TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your favorite ride of 2013?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels like I didn´t ride as much as I wanted. ( Do you ever...?)

But... What I did, was great. I have two winner, but the view makes no1, no1.

1. Shambhala - Port Aventura -Spain - High, smooth, aaaiiiiirtiiiime !!

2. OzIris - Park Asterix - France - I really liked the way it was planned. In the front-row you can Flyyyy.

3. Balder - Liseberg - Sweden - Not a new one for me, but of the ones I rode 2013, it make it to the 3d place.

(maby next time it will be Henix, for No 1...)

Thanks for all the recomendations. I look forward to ride them all.

Coasters

Non-Coaster

1. Mystic Manor - HKDL

2. Journey to the center of the earth - TDS

3. Tower of Terror - TDS

I rode my first Tower... this last year at Disney - Paris. And I laught and laught. Crazy.

Only visited Tusenfryd and Liseberg last year so no new credits for me. However I had the great pleasure of riding Spinspider at Tusenfryd for the first time. This is a giant frisbee from Zamperla (the model is called "Giant Discovery"). As I have only ridden smaller versions before I was actually a bit nervous while standing in line, and that is a feeling that I have not experienced on any ride in a very long time. To me this added to the experience, and for the ride itself I loved it!

This year I visited SFGA and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I usually only get to go to two (at most) theme parks a year, but I try and make them ones I haven't visited or ones I haven't been to in a while. I have been to SFGA befor,e but I went with some freinds who have not been there before. The first time I went there I rode almost all the coasters, but for some reason i left out El Toro! So El toro was my goal of that trip and it did not disappoint! Easily one of the best wooden coasters I have ever been on and possibly my favorite coaster ever!

1. El Toro

Busch Gardens Williamsburg I have not been to in a while so there was quite a bit of new things in the park. The last time I went there I was young so I was too scard to go on Alpengeist and Griffon did not exist. Griffon was the most unique of the two, but Alpengeist had so much force and was beautifully layer out.

2. Alpengeist

3. Griffon

Let's see, during the year I visited CGA about four times, visited USH during spring break, and went to SFMM during the first week of November.

My top 3 coasters of 2013 would have to be:

3. Scream (SFMM)

2. Full Throttle (SFMM)

1. Gold Striker (CGA)

This was a light year for me, as I mainly stayed in California (I did visit a couple Pacific Northwest parks as well, but there was nothing notable about them).

New Coasters:

3. Superman Ultimate Flight

2. Gold Striker

1. Full Throttle

All Coasters:

3. Xcelerator

2. Full Throttle

1. Tatsu

Non-Coasters:

3. Haunted Mansion

2. Pirates of the Caribbean

1. Indiana Jones Adventure

Parks:

3. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

2. Six Flags Magic Mountain

1. Disneyland

Rather than make all three from Cedar Point, I'll go with:

1. Magnum XL-200

2. El Toro (got on it five times in one day, more than I usually manage with the lines)

3. Twister (Knoebels) (first ride after dark, in the rain -AMAZING)

My Favorite rides of 2013:

3. Raptor

2. Millennium Force

1. Maverick

My Favorite new credits for 2013:

3. Mystery Mine

2. The Voyage

1. Thunderhead

Honorable mentions: Wild Eagle, Sky Rocket, Tennessee Tornado, The Raven

My favorite ride of 2013 had to be Voyage, which I pleasantly overdosed on during Holiwood Nights 2013. Never seen it run better than it did during a light rain on Saturday evening. Just awesome!

Favorite new rides of 2013 were White Lightning, packing an incredible amount of fun into a small woodie; and Gatekeeper, which I rode 14 times during media day. Big fun!

I had a pretty slow year; I only did California parks (finally made it back to NorCal) and Japan parks (mostly the smaller and more out-of-the-way parks).

My 3 favorite "New to me" coasters:

1. Gold Striker (CGA) (New for 2013!)

2. YOLOcoaster (SFMM) (New for 2013!)

3. Spaceship 2056 (New Reoma World - I have a soft spot for Space Mountain ripoffs)

Runners up would be Venus GP and the crazy Dive Loop Ultratwister. And I think my only other "New for 2013" coaster was Coast Rider (KBF).

My 3 favorite "Rode in 2013" coasters:

1. Gold Striker (CGA)

2. Eejanaika (Fuji-Q)

3. Apocalypse (SFMM)

My 3 favorite "New to me" non-coaster rides:

1. Transformers: The Ride (USH)

2. Splash Mountain (Tokyo Disneyland - I'd missed a few rides on my previous TDL visit)

3. Rainbow Bandits (New Reoma World)

Runners up would be TDL's Haunted Mansion and that Halfpipe ride at Joypolis.

My 3 favorite "Rode in 2013" non-coaster rides:

1. Journey to the Center of the Earth (DisneySea)

2. Indiana Jones & the Temple of the Crystal Skull (DisneySea)

3. Transformers: The Ride (USH)

Hands down for me the best ride of 2013 was Skyrush (and also new to me this year). I haven't had a coaster totally blow my mind since I first set foot on Millennium Force and TTD back in 04'. It totally re-ignited my passion for coasters (I had gotten kind of jaded and blase about coasters up until this spring) this year, and I've done more riding this year (on Skyrush and other coasters) than I've done in years.

Other honorable mention coasters that I enjoyed a lot:

El Toro (I always enjoy this one!)

Wild Eagle (my first B&M wing rider; I just wish I had had the time to get more than two rides on it)

Wild Thing (the best coaster of my mid-west trip, which included Valley Fair, Nick Universe and Mt. Olympus)