TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Monday Fun Emails

TPR's Monday Fun Emails - Do you read them?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. TPR's Monday Fun Emails - Do you read them?

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the updates to be most useful when I don't have a lot of time to visit the TPR site.

Recently I've been able to check in on TPR more often, making the emails a bit redundant. But at other times of the year when I'm busier, they're a great way of keeping in the loop. (And they arrive Tuesday down here, which makes them not-so-much a 'Monday thing'! )

I noticed that the five people so far who voted no haven't written anything. It's really hard to take constructive criticism seriously when there isn't any.

Now up to 6 people who voted "no" but didn't bother to write anything as to why. Again, guys, without any feedback, it makes it impossible for me to make any changes to the weekly emails so they might be more suitable for you.

I noticed that the five people so far who voted no haven't written anything. It's really hard to take constructive criticism seriously when there isn't any.

And now 7 people who have voted no and haven't bothered to say why.

Seriously, people!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! It's really annoying and frustrating for us that we want to get feedback from our members, and if you're going to be in a small minority group to vote "no" - PLEASE TELL US WHY!!!

We post these polls to get feedback from our members so we can make what we do better for all of us. It doesn't help us at all to NOT give us feedback! All we ask is a short explanation of why you voted one way or the other.

This shouldn't be too much to ask.

Edited by robbalvey

Hey Robb,

I am in the voted 'no' category, so I just thought I'd comment on why I don't read the emails. Thought you would appreciate it!

I love getting the emails! I think they are a great way to communicate quickly and effectively the major news, events, trip signups, whatever they might be. It reminds me to go over to TPR every day and check out what is going on.

For me, since I check my email regularly for school projects, school activities, and more of business stuff, I don't like to associate my fun with email. So instead of reading the TPR news in my email, I'd much prefer to go exploring on the website and see what I can find.

It's not that I don't like the emails, I just prefer to go searching for news on the website. By emailing everyone, to me it shows you care about your forum members, and I appreciate that as do many other people as well. The emails are organized, clearly explained, and usually look fun. I say look fun because I skim, I don't read.

Hope that helps! Also, first time post right here. Maybe I'll get in on the action now that I've officially posted.

Have a great day, folks!

Hey Robb,

I am in the voted 'no' category, so I just thought I'd comment on why I don't read the emails. Thought you would appreciate it!

I love getting the emails! I think they are a great way to communicate quickly and effectively the major news, events, trip signups, whatever they might be. It reminds me to go over to TPR every day and check out what is going on.

For me, since I check my email regularly for school projects, school activities, and more of business stuff, I don't like to associate my fun with email. So instead of reading the TPR news in my email, I'd much prefer to go exploring on the website and see what I can find.

It's not that I don't like the emails, I just prefer to go searching for news on the website. By emailing everyone, to me it shows you care about your forum members, and I appreciate that as do many other people as well. The emails are organized, clearly explained, and usually look fun. I say look fun because I skim, I don't read.

Hope that helps! Also, first time post right here. Maybe I'll get in on the action now that I've officially posted.

Have a great day, folks!

Great feedback! Thank you!

I get enough crappy email (Bill/Student Loan Auto-Withdrawal e-mails, etc). It's great to see emails for fun things, even if I already know what's been happening. The format is nice and minimal which makes it easy to easily see what's happening from my phone which is where I usually check my email. I really wouldn't change a thing. It's really good just to keep TPR on the radar with these.

The format is nice and minimal which makes it easy to easily see what's happening from my phone which is where I usually check my email. I really wouldn't change a thing.

This is an interesting comment. Someone asked me why we don't go for a more "HTML5" type of fancy email with pictures and stuff like that, and I basically said "I like just getting a list of headlines and links. It's easy to read and you don't have to go searching for the information on a cluttered page." Nice to hear that this philosophy resonates with other people as well.

I voted no, since I check-in at the forum regularly to read all the new posts. When I get the mail, I've already read all the hottest news and topics. I don't mean it's a bad thing to keep sending these mails,that way I'm getting a nice re-cap of everything that's been talked over during the week.

I voted YES but I don't always read them on Monday. I get a notification on my phone every time TPR posts so I can't missed them. I do get so busy at times, and yes, even being retired that can happen, that I don't get the chance to check the Monday Fun Emails On Monday. When I read through them I DO enjoy ALL of the articles, posts, videos and whatever is there. I say keep them coming Robb.

I voted no.

I use multiple emails, and my TPR account is not registered under the email that I check daily. I usually don't see the emails for a couple days after they are sent, and by then the information is somewhat outdated (Pages of discussion already, etc.). I also check the forum daily, so I usually have seen everything that is included in the email before it is sent.

However, I really like the look of the emails and the content is fantastic. If I didn't have time to check the forums in a week the emails would be great.