TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which amusement park deserves a new coaster?

Elitches. Last major coaster was 2004, and they've removed one since then (Flying Coaster). I know they are out of space, but if we go off of what Grona Lund is doing then there will always be room.

Honorable mention to Silverwood, last major coaster was 2008. Hopefully that RMC works out!

Silverwood is getting a SBF spinner.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dairen Lake needs 2 new coasters

I think Darien Lake just needs one new coaster and I mean new, not a used coaster from another park more specifically a family coaster for kids in 42" inches and taller ranger even if they have ride it with an adult!

Dairen Lake needs 2 new coasters

I think Darien Lake just needs one new coaster and I mean new, not a used coaster from another park more specifically a family coaster for kids in 42" inches and taller range even if they have ride it with an adult!

Edited by DarienLaker

Please don't kill me.

But why is everyone against second hand coasters? I mean take After Shock at Silverwood. It was Déjà Vu at SFGAM.

Outside of the enthusiast community, I highly doubt many people, if anybody has visited both parks, let alone make a habit of doing so.

So SFI sells them a GIB for what I'm sure was much less than the price of a new one. SFI then makes money and Silverwood saves money.

Silverwood's customer base doesn't see it as a second hand coaster, they see it as the sweet new ride at Silverwood.

As an enthusiast, I understand the desire for new coasters. But if the park only warrants used rides, at least be thankful they are making changes.

Everyone wants that new hotness. But sometimes, most of the time....you don't get it.

Again. Please don't kill me.

Please don't kill me.

But why is everyone against second hand coasters? I mean take After Shock at Silverwood. It was Déjà Vu at SFGAM.

Outside of the enthusiast community, I highly doubt many people, if anybody has visited both parks, let alone make a habit of doing so.

So SFI sells them a GIB for what I'm sure was much less than the price of a new one. SFI then makes money and Silverwood saves money.

Silverwood's customer base doesn't see it as a second hand coaster, they see it as the sweet new ride at Silverwood.

As an enthusiast, I understand the desire for new coasters. But if the park only warrants used rides, at least be thankful they are making changes.

Everyone wants that new hotness. But sometimes, most of the time....you don't get it.

Again. Please don't kill me.

I'm not against relocated coasters or "hand me downs".......I am against 23 year old boomerang relocations. If a park transfers or relocates a solid coaster, I think it would be a good addition to a park in need of said coaster. But to give St Louis a 23 year old boomerang is laughable.

The Adventuredo- oh wait, we are finally getting one!! 13 years since Las Vegas has seen a new roller coaster (2000 with the now gone Speed: The Ride), but honestly I can see more rides going up in the future here in Vegas, if not a new park. I think there is another shift happening in Vegas where non-gaming attractions are starting to rise once again.

We lost two coasters in recent years, High Roller at Stratosphere and Speed: The Ride at Sahara.

Leaving now only 4 major coasters in Nevada. Canyon Blaster, El Loco, The Roller Coaster (Manhattan Express) and Desperado.

Fantasilandia really needs a new coaster, the Galaxy is gone, and Fantasilandia only puts flat rides and the rollercoasters are old and not so interesting (Vekoma Boomerang, and rough SLC) so I think it really needs a good coaster, custom, tall, with airtime or inversions

Dorney Park. It seems to constantly get old coasters from other parks, which many of us have already been on. I would like to visit, but it needs a shiny "new" reason to get me to go.

Elitch Gardens. The last non-kiddie coarser was added 10 years ago. That equates to zero adult coasters and one kiddie coaster added in 10 years. By comparison, Lagoon in SLC has added two adult coasters and two kiddie coasters in the past 10 years, and is already planning another adult coaster. And, if the SLC area is only half the size of the Denver area, this proves that Elitch's should deserve a new ride.

The Great Escape. Last new coaster was the boomerang, unless we count the kiddie Road Runner Exp./Frankie's mine train. I would love to see an Intamin Mega-lite replacing the Nightmare or the Steamin' Demon, but as this will obviously not happen, an El Loco or Eurofighter would fit nicely and be more realistic.

The Great Escape could use a good coaster. I think if Kentucky Kingdom's Hyper GTX does well then other parks will follow. Knotts Berry Farm needs a coaster but I believe that they are still supposed to get a giga some time in the next 5 years. I think we can all agree that Michigan's Adventure is long overdo for ANY type of ride. Before a coaster is put in, I think the park needs a super shot from Larson.