TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which wooden coasters needs refurbishments/improvements.

Ghost Rider - topper track would be awesome. Nothing wrong with the layout, no gimmicky inversions needed.

Coney Island's Cyclone - finish re-tracking the ride. The parts that haven't been retracked are rough as guts.

SFA's Roar - another decent layout that needs some TLC to make it rideable again.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think every woodie that wasn't recently built by GCI, RMC, or Intamin needs a refurb. Many of the other woodies aren't that bad, and if you can't handle it, don't ride it.

I must agree with Ghostrider though, and it'd be nice if Twister 2 got some work done. EDIT: Also Cyclone at SFNE could still benefit from more topper track and less trims.

I don't think every woodie that wasn't recently built by GCI, RMC, or Intamin needs a refurb. Many of the other woodies aren't that bad, and if you can't handle it, don't ride it.

I must agree with Ghostrider though, and it'd be nice if Twister 2 got some work done. EDIT: Also Cyclone at SFNE could still benefit from more topper track and less trims.

I agree.

Topper track did wonders for this ride. I never used to ride it but now I usually ride it once per visit. If they added a little more topper track to the first turn and drop and then removed the brakes they would have a really good coaster on their hands... as it stands the ride is finally smooth (except for the first drop and turn) but because of the trims it's really slow and boring.

ANACONDA at Walygator Parc!

That doesn't need a refurbishment or improvements. It overdue for a wrecking ball!

Out of the woodie's i've been on it's:

The Boss - Iron Horse

Mean Streak - Iron Horse

The Bandit - retrack, work in progress...

Robin Hood - retrack, maybe Topper Track with the new Vekoma/RMC deal.

Others are not to be saved, or are overdue for a wrecking ball. RCCA mostly!

ANACONDA at Walygator Parc!

That doesn't need a refurbishment or improvements. It overdue for a wrecking ball!

Out of the woodie's i've been on it's:

The Boss - Iron Horse

Mean Streak - Iron Horse

The Bandit - retrack, work in progress...

Robin Hood - retrack, maybe Topper Track with the new Vekoma/RMC deal.

Others are not to be saved, or are overdue for a wrecking ball. RCCA mostly!

Wrecking ball... They deserve Miley!!!

Judge Roy Scream: retrack

Apocalypse The Ride: retrack

Fireball: Iron Horse

CP'S Blue Streak: retrack

Fireball as in Wooden Coaster Fireball? What the heck are you going on about? It was rated 11th best wooden coaster last year.

Fireball as in Wooden Coaster Fireball? What the heck are you going on about? It was rated 11th best wooden coaster last year.

Yes, Fireball was awful rough when I rode it. The angle of the drops can certainly be a lot more. HVSh put a lot of money on maintaining the ride and I've heard they are tired of the ride.

I just got back from my trip in Grand Prairie, Texas to visit family for the new year's, and we got to go to Six Flags Over Texas on New Year's day (Which it's always surprisingly dead for some reason according to some older relatives who have gone a lot on that day), and I just have to say, The Judge Roy Scream is TERRIBLE! It needs some serious work on the airtime hills and that turnaround made it feel like we were going to FLY off the tracks! Dear GOD does it need an RMC like Texas Giant got! (Which I rode 7 times and LOVED IT!) Still though, The Judge Roy Scream sucks!

*Go on New Year's day as it is dead for some reason, or really packed, one of the two.

Georgia Cyclone: RMC that sucker. Iron Cyclone anyone?

Hurler: I personally love this ride, but topper track would be nice.

Actually, Georgia Cyclone's 4th drop had some great ejector airtime in the back when I rode it in the rain (repeatedly.) I think its trims were off. Anyways, it sounds weird, but I loved that thing! It could use a bit more topper track, but I think its a good woodie. The airtime literally felt dangerous. Like, literally, dangerous if your lapbar wasn't quite down enough. Of course, that's why most coasters with loose lapbars have seatbelts.