TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to see in your home park in 2015?

I'd like to see Canada's Wonderland do something about their SLC and their wooden coasters. They are all pretty terrible. Cedar Fair has spent a ton of money there since acquiring the park though so I can't really complain.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags St. Louis:

The park's carousel will be celebrating its 100th anniversary, so (some sources from the SFSTL thread) say it may be refurbished and relocated to the park's central plaza. It's old location would leave enough room for a decent kiddie/family coaster.

Silver Dollar City:

Half of the people claim 2015 will bring a Geyser Gulch replacement. The other half claim a big, new B&M coaster is coming. Not only is the Geyser Gulch rumor much more likely (the park sent out emails asking for comments on ideas they had for the replacement), I think it is also a better option. The Riverfront is one of the most generic theme park areas of SDC, and a rethemeing as a Fireworks Factory would help the area blend better with the rest of the park.

CGA:

I'd like to see a unique B&M Hyper stretching out to the parking lot, something like Intimidator at Carowinds without the bend in it.

SFDK:

I'd like to see another roller coaster come to frutition on the hill by the 3D theatre. Something like a terrain mega lite.

I'm not sure if Indiana Beach, which is 2.5 hours away, is considered a home park. I don't think this is likely to happen, but I'd love to see Hoosier Hurricane get converted to a steel coaster. I've ridden it twice and my neck and back hurt both times I rode it. Personally I'd like to see get a first drop like Medusa Steel Coaster Plus they could make it taller, which would make Hoosier Hurricane a much more forceful ride with more airtime

If not that, I would like to see a flat ride near Double Shot. I think it should be a semi-major flat ride, like a smaller Zamperla Discovery or a S&S Screamin' Swing. I'd love to see an Air Race but I'm not sure it would fit.

Considering Wild Waves in Seattle is the closest park to me now, I'd like to see either an RMC or GG woody OR even a mack similar to the likes of Helix. Is it likely? No. I don't even follow the rumors for that park but as of yet I still haven't checked out that park since living in Portland for a year.

I still visit the socal area frequently so I still regard kbf as the home park. I'd love to see it get an airtime machine of some sort. Mack/Intamin/RMC doesn't matter just as long as it blows minds and wins hearts.

I'm dreaming here - but it would be pretty awesome to see Knoebels or a similar "family"-style park scoop up Knightmare from Camelot in the UK and have Gerstlauer or Zierer refurbish it.

La Ronde : As I know we are not getting any new coaster soon, any GOOD flat ride will do. I think if my home parks get a new coaster, it would be in 2017 for the parks 50th anniversary. I would also like to see Le Monstre up and running next season. I know most enthusiasts don't like it, but I really love it and want to see that coaster operating again !

Great Escape : In my dreams I want the Steamin Demon to get scrapped and a new Intamin Mega-Lite being built at its place. It would still dominate the entrance as SD did, it would appeal to families, and finally it would put The Great Escape on the map. More realistically, I'm sure they will get a compact coaster like an Eurofighter or an El Loco as it was previously said, as long as they get a coaster. They are in desperate need for a signature steel.

^That would be very cool and I'd love it too, but where would it be ? The only spot I see is if they remove the Bobsleds, but there's a lot of trees and it would be very difficult to install a woodie there unless they cut them all (personally, I would hate to see this happen, I love all the trees at the GE). Also, there's the former nightmare spot in the middle of the Plunge, but it would be very tight.

I would love Alton to finally get the infamously rumoured woodie in the forest valley!

More realistically just a major theming update for Nemesis to freshen it up for it's 20th year and maintenance and theming refreshes around the whole park.

X Sector had a bit of a cleanup last year but from the point of guests standing in queue lines you do notice lots of things that could be patched up to help keep the park looking its best.

Knott's Berry Farm: RMC topper track for Ghostrider and/or a dark ride similar to Wonder Mountain's Guardian at Canada's Wonderland

Six Flags Magic Mountain (idealistic): a couple of large flat rides and an Apocalypse retracking

Six Flags Magic Mountain (realistic): Iron Colossus