TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to see in your home park in 2015?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, SDC plans a Geyser Gulch refurb/expansion in 2015, and that sounds awesome to me. My kids love Geyser Gulch, and having a few more rides around there would be perfect. It's kind of an empty area since they removed the Wilderness Waterboggan.

Well, Dorney normally puts in a new coaster every four years, so I'll cheat and say for 2016, a GCI. Or GravityGroup. Just SOME wooden coaster. Dorney has to be one of the only parks in Cedar Fair's lineup without a GCI or modern wooden coaster. I don' care if it's good or not, but a non-recycled coaster would be great.

For 2015... hmm. There's not anything realistic to suggest that Dorney needs. The old bumper cars would be nice to have again.

Well, Dorney normally puts in a new coaster every four years, so I'll cheat and say for 2016, a GCI. Or GravityGroup. Just SOME wooden coaster. Dorney has to be one of the only parks in Cedar Fair's lineup without a GCI or modern wooden coaster. I don' care if it's good or not, but a non-recycled coaster would be great.

Depending on one's definition of "modern" you're way off about Dorney.

--KI's most recent is Beast (1979)--seeing as how Son of Beast turned out

--CW hasn't had a new woodie since 1981

--CP's last woodie was Mean Streak in 1991

--KD and Carowinds' each last woodie were Hurlers in 1994 (20 years ago)

Anyway, I'd like a modern woodie for BG and KD!

Considering that Dorney's only remaining woodie was built 90 years ago, I'd say that those are all fairly recent.

And all of those parks are among the biggest in the chain with top of the line attractions. I don't think they need a new wooden coaster (well, Cedar Point could), but I feel that Dorney deserves a GCI the most out of any Cedar Fair park. KD could be thrown in there too.

Considering that Dorney's only remaining woodie was built 90 years ago, I'd say that those are all fairly recent.

And all of those parks are among the biggest in the chain with top of the line attractions. I don't think they need a new wooden coaster (well, Cedar Point could), but I feel that Dorney deserves a GCI the most out of any Cedar Fair park. KD could be thrown in there too.

Actually, I agree with you and was only teasing. Dorney certainly falls more in line with Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun, and CGA in the Cedar Fair chain of parks and it's odd that they're on the outside looking in as those parks all received new GCI's in the past several years. While it would be nice if the parks I mentioned in my post received a solid GCI or Gravity Group, they certainly aren't lacking for attention in receiving other stellar rides.

• 1 month later...

In SFGAdv I want to see either a GCI woodie to replace Rolling Thunder or a 4D because the only ones in the country are on the west coast. It would be nice to have an intense S&S or the first B&M 4D here. It would fit well in the park and cut down on the horribly long lines. A GCI woodie is great because we don't have a good medium between kiddie rides and the intense coasters. Plus GCI has some really fun coasters out there and it would be nice to have one.

^ How bout a Skyscreamer?

KD needs a B&M or a GCI. Though if Cedar Fair decided to test out RMC on KD, I wouldn't complain! If its a B&M, then Hyper or Wing. They should also bring back their Skyride in 2015! That'd be great!

BGW needs a woodie or a B&M Flyer. If its a woodie, then GCI or an RMC. But I heard that they will prob be getting a tall flat ride. Like a SkyScreamer or an Observation tower. I'd personally rather have an S&S Screamin Swing over either of those, but most of all, I just want a woodie.

SFA should get a skyscreamer. If its not that, then it'll probably be a Tsunami Soaker/Aqua Twist, but I WANT a Skyscreamer.

SFMM-RMC retracking of Colossus (already rumored) or demolish Colossus completely and put in a T Express clone

Knott's-Finally get "Leviathan", but scrap B&M and use Intamin. Or a 15 inversion euro fighter

Universal-Don't care

Sea World-Don't care

Disney- Rocket Rods 2015

This is a past rumor that has pretty much been dismissed, but I think relocating Bizarro from SFGadv to SFA wouldn't be a bad idea. It is likely that Great Adventure is getting a coaster in 2015 or 2016, so why not give SFA something they need (a good B&M) and give remove a dead end from Great Advenure, allowing them to connect three current dead ends (Golden Kingdom, Plaza del Carnaval, and Frontier Adventures). Bizarro's ridership is lower than many of their other coasters, and with a rumored B&M 4D prototype or an RMC, why not give it to the park that needs it most?

What do you all think?

^ I agree, my home park is SFA, but I occasionally visit Great Adventure. Bizarro is one of my favorites at the park, behind only the big three. I just think SFA would benefit more from Bizarro than Great Adventure does currently, and it would allow Great Adventure to expand and connect dead ends.