TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to see in your home park in 2015?

A new roller coaster, specifically a wooden coaster (preferably a Plohn Toro-style GCI) would put my home park Enchanted Kingdom on the map.

Over the years, the park has received better theming all over the park, and has gotten some good attractions, notably a Zamperla Disk'O, a Larson / ARM drop tower, and a refurb of the Vekoma boomerang (with new trains, paint and magnetic brakes), which makes me believe the park is capable of getting this kind of ride. For the park's 20th anniversary, a very good medium-sized wooden roller coaster would be a perfect addition.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard some big things are coming to Busch in 2015 for their 40th anniversary. I'd love to see a full-fledged rehab of Festa Italia. Get rid of the faded tents and carnival-ish theming and bring it up to par with the rest of the park.

I'd also love to see bigger special events. HOS and Christmas Town are as popular as ever. I hope the park keeps pumping money into those.

Cedar Point - looks like something already cooking based on what people have seen in the video (I have not seen it yet). I have a feeling something may be removed to make way for whatever it is.

Waldameer - the pushed back plans for the wave pool seem pretty much a go for 2015 but that project has been pushed back a couple of times already. If it does get pushed back again I 'd like to see a Zamperla Air Race put in since the park doesn't have anything that inverts (plus the park seems to have a good relationship with Zamperla already).

Kennywood - 2015 will be three years since Black Widow and if Waldameer doesn't get the Zamperla Air Race first, I think Kennywood would be a great park to put one in (maybe in Volcano's spot or the former King Kahuna location).

I've heard some big things are coming to Busch in 2015 for their 40th anniversary. I'd love to see a full-fledged rehab of Festa Italia. Get rid of the faded tents and carnival-ish theming and bring it up to par with the rest of the park.

What if BGW were to turn that into a brand new country, like for instance, Greece? You already have Apollo's Chariot in that area. Roman Rapids would have to be renamed.

Well I consider 5 parks as my home park. Since Houston does not have a real theme park but that could change.

Kemah Boardwalk - I love to see a custom El Loco but I could see them bringing in some unique flat rides.

Galveston Pier - change out a ride or two for something different. Not a whole lot of room to deal with.

SFOT - better park operations and a dark ride with A/C

SFFT - remove the old car ride and build a coaster

SeaWorld San Antonio - just build a new ride period. I swear this park is the step child of SeaWorld parks.

Over Texas already has a dark ride.

KD - what this park needs, IMO (since they have a pretty all-inclusive collection of steel coasters, at least as far as the various types of coasters go), is some really good wood. Yes, RY is a classic racer, and Grizzly is pretty good (at least riding in the front or close to it), but then there's that other woodie....tear that one down and build either an Intamin woodie (admittedly very unlikely since most parks seem to balk at the price) or perhaps an RMC woodie. I have no personal experience with the latter, but based on what I'm hearing, it would be a massive improvement over the Hurler.

SFA - gee, this is simple - any NEW coaster! Not relocated (well, unless it's something really good) junk, but an honest to goodness brand new coaster. As far as the kind, I'd like to see something launched, and I don't think the park needs any more woodies (unless perhaps they go with RMC), so it would need to be a steel coaster. Just a nice, new sit-down launched coaster would fit the bill nicely. But, hey, with this park's track record, as noted, anything NEW would be very welcome! This park could also desperately use a serious large flat like a Huss giant frisbee, or an S&S screaming swing, or perhaps a starflyer, since they now have the height limit waived for something like that.

Hershey - as far as coasters go, it would be hard to top Skyrush (well, other than totally re-doing and improving the restraints, which seems very unlikely), so I can't imagine what this park could use coaster-wise right now, except maybe a non-inverted more family-oriented coaster. Also, since Wildcat has a nice layout, they could also make it rideable with some topper track, which wouldn't be a new coaster but a vast improvement on an existing one.

BGE - hard to say here, since this park has a nice collection of steel coasters. I know they will likely never build a traditional woodie, but I think they could get by with an RMC, since it appears that this would mostly eliminate the noise issue that supposedly keeps them from building a traditional woodie. That would be a way the park could have a woodie without the usual noise of a woodie.

Michigan's Adventure - What would I want to see? I would want to see some large tourist bringer. Something unique to it. This year, we got some flying scooters, but that doesn't exactly scream ultra thrills. We need something big, they have a LOT of real estate for it. For the most part, I would like a drop tower by S&S. Or a major thrill ride. Now, for their waterpark, I would like to see another slide like Anaconda or Mammoth. Oh well, it's one of the least visited Cedar Fair parks, and I want to see that change very soon!

*I don't see them adding a new roller coaster as they have over 7 of them right now, but it'd be nice, even though it would most likely be a small/family coaster rather than the next Intimidator or Gatekeeper.

KD - what this park needs, IMO (since they have a pretty all-inclusive collection of steel coasters, at least as far as the various types of coasters go), is some really good wood. Yes, RY is a classic racer, and Grizzly is pretty good (at least riding in the front or close to it), but then there's that other woodie....tear that one down and build either an Intamin woodie (admittedly very unlikely since most parks seem to balk at the price) or perhaps an RMC woodie. I have no personal experience with the latter, but based on what I'm hearing, it would be a massive improvement over the Hurler.

SFA - gee, this is simple - any NEW coaster! Not relocated (well, unless it's something really good) junk, but an honest to goodness brand new coaster. As far as the kind, I'd like to see something launched, and I don't think the park needs any more woodies (unless perhaps they go with RMC), so it would need to be a steel coaster. Just a nice, new sit-down launched coaster would fit the bill nicely. But, hey, with this park's track record, as noted, anything NEW would be very welcome! This park could also desperately use a serious large flat like a Huss giant frisbee, or an S&S screaming swing, or perhaps a starflyer, since they now have the height limit waived for something like that.

Hershey - as far as coasters go, it would be hard to top Skyrush (well, other than totally re-doing and improving the restraints, which seems very unlikely), so I can't imagine what this park could use coaster-wise right now, except maybe a non-inverted more family-oriented coaster. Also, since Wildcat has a nice layout, they could also make it rideable with some topper track, which wouldn't be a new coaster but a vast improvement on an existing one.

BGE - hard to say here, since this park has a nice collection of steel coasters. I know they will likely never build a traditional woodie, but I think they could get by with an RMC, since it appears that this would mostly eliminate the noise issue that supposedly keeps them from building a traditional woodie. That would be a way the park could have a woodie without the usual noise of a woodie.

KD- I would like to see Grizzly get a RMC makeover, but any coaster would suffice. KD would not dissapoint, but it may be a challenge to top I-305...lol

BGW-I know the rumors are that a coaster is supposed to be installed in the Festa Italia area in 2015, but I am not sure what product they would use if they went back with B&M...a flyer?...hmmm

It would be a cool idea if they could get a RMC product in the park, but I seriously doubt it would be by the old Drachen Fire area due to complaints from Kingsmill residents. It would be cool to see what RMC could come up with in the Festa area. That area is long overdue for a makeover.

Well I consider 5 parks as my home park. Since Houston does not have a real theme park but that could change.

Kemah Boardwalk - I love to see a custom El Loco but I could see them bringing in some unique flat rides.

Galveston Pier - change out a ride or two for something different. Not a whole lot of room to deal with.

SFOT - better park operations and a dark ride with A/C

SFFT - remove the old car ride and build a coaster

SeaWorld San Antonio - just build a new ride period. I swear this park is the step child of SeaWorld parks.

Over Texas already has a dark ride.

Have you never heard of a park with more then one dark ride. The more places with A/C, the better. Besides the Yosemite boat ride has many things broken and last time I rode it, they had the A/C off. If they spent money to restore the ride for 2015, I actually be really happy.

It would be great if Knoebels built their next coaster. I know they just opened FT, but honestly that ride was "mostly finished" for so long, and it's not like it delayed the opening of other big attractions like Black Diamond and Stratosfear. If you pretend FT opened when it was supposed to, then it wouldn't be totally unreasonable to expect the next big coaster that soon. They seriously need to build an old-fashioned wooden wild mouse, like the crazy intense ones they have overseas.

Since I don't have a home park that I can claim here In Phoenix, I'm just going to claim my old home park.

SFFT-I'd like to see a new wooden coaster, maybe in the BoardWalk area of the park or maybe a Vekoma Suspended coaster like Freedom Flyer at Fun Spot in Orlando. A coaster like Dare Devil Dive would be cool as well.

I'd really like to see SFDK tear out the motion theatre and use that hill for a family coaster. Something along the lines of the new FireChaser Express at Dollywood would be over-the-top awesome, but sadly we're talking about SF here, so that is highly unlikely.

I would like to see a big makeover for the biggest park in my country, Entertainment City. It's been the same since the 80's, well it had a Batman clone put in but that's it. I wanna see a Hyper or some more coasters rather than flat rides. I want Oasis Express to have some theming! If you would take a look at the park, it may seem decent but it's not.

While I can't call Parque Warner Madrid my home park (because it's not even in the same country) it's the one closest to me so I would really like to see RMC giving coaster express a hybrid treatment as it is terrible right now. Either that or getting a new coaster given that they haven't had any big one opening since they opened in 2002, an airtime based ride would suit well, I think. However, I don't really know how they're doing financially right now but I'm guessing not great as I've never seen the park even moderately crowded.

I really have 3 home parks, all are about the same distance from my house (and visit them very frequently) so I'll include them all.

Dorney: A decent flat ride. I'm trying to keep this realistic and I don't expect a non-relocated coaster in the near future for Dorney. The waterpark is the big draw here, not the coasters which is probably why we haven't gotten an original coaster in almost a decade (Hydra). I expect this trend to continue and completely understand it, but I'd love to see something like a Flying Scooter ride or a Disk-O.

Six Flags New England: With the addition of Goliath last year and Skyscreamer this year I don't expect anything big but I'd love to see this park add some flats after they've taken so many of them out. Buzzsaw and Tomohawk are really their only flats with any kind of mass appeal. They've removed an unbelievable amount of flats over the last 5-10 years and replaced them all with nothing... I wish they'd fill some of these spots in. Unfortunately I'm not sure what they'd add since most of the things I can suggest have already been removed. I guess I'd love to see an S&S Screaming Swing but Six Flags never got on that bandwagon for whatever reason.

Great Adventure: Great Adventure has added a lot of E-Ticket rides in the last few years but they really never stop adding them so I don't think it's unrealistic to hope for another one. In the last few years they've added a B&M Standup coaster, SkyScreamer, Bumper Cars, a Scrambler, a Kids ride and Safari Off Road Adventure which seems to be a huge hit. This year they're adding the world's tallest drop tower. Six Flags pours money into this park so it's hard to predict what they're going to do. They could do anything from adding a new coaster with a huge price tag to absolutely nothing and I wouldn't be surprised.

That being said I'm hoping for a Wingrider in MovieTown. I know there has been a lot of talk about RMC but that doesn't make any sense to me when they already have El Toro. I know you can never have enough wood coasters and I'd definitely love to have an RMC coaster but I just don't see it.

They have pretty much every kind of B&M coaster now except a Wingrider, and the Wingrider they purchased for Great America seems to be successful (though only they have access to all of the numbers to decide this). It would be unique to the market and the design has proven to be reliable and successful at every park that's installed one. This coaster would breathe life into Movietown and would fill a big gap in that section of the park. I don't expect them to re-open Old Country but if they put the entrance over by the observatory they wouldn't have to. Plus... they saved that thing for a reason. Can you imagine a keyhole element right through it?

I know a lot of people don't like Wingrider coasters but to me it seems like the most logical choice for Great Adventure. They have pretty much everything else and Wingrider coasters are people-eaters that can handle the huge crowds at Great Adventure. It's a perfect fit.

at Cedar Point:

1.) Wrecking Ball to Mean Streak and large GCI Twister put in its place.

2.) HalloWeekends scare-zone overhaul... All the zones (especially Carnevil) are getting old/stale. Need to keep things fresh. Houses have been updated but the zones get minimal changes. The zones make the event while houses "accent" it, IMO. Also, adding a haunted train on Friday and Saturday nights would be great. They could do round-trip's starting by MF, not requiring the other station to be open.

3.) FREE "metal, computer controlled cubbies" for the duration of time you are in line... Just like the systems used at Universal / Islands of Adventure. Perfect!

4.) Addition of a classic "whip" attraction. Would be great for families!

That is about all I can think of! I think cost wise it would be OK as well...

Mega-Lite for Darien Lake although I don't really classify DL as my "home park". If they got an awesome Mega-Lite, I would probably buy a season pass and visit regularly.

Waldameer would probably classify as my home park, but other than the water park expansion, I can't really think of anything that would fit into the already tight confines within the park without removing something else. Perhaps they could tear down the Rainbow Gardens pavilion (which is a current eyesore) and put in an El Loco or a decent flat?

I'd like a few things for SFGAm.

My biggest wish for the park would be an interactive dark ride for the Southwest Territory. No superheros, please! Just sometuing that would fit in with the Southwest theme. Yosemite Sam or Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote, perhaps? An interactive dark ride is a huge hole in the lineup, and with X Flight and Goliath being added the last 2 seasons, while at the same time removing Cajun, the park is due for a family oriented attraction.

2nd would be some track work on American Eagle. I can't think of a coaster that runs more inconsistant. When it's running good it's awesome. Last season not so much. Trims all over the place, and the final helix into the station was horrible. It's not a bad coaster when it's running well, but I though it was horrible in 2013.

Finally, V2 is in DIRE need of a paint job. The track is somewhat faded, and the supports just look terrible. They shold reactivate the holding brake while they're at it!

I'd like to see for Knoebel's next big project as not something new exactly but a renovation of their Haunted Mansion. It's a symbol of the park returning after the 1972 flood that nearly destroyed the park and I think that it needs to continue to be a great symbol by updating the scares in it after more than 40 years of operation.

Also, I'd like to see another coaster located near where the sky ride is as that area needs some TLC having only a few games, an ice cream stand, and a underused bumper boats ride. Having a coaster located right along the road into the entrance to the park would be a cool addition. As to what type, perhaps creating a Virginia Reel or a Switchback Railway or even a Scenic Railway to add to the nostalgia element after building the Flying Turns.