically since then, but for a park with such a high percentage of it's visitors holding season passes, it's getting a bit stale.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here is my list:

VF

MiA

SFStL

DL

Silverwood

Adventureland

SFOG

SFOT

SFGAd

CGA

I'm not going to add SFA because I think that Park needs a LOT done to it before it receives ANY new Rides. The place is in shambles IMO.

CGA

Gold Striker in 2013 and they already need another coaster right now? Really?

Yes I feel that they do. The Park was pretty neglected for a long time, and I feel Vortex needs to be removed and replaced.

I live like 45 mintues away from Camden Park, and how I badly want the park to get a new coaster. I think it will be probably a couple more years or maybe never since the park is literally ghetto and doesn't have a lot of money to add one. Although they did add a new flatride this year, but is like a carnival ride. Now the park that I think needs a new coaster is Michigans Adventure. Basically becuase I feel that it needs one more big coaster to make it a "complete" park. Also I think Adventureland needs a new coaster also.

Elitch's, Wild Waves, Calaway Park (they apparently do fantastic business), Great Escape, Adventureland, Valleyfair. As for Michigan Adventure it would be nice to see a new coaster there but it really doesn't seem to need one, same goes for Silverwood. Dorney Park is destined, at least it seems that way to me, to forever play third fiddle to Hersheypark and SFGAv so I totally understand the instillation of second hand rides, I just hope the next transplant is full circuit. Camden Park, I imagine, will close before they add a new coaster.

• 2 months later...
The Adventuredo- oh wait, we are finally getting one!! 13 years since Las Vegas has seen a new roller coaster (2000 with the now gone Speed: The Ride), but honestly I can see more rides going up in the future here in Vegas, if not a new park. I think there is another shift happening in Vegas where non-gaming attractions are starting to rise once again.

We lost two coasters in recent years, High Roller at Stratosphere and Speed: The Ride at Sahara.

Leaving now only 4 major coasters in Nevada. Canyon Blaster, El Loco, The Roller Coaster (Manhattan Express) and Desperado.

I agree. I think it is a fairly untapped market. Could you imagine how much money a "real park" could do there?

Personally I kind of miss the MGM theme park (even though it was kind of crappy.) My family had a lot of fun there a few times we went. I think if that opens today it would be completely different.

Definitely Dreamworld, Australia!

It is seriously short one decent, thrilling full circuit coaster: Cyclone doesn't really do it. When all that's left is a shuttle coaster (a really fast one at least), a skyloop, a family motocoaster and a family invert, you really don't have much choice in the thrill department.

That one, well themed, intense (airtime please), thrilling coaster would hopefully add to a park which still feels very carnival-like!

If any other park in North America hasn't had a new coaster built for them in over

20+ years, they have my sympathy. That's how long Playland in Vancouver has

been without a new one. Just the wooden Coaster (1958) and the old steel Corkscrew,

which opened in 1994. And I don't count the children's Kettle Creek Coaster (opened

in 2004) because....well honestly, it's not a big thrill type coaster, hmmm? For you and

me, I mean.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Only counting parks I've been to, these are the ones I feel are most deserving (no particular order)...

Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park

Great Escape

Holiday World

Lake Compounce

LEGOLAND California

Oaks Amusement Park

Wild Waves Theme Park

Probably Michigan's Adventure since the last coaster was Stealhawk a few years ago. Some new steel would really suit the bill here. The water park received the majority of the love for soo long now. A few flat rides wouldn't hurt either since most of their flats are a little ancient(Trabant).