TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your guilty pleasure ride

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDK at SFGAm. Though I liked RC more, TDK is still a pretty fun and underrated ride. I'm not a huge fan of the theme or scenery (I think it'd actually be better unboxed) but I do like the layout. I've been riding it a lot more lately then past seasons. The only thing that sucks is that it almost always has a ridiculously long line

Shockwave at Kings Dominion, Green Lantern at SFGADv... basically any standup. I feel the pain but the airtime on standups is too f*cking weird for me to care. I'll take the pain for the sake of the unique (almost frightening) airtime experience.

Any Parachute ride.

Magnum is definitely a masterpiece! It was the first hypercoaster ever and is probably my #1 hyper. I wish they had built more. If every Morgan hyper could be an Arrow instead, I would be ecstatic.

Oh yes. Mamba at Worlds of Fun was the coaster that made me an enthusiast, and it's really great, but once I got to experience Magnum, my opinion of Mamba changed radically. Everything I loved about Mamba was just destroyed by Magnum. It's just the best hypercoaster, and it's my #2 steel coaster behind Millennium Force. I actually like Magnum better than Maverick, and that's not a popular opinion among enthusiasts.

Last time I was at Cedar Point we opted to marathon Magnum and not bother with Maverick anymore. Maverick is an amazing coaster but I'm more impressed by Magnum. Those return airtime hills are better than pretty much anything on any other coaster.

Shockwave at Kings Dominion, Green Lantern at SFGADv... basically any standup. I feel the pain but the airtime on standups is too f*cking weird for me to care. I'll take the pain for the sake of the unique (almost frightening) airtime experience.

Any Parachute ride.

Not being argumentative here, but I don't understand how one can appreciate "frightening" airtime on a standup when you're boxed in by those bulky OTSRs and awkward bicycle seat. I've only ever found one moment of airtime on Green Lantern (never rode Shockwave, thankfully) and that's coming off the midcourse and only in the back of the train. You want terrifyingly horrific airtime? Skyrush says hi.

And to answer the thread I'm pretty sure I did already but I'm still going with Skull Mountain. It really shouldn't be as great as it is but I just can't not have a ton of fun on that dumb thing. A constant reminder to me that this hobby is about fun and big/tall/fast does not always have to be there for fun to happen. Apparently a simple ejector pop, half assed props, strobe lights and blaring death metal is all I need for a great time.

Magnum is definitely a masterpiece! It was the first hypercoaster ever and is probably my #1 hyper. I wish they had built more. If every Morgan hyper could be an Arrow instead, I would be ecstatic.

Oh yes. Mamba at Worlds of Fun was the coaster that made me an enthusiast, and it's really great, but once I got to experience Magnum, my opinion of Mamba changed radically. Everything I loved about Mamba was just destroyed by Magnum. It's just the best hypercoaster, and it's my #2 steel coaster behind Millennium Force. I actually like Magnum better than Maverick, and that's not a popular opinion among enthusiasts.

Last time I was at Cedar Point we opted to marathon Magnum and not bother with Maverick anymore. Maverick is an amazing coaster but I'm more impressed by Magnum. Those return airtime hills are better than pretty much anything on any other coaster.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. I'm still riding Maverick as much as possible. Last ride of the night, though, and Millennium Force is closed for some reason, I'd choose Magnum over Maverick.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. I'm still riding Maverick as much as possible. Last ride of the night, though, and Millennium Force is closed for some reason, I'd choose Magnum over Maverick.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Maverick and it was a contender for my #1 spot, but after riding it a few times and riding Magnum a few times, we realized we had more fun on Magnum (especially at night). Both are insanely amazing coasters though.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Maverick and it was a contender for my #1 spot, but after riding it a few times and riding Magnum a few times, we realized we had more fun on Magnum (especially at night). Both are insanely amazing coasters though.

Boomerangs...

sorry

Some of them are quite good honestly. Some blow (La Ronde) but a smooth boomerang like the one at Morey's or Carowinds can be an absolute blast.

I love most if not all of them. They are a little rough, but the first drop always gets me and the forces you experience on that ride are actually pretty intense.

I really, really enjoy the three John Allen/PTC kiddie coasters that Cedar Fair has operated at under approximately 13,000 different names since the 70's. And since my reasons for sitting in the back include not only maximizing airtime, but minimizing awkwardness, they are definitely guilty pleasures.

Fun Fact: King's Dominion's version (my fourth favorite coaster there) pre-dates the park. It opened as part of a drive-through safari attraction the year before KD was built.

I havent been to Kings Island since 2004 but i do remember that had one of the junior woodies a well. My friends who were with me weren't as big coaster riders as me and had a limit. From that trip i learned i should only meet up with people who actually enjoy coasters as much as me....However when they dragged on me on the junior woodie there i was thinking what a fricking waste! The coaster climbs up the teeny lift hill then drops....to my surprise it was actually thrilling!! It caught me off guard! Didnt know such a small coaster can pack a punch!

The Woodstock Express clones are really nice! The airtime in the back on the first drop, and especially the second drop is actually really awesome. The rest of the ride is basically pointless, but not bad. I stayed for a second lap on the Carowinds one without getting up, and yes, it was mostly little kids in the train. I'm willing to throw away dignity if you give me airtime!