TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your guilty pleasure ride

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a number of rides that would probably fit this bill, but the one that immediately comes to mind is Adventure Express at Kings Island. I enjoy that coaster WAY more than I probably should (especially at night!)

meh...i never got to appeal of that ride when i went on it,it was so disappointing. Yet it seems a lot of people like that ride. Some enough they got bent out of shape about it. I left a comment on youtube about how that ride is boring and someone was like you arnt a true coaster fan if you say that!!! It was funny honestly. Also im surprised someone with a pic of a giga coaster would like it so much:P lol Just like i dont get the appeal of Wizzer at Great America either....

Yet it seems a lot of people like that ride. Some enough they got bent out of shape about it. I left a comment on youtube about how that ride is boring and someone was like you arnt a true coaster fan if you say that!!!

A negative post? In the comments section of Youtube?

At my old home park, SFDK.... Kong. No one likes it, but I always gave it a courtesy ride as long as the line wasn't too long.

New home park, KI. The coasters are all so good, I like them all (besides Vortex). I don't know I can say I have a guilty pleasure ride, except maybe the flyers in Planet Snoopy. I love flyers, but I did feel a little guilty riding them as a lone adult with a bunch of kids around.

^Since you name dropped Vortex, I'll take this chance to say Vortex is my guilty pleasure ride.

So many people hate Vortex, but I absolutely LOVE it and it may be my favorite coaster in the park. It's certainly in the top tier of KI rides for me.

Anaconda at Kings Dominion is hated by tons of people on the internet, but I thought it was great! The drop is really fun, and the inversions are all very impressive. And it's obviously pretty jerky and has some rattling, but there's only one awkward transition where it actually hurts. Arrow coasters in general are incredibly unappreciated, especially by other young enthusiasts. Loch Ness Monster is super underrated and is really great, and Magnum XL 200 is a masterpiece. Carolina Cyclone is also a nice little ride and their mine trains are enjoyable, especially Runaway Mine Train at Great Adventure.

Speaking of Runaway Mine Train, that's also a guilty pleasure that I often ride. There are usually mostly little kids riding it, but I like it for the scenic ride and the ejector hill! SFGAd has an obsession with small family coasters that have one insane airtime moment.

There are a number of rides that would probably fit this bill, but the one that immediately comes to mind is Adventure Express at Kings Island. I enjoy that coaster WAY more than I probably should (especially at night!)

meh...i never got to appeal of that ride when i went on it,it was so disappointing. Yet it seems a lot of people like that ride. Some enough they got bent out of shape about it. I left a comment on youtube about how that ride is boring and someone was like you arnt a true coaster fan if you say that!!! It was funny honestly. Also im surprised someone with a pic of a giga coaster would like it so much:P lol Just like i dont get the appeal of Wizzer at Great America either....

So, what is your guilty pleasure ride, so I can say "meh" to it, too?

I called it a guilty pleasure ride, not a Top 50 coaster! Plus, my positive feelings about it are almost entirely based on night rides. It isn't anywhere near as good in the daytime. Plus, that ending... Still arguably the best troll-job on a roller coaster anywhere!

Windseekers

I called it a guilty pleasure ride, not a Top 50 coaster!

This. And I agree, Adventure Express rules.

^Since you name dropped Vortex, I'll take this chance to say Vortex is my guilty pleasure ride.

So many people hate Vortex, but I absolutely LOVE it and it may be my favorite coaster in the park. It's certainly in the top tier of KI rides for me.

Anaconda at Kings Dominion is hated by tons of people on the internet, but I thought it was great! The drop is really fun, and the inversions are all very impressive. And it's obviously pretty jerky and has some rattling, but there's only one awkward transition where it actually hurts. Arrow coasters in general are incredibly unappreciated, especially by other young enthusiasts. Loch Ness Monster is super underrated and is really great, and Magnum XL 200 is a masterpiece. Carolina Cyclone is also a nice little ride and their mine trains are enjoyable, especially Runaway Mine Train at Great Adventure.

Speaking of Runaway Mine Train, that's also a guilty pleasure that I often ride. There are usually mostly little kids riding it, but I like it for the scenic ride and the ejector hill! SFGAd has an obsession with small family coasters that have one insane airtime moment.

I happen to be a fan of all those coasters you mentioned, although I think Vortex is better than Anaconda. Anaconda is still a great Arrow though.

Magnum is definitely a masterpiece! It was the first hypercoaster ever and is probably my #1 hyper. I wish they had built more. If every Morgan hyper could be an Arrow instead, I would be ecstatic.

I called it a guilty pleasure ride, not a Top 50 coaster! Plus, my positive feelings about it are almost entirely based on night rides. It isn't anywhere near as good in the daytime. Plus, that ending... Still arguably the best troll-job on a roller coaster anywhere!

Especially when you tell people to brace for the launch, and they actually believe you

Magnum is definitely a masterpiece! It was the first hypercoaster ever and is probably my #1 hyper. I wish they had built more. If every Morgan hyper could be an Arrow instead, I would be ecstatic.

Oh yes. Mamba at Worlds of Fun was the coaster that made me an enthusiast, and it's really great, but once I got to experience Magnum, my opinion of Mamba changed radically. Everything I loved about Mamba was just destroyed by Magnum. It's just the best hypercoaster, and it's my #2 steel coaster behind Millennium Force. I actually like Magnum better than Maverick, and that's not a popular opinion among enthusiasts.

• 1 month later...