TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme parks and coasters in the snow

The lakeshore took a beating in Erie yesterday, and continues today. Visibility was near zero driving back from some sales calls, so I figured why not slide down the Peninsula Drive hill, use my climbing abilities to get to a gate on a raised concrete platform (note: I have keys and permission to enter these areas), and get a photo or two for the park socials.

20170106_141945.thumb.jpg.e8b77feedcb5b193be7d4c26d47b60aa.jpg

I also love the colors of Whacky Shack against all the white snow.

20170106_163303.thumb.jpg.d8c0a08236065232518081f2de5d8621.jpg

^^ Hah! The Wacky Shack photo makes it look like (to me) it's that

all-gingerbread and cookies/candy Wicked Witch's house, in Hansel and Gretel!

^ And that first shot is really nice. Even without the snow on the track, heh.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah those things can run in anything. The only time we ever rode one was at Camelback in PA on a -2 degree (F) day. The upper mountain was on a wind hold but they could still run the mountain coaster. Since it was so cold, nobody was in front of us so we never had to touch the brakes. It was awesome.

11001799_10205330852985192_4952956320994721910_n.jpg.1b7ff36997cff1f3d058409164818b7d.jpg

Brit on the ride, since I went first we only got a picture of her riding it. lol

:lol: Yeah those things can run in anything. The only time we ever rode one was at Camelback in PA on a -2 degree (F) day. The upper mountain was on a wind hold but they could still run the mountain coaster. Since it was so cold, nobody was in front of us so we never had to touch the brakes. It was awesome.

That's pretty cold! In Pigeon Forge this past summer, I'd ask the attendants if I could wait an extra 10 seconds to get some space in between me and the person in front - If I'm paying $10 for one ride, I want it to be a decently fast ride!

I believe that's an ADG model too! There's only a handful of those around. I still think it's funny that a company called "Aquatic Development Group" makes mountain coasters -- I work with them on some of our North American FlowRiders.

I found this shot of TDS w/snow a few years back on the net. And I really wished

that belch of fire was a bit bigger, too. But hey, It's still a great shot.

Snow06-600x398.jpg.0f890e3b07d2cca9fcdb0a148a4e16db.jpg

Thank you to whoever took this shot.