TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to see in your home park in 2015?

^I agree. The reason I brought it up is because it could probably benefit SFA more than it does Great Adventure now. Also, I agree that they probably don't want to remove a coaster for their next one in 2015, if not 2016. However, if they happen to, removing Bizarro would allow them to expand in RT's area and connect that back to Frontier Adventures. Not exactly what I'd want, but Bizarro is likely the coaster that would be removed (other than maybe Superman) if they were asked to rotate one.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^If a ride were rotated I think it should be Green Lantern. That ride hurts and isn't very popular now. Plus it would be better for a smaller park. A floorless coaster is at every region. There are no stand ups in New England or Canada so GL being rotated to SFNE or great escape could be beneficial. A wing coaster or woodie could definitely fit in that area.

^If a ride were rotated I think it should be Green Lantern. That ride hurts and isn't very popular now. Plus it would be better for a smaller park. A floorless coaster is at every region. There are no stand ups in New England or Canada so GL being rotated to SFNE or great escape could be beneficial. A wing coaster or woodie could definitely fit in that area.

No standups in Canada? What are Skyrider or Cobra then?

I would agree with you, but I think Green Lantern hasn't been at the park long enough to be rotated. Also, SFNE has confirmed that they'll be getting two new coasters in the near future, and I just don't think it'll be rotated to a park that doesn't really need it. I think they'll stick to developing Old Country and RT footprint in the near future.

Silver Dollar City needs some new children's rides. Last children's rides they put in was Half Dollar Holler in 2011, and that had only one new ride, a Zamperla Mini Wave Swinger. The other ride in that section is a carousel that was simply relocated from the old children's area that was removed to make room for the River Blast. So I'm really hoping for an announcement that they'll be doing the rumoured refurb/retheme/expansion of Geyser Gulch.

For KD: I'd like to see the old Waterworks stuff moved to the other side of the Rebel Yell, freeing up land to either bring back that part of the lake (and maybe bring back the old waterskiing show) or to expand Candy Apple Grove and get some much needed flat rides. Seriously I don't expect the park to do this, though. Nor will they take down Shockwave and the old Nickelodeon area and put in a wing-rider in it's place like they should. Something the size of SFGAm's X-Flight should fit in that area.

For BGW: Add something of value to Ireland, please. There's a nicely wooded area between the parking lot and the park proper that could be used for a coaster. Either that or redo Festa Italia, as it's an eyesore.

Carowinds: Remove Hurler. If people want to ride it, they can go 6 hours north to KD. And proceed with those coaster plans for that area.

My home park is Worlds of Fun and I actually think it is likely that they will build a coaster next year. Prowler was built in 2008, and the only major thrill ride since then is a relocated Windseeker opening this year. I really hope they don't wait until 2016 or later to add a coaser, but we shall see...

I would want: An Intamin LSM launch or blitz coaster, a custom Intamin looping coaster, (in my dreams) an Intamin giga-coaster, a Mack launched coaster, a B&M flying coaster (like Starry Sky Ripper), an S&S launched coaster, or a Giant Frisbee.

I'd be pleased with: an Intamin mega-lite (I'd be ecstatic, I just kinda think Worlds of Fun needs a new looping or launched coaster), an Intamin Impulse coaster (over most B&M's), a Maurer-Sohne launched coaster (like Freischutz but with more than one train), a B&M anything or a new log flume as a replacement of Viking Voyage in its current place with its current name.

I do not want: anything from Gerstlauer, an S&S El Loco, a clone of Superman at SFDK, a Roller Soaker, a Mack Supersplash, a revamp of Planet Snoopy (or any 'family section' for that matter), or a water park addition with no additions to the amusement park.

I'm flexible, but I will be very upset if they build one of my don't wants. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I'm actually scared that Worlds of Fun will get a Gerstlauer...

My home park is Worlds of Fun and I actually think it is likely that they will build a coaster next year. Prowler was built in 2008, and the only major thrill ride since then is a relocated Windseeker opening this year. I really hope they don't wait until 2016 or later to add a coaser, but we shall see...

I would want: An Intamin LSM launch or blitz coaster, a custom Intamin looping coaster, (in my dreams) an Intamin giga-coaster, a Mack launched coaster, a B&M flying coaster (like Starry Sky Ripper), an S&S launched coaster, or a Giant Frisbee.

I'd be pleased with: an Intamin mega-lite (I'd be ecstatic, I just kinda think Worlds of Fun needs a new looping or launched coaster), an Intamin Impulse coaster (over most B&M's), a Maurer-Sohne launched coaster (like Freischutz but with more than one train), a B&M anything or a new log flume as a replacement of Viking Voyage in its current place with its current name.

I do not want: anything from Gerstlauer, an S&S El Loco, a clone of Superman at SFDK, a Roller Soaker, a Mack Supersplash, a revamp of Planet Snoopy (or any 'family section' for that matter), or a water park addition with no additions to the amusement park.

I'm flexible, but I will be very upset if they build one of my don't wants. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I'm actually scared that Worlds of Fun will get a Gerstlauer...

Few Things:

Prowler was built in 2009

They already expanded the waterpark this year

They expanded their Camp Snoopy into Planet Snoopy in 2011

Personally, I Hope they add a flat or 2 (Flying Scooters, Interactive Dark Ride, Half Pipe, Etc.) to Africa and revamp the Mamba/Coasters Restaurant Area

For dorney, I think they need a CGI woodie. Their only one was built almost 90 years ago. They need a good mid-sized woodie with a twister layout.

I really like the CGI dinosaurs in jurassic Park!

But seriously, I want to see Twisted Twins have an RMC Rehab with topper track similar to IRAT.

My water park wish is for the water slide complex that Worlds of Fun got in 2013 and Dorney is getting for 2014. The water park has such long lines during the summer especially on the big slides like Funnel of Fear. One of these would really help considering there's 6 new slides total. Right now there's a spot that has 3 slides that separate into different places. It's very confusing if you don't know which ones go where and I've seen people get separated from their group unknowingly. Not to mention the current slides aren't very thrilling at all.

I like this water park idea. The water park is very crowded in the summertime and it will definitely help with the capacity issues. I rode those slides on the confusing slide complex last summer. No one really knew what slides that they could ride as only certain colored tubes could go on certain slides. Lines were terrible!

Some other items on my Michigan's Adventure wish list:

- Connect the Shivering Timbers area to the Thunderhawk area with a pathway in addition to the train.

- More off-season maintenance for the wooden coasters. They seemed a little bumpier than usual during the 2013 season.

- Run 2 trains on Wolverine Wildcat! The line moves at a snail's pace for a subpar coaster.

- Buy the new Vekoma trains for Thunderhawk. The current OTSRs really dig into my shoulders and the head banging is just icing on the punishment cake.

- Some sort of thrilling flat ride.

Edited by raptor6

I would love to see a flat ride of some sort like an S&S swing come to Six Flags Great America. We have a solid collection of flat rides, but not too many thrilling or newer ones. Park president, Hank Salemi, is also pushing to get an interactive dark ride so that might be a cool addition for next year or perhaps 2016 for the park's 40th anniversary.

Some other items on my Michigan's Adventure wish list:

- Connect the Shivering Timbers area to the Thunderhawk area with a pathway in addition to the train.

- More off-season maintenance for the wooden coasters. They seemed a little bumper than usual during the 2013 season.

- Run 2 trains on Wolverine Wildcat! The line moves at a snail's pace for a subpar coaster.

- Buy the new Vekoma trains for Thunderhawk. The current OTSRs really dig into my shoulders and the head banging is just icing on the punishment cake.

- Some sort of thrilling flat ride.

I agree about the off season maintenance. Shivering Timbers was extra bumpy last year. My ultimate dream would be to give Shivering Timbers the RMC treatment, but give it topper track so it can still be classified as a wooden coaster. Imagine the 90 degree drop, and all those awesome, smooth, ejector air time hills that could happen.

Also about the Vekoma trains, I would love these as well. It would actually become an enjoyable ride.