TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to see in your home park in 2015?

My home park is Kentucky Kingdom. Mostly I just want to see the park open for a second season. T2 is schedule for a major overhaul, so I'd like to see it receive some track work, new trains, and maybe a paint job (although I'm kind of used to the all black scheme). If the park does well in its first season, I'd like to see either a large flat ride added or a coaster with some inversions. With the removal of Chang and Greezed Lightning, T2 is now the only coaster in the park with inversions. If the park chooses to focus on the water park, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to an Aqualoop. It seems right up Ed Hart's alley.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see a new flagship attraction at SFOG. I believe there's a height limitation that would keep them from building a giga, but something along the lines of Maverick would be fine by me. Of the fully-branded Six Flags parks in the US, only SFOG and SFNE lack a launched coaster.

I am very excited about the next few years for canobie. Now that they're done with flats for a while, it's all about the big additions! The corn/petting zoo that was by castaway island is now going to be behind untamed in that field. Here is the mystery plot.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything to go in that spot where 'Cuda Falls was at Darien Lake and I got some choice suggestions!

.A new area with rides like a Zamperla Skater coaster, the return of Scrambler, and a similar drop tower to Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa

.A birthday party area

.A food corut

.A new show theater

I want a world-class themed land based on some of the most successful books/movies of all time, with unprecedented theming, and what is to be considered as two of the best theme park ride experiences of all time, both of which use innovative and never-before-seen tech. Ahhh, that'd be the dream.

Oh wait a second...

Michigan's Adventure: Shade structures, some LEDs, a second train on Wolverine Wildcat, a new and not terrible food option. Being open before Memorial Day weekend and after the weekend following Labor Day would be sweet too. Setting the bar low here, people.

Cedar Point: Hotel rooms that aren't shameful are my priority, and supposedly I'm getting that. Beach cleaning equipment would be nice. Something that replaces Dinosaurs Alive with an attraction worth doing. I get the rationale of why Dick Kinzel agreed to get these things, but it's a colossal use of land for something that is just so, so silly. The part that kills me is Cedar Fair's refusal to build decent dark rides because they require maintenance, only to get 60 gigantic animatronic dinosaurs per park and leave them outdoors, totally open to the elements.

I would like to see Cedar Point's version of WMG (but where would it be, lower level of the Colosseum but with a "skylight" through the roof sort of section?) That or an amphibian-themed, lagoon-hugging mega-something (Intamin or Chance).

Valleyfair: Really open-minded. Would love to see a big coaster, an update to the waterpark, or even a dark ride of some sort. As long as whatever it is brings something the would fill a hole in the park's lineup, I can't complain.

Idk about 2015, but I still hope to see a flume again someday.

Knott's Berry Farm: Dark ride or coaster, so long as whatever it is doesn't damage what's left of Ghost Town. Recent years show that management is being careful about retaining this now, which is encouraging.

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Bring on Iron Colossus! Or clean restrooms. I'd take either.

• 2 weeks later...

For Darien Lake, I'd like to see some new water slides and/or a new kiddie water park playground (Hook's Lagoon is starting to show its age). As for my other home park, Martin's Fantasy Island, a new log flume ride or some sort of water ride.

Three things for Carowinds in 2015:

1. Continue to retrack/improve Hurler and Thunder Road

2. Convert Vortex to a floorless (I know this will probably never happen, but I'd like it to.)

3. I know a new coaster is in the works or next year, I just hope it's not a taller Intimidator. Preferably a 300ft. Dive Machine.

SFGadv

Dreaming: RMC wooden coaster revitalizing Old Country. Or an Intamin Giga

Realistic: I think they will get a coaster next year, so it could be a few things. Rumors about SFMM and even SFNE getting the iron horse, but if they remove a coaster, Bizarro is most likely, so some type of B&M in that spot (wing or 4D). Or RMC, you never know.

SFA

Dreaming: Bizarro from SFGadv

Realistic: a flat or waterpark expansion. SFA really needs a highlight coaster, but I just don't see it.

What do you think?

Home park is CP... I would honestly like to see a GCI twister in the place of Mean Streak, Gemini or even Magnum for that matter. Need some new wood at the point.

With the space that Mean Streak occupies, they could easily fit a GCI dueling twister

SFGadv

Realistic: I think they will get a coaster next year, so it could be a few things. Rumors about SFMM and even SFNE getting the iron horse, but if they remove a coaster, Bizarro is most likely, so some type of B&M in that spot (wing or 4D). Or RMC, you never know.

SFA

Dreaming: Bizarro from SFGadv

Realistic: edit: SkyScreamer. SFA really needs a highlight coaster, but I just don't see it.

Edit:

KD

Dreaming: B&M invert or hyper

Realistic: Warerpark expansion. I don't see a new coaster till 2016. The Carowinds Giga will eat up the budget.

What do you think?

Edited by Password121

SFGadv

What do you think?

They just removed 2 credits(both rolling thunder sides) so it seems odd that they would remove another coaster when they have land available for an new coaster already (Batman and Robin area)

With the coaster wars long and gone, would love more of the bigger parks to get low to the ground rides. After finally getting to ride Maverick and reading rave reviews about rides like Alpina Blitz, and Lightning Run I'm so excited/hyped about this ride type. Hopefully the manufacturers can come up with a way to make these rides higher capacity.

SFGadv

What do you think?

They just removed 2 credits(both rolling thunder sides) so it seems odd that they would remove another coaster when they have land available for an new coaster already (Batman and Robin area)

I agree. Not saying it will be removed, but if they don't want to fix up Old Country, Bizarro is probably next on the chopping block. Green Lantern is too "new," unfortunately.