TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to see in your home park in 2015?

^My home park, Michigan's Adventure, needs something great. Here's what I think it needs:

Coaster Ideas

I got a few. One would be that hyper coaster that the Jourden's were talking about before Cedar Fair bought the park. Another would be a mine train coaster. Another I'd like to see is a Gerstlaurer Euro-Fighter coaster or an Intamin impulse coaster. I also agree with giving Shivering Timbers the RMC Topper Track. I'd keep it at the current layout, though.

Tower Ride

Here's one someone else mentioned here. An S&S tower ride would definitely help MiAd in the thrill ride department.

Planet Snoopy

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it's generic, but our park is the only one of the Cedar Fair parks NOT to have either Planet Snoopy or Camp Snoopy (Cedar Point has both!). They could bring some of the existing kiddie rides and re-theme them to Peanuts (for example, moving the kid coaster Big Dipper to Planet Snoopy and re-name it Woodstock Express).

Challenge Park

With the recent removal of the Go Kart track to make room for the Flying Scooters, we could use this as a separate area within the park and re-add the Go Karts. I'd even move the mini golf and Rip Chord over there.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFGAm's 40th Anniversary Season will be in 2016, so I'll save the generic revitalization efforts until then. (I want them to follow a KD type route for that year, repainting rides, refurbishing, landscaping, and possibly brick paving.)

For 2015, I'd like to see either a SkyScreamer or a Screamin' Swing in the spot vacated by Ragin' Cajun. Giant Barn Swing was fantastic and I'd love to see one of them at my home park. I also love swing rides and heights, so I think a StarFlyer would be a perfect ride type for somebody like myself.

BBH, Since you did my Homepark SFGAm, I guess I'll do aZoosment Park

I would like to see the Waterpark reopened and expanded. Hopefully a Wave Pool and Family Water Play area added. My idea is for them to take Racing Rapids and give it a Jungle theme since they have animals as their park theme.

At Thorpe Park I want a wooden coaster and an awesome flat ride to replace the possibly defunct Slammer. I think something like The Flash at Ocean Park (Mondial Ultramax) would fit in well at Thorpe. There's just not enough of them in the world and they're wonderful. Definitely the best flat ride I have been on.

In Hong Kong, there's already plans at both of the major theme parks. The Iron Man Experience is basically what I would've wanted for the park next (maybe including all Avengers instead of just Iron Man). I'm hoping it's somewhat like Star Tours II with multiple scenes. Ocean Park is adding a Shark aquarium which will be great for the park, I'd love another coaster (to replace The Dragon possibly) but I can't see that happening for another few years.

I'd like to see my home park (SFNO) actually open back up. It won't happen for at least another year or two though.

Until then, my home park is Blue Bayou/Dixie Landin. I'd like to see that park open up a small wooden coaster similar to "Wooden Warrior" at Quassy. But I don't see that happening anytime soon as they jut spent a load of cash on a 4lane "looping" water slide. They have been trying to acquire more land to expand the park, but I think the locals are opposing it for some stupid reason or another. Maybe a small wood out and back around the edges of the waterpark back parking lot is a good idea. It doesn't have to be tall, fast, or do heartline rolls; just a fun wood coaster.

I already discussed my ideas for Michigan's Adventure, so I'll share my Cedar Point thoughts.

Already Confirmed: Finish the Hotel Breakers remodeling.

Best Guess for next year: dark ride from the same company creating the one for Canada's Wonderland.

Wish List for the next few years:

- Mean Streak. Either a RMC rehab or a compete new wooden coaster.

- Water Coaster and other new slides for Soak City.

- Drop tower attached to TTD and send Power Tower to another park that needs a thrill ride (Michigan's Adventure?).

- Use this newly opened space for a family coaster or flat ride.

- Sit down or Floorless trains on Mantis.

I already discussed my ideas for Michigan's Adventure, so I'll share my Cedar Point thoughts.

Already Confirmed: Finish the Hotel Breakers remodeling.

Best Guess for next year: dark ride from the same company creating the one for Canada's Wonderland.

Wish List for the next few years:

- Mean Streak. Either a RMC rehab or a compete new wooden coaster.

- Water Coaster and other new slides for Soak City.

- Drop tower attached to TTD and send Power Tower to another park that needs a thrill ride (Michigan's Adventure?).

- Use this newly opened space for a family coaster or flat ride.

- Sit down or Floorless trains on Mantis.

Could they add Floorless trains onto Mantis? If they could it certainly would make the ride much better

^ The floorless trains would require heavy station modifications. Now that I think about it, I don't think that there is enough room for the drop floors that would be needed. I would still be quite happy if sit-down trains would be used instead. I'm not quite sure if either idea is even possible due to the riders being in a seating configuration for which the coaster was not designed.

Really, either one is a huge improvement. The layout is pretty interesting and forceful. It would be so much better with more comfortable trains. The ride usually seems to only use two of the three trains, but I believe that this is a result of load times and not ridership numbers.

Edited by raptor6

If they did that, that would be sweet. And while we're at it, throw in a new color scheme and name and it would really make it Great! I bet the ride would become a lot more popular as a Floorless. And i'm all for sending power tower to Michigan's Adventure and putting a 400 footer at CP. they need a rememberable drop tower!

Since KI is getting a major addition this year, I'd like to see KI get some operational improvements. A Lo-Q system (like Flash Pass) is probably too much to ask, and too complicated for the hillbillies that frequently occupy the park, but something to make the system "smarter" since the passes are mostly going to used for Firehawk and Banshee.

A cashless system for the waterpark would be nice.

Touch up or redo the "Paramount Story" (now just a fancy smoking area).

Re-add some sort of winter event. Not necessarily Winterfest, but may something "Peanuts Christmas" related. (Winter in Cincinnati is boring!)

I really like the idea of Mantis getting Kumba styled sit down trains, I think it would be a pretty wicked, forceful ride that doesn't need the trims on the first drop running.

For my home park, SFGAm.... For 2015, I'm in a agreement we need a solid dark ride. Not a shooting one at that, just a solid, air conditioned dark ride. Western, DC, or Americana themed.

^What about floorless trains? It would be more interesting, I think.

Look a couple posts back. Sit down trains probably would be easier to install

I really like the idea of Mantis getting Kumba styled sit down trains, I think it would be a pretty wicked, forceful ride that doesn't need the trims on the first drop running.

For my home park, SFGAm.... For 2015, I'm in a agreement we need a solid dark ride. Not a shooting one at that, just a solid, air conditioned dark ride. Western, DC, or Americana themed.

I really hope if we get a dark ride it isn't DC themed. Americana or Western sound good.

I like the idea of bringing back traditional sit down trains. Nobody makes a sit-down looping coaster anymore. I haven't ridden a floorless, but the idea seems like riding a B&M hyper where I can see the track......... I wasn't thrilled by the idea when Medusa came out, and I'm still not moved.

^The reason why we generally like B&M sitting models more is because of the layouts themselves, due to their intensity and "oldschoolness". As floorless rides came later they are usually less intense rides but I think having those trains on coasters like Kumba or Dragon Khan would be great as they would combine the extra freedom of the floorless ones with the forcefulness of the older rides.

Mantis was designed around a stand-up coaster's heartline (much higher than normal) so putting sit-down trains on it might make the ride experience a little awkward.

But I seriously want a B&M sit-down - anywhere - with trains like these: