• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zamperla Kanga Bounce

I am not ashamed

edit:

Kangaroo at Kennywood

I can see why that's the last of its kind... it looks like a Kanga Bounce that hurts like hell!

It's been years since I've been to the park so I can't say what condition it's in but it never hurt in the past.

For me it's transportation tides - trains, skyrides/gondolas, monorails, Peoplemovers, etc.

I'm going to agree with this. Not only are they convenient for getting to one side of the park to the other (in most cases), they are great for relaxing and taking pictures.

For me, it's any cheesy dark ride I come across at some small park. Even if I pretty much know it's going to stink, I still have to give that ride a try. A perfect example is the Ghost Train that used to be at Coney Beach.

Zamperla Kanga Bounce

I am not ashamed

edit:

Kangaroo at Kennywood

I can see why that's the last of its kind... it looks like a Kanga Bounce that hurts like hell!

It's been years since I've been to the park so I can't say what condition it's in but it never hurt in the past.

I rode this summer and it didn't hurt

Backlot Stunt Coasters

Yes! I actually love these little coasters. I've always wondered if it would be possible to change the 'Mini Coopers' to spinning cars. Can you imagine that triple helix while the cars are also spinning?

Besides BLSC I also love wild mouse coasters and mine trains for some reason.

EDIT:

I also used to be obsessed with Son of Beast lol. That was for sure a guilty pleasure.

Backlot Stunt Coasters

Yes! I actually love these little coasters. I've always wondered if it would be possible to change the 'Mini Coopers' to spinning cars. Can you imagine that triple helix while the cars are also spinning?

Besides BLSC I also love wild mouse coasters and mine trains for some reason.

EDIT:

I also used to be obsessed with Son of Beast lol. That was for sure a guilty pleasure.

I like the ride its self but the trains need more cushion because when I ride I always slam my elbows into the car

Flyers, especially Bisch-Rocco flyers. If I go to a park with Bisch-Rocco flyers I'll ride them more than anything else. (Exception being the flyers at Carowinds, because we were too busy riding Fury 325 and the flyers are on the other end of the park.)

Love the old school Rotors where the floor drops more than and inch, like the one that used to be at Lake Compounce. It used to help me figure out if I needed to lose some pounds each year based on whether I stuck to the wall or slipped to the ground lol

I used to like Rotors, too, but I haven't ridden one in years.

• 3 weeks later...

My guilty pleasure rides are mostly transportation type rides like skyrides and trains.But I especially love antique carousels with working band organs.

And my favorite defunct guilty pleasure ride is WDW's If You Had Wings.I know some people consider it a "nothing" ride,but it was almost always a walk-on and it was a 5-minute ride in air-conditioned darkness(if you've ever been to Orlando in August you know what I'm talking about ).

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I would have to say my guilt pleasure ride is one of those old school rock-o-plane rides. my aunt owns a camp lot at a campground in Indiana. Its a Jellystone Park in Plymouth Indiana. Every memorial day weekend this mini redneck carnival is set up in the campground and that often have this very old rock-o-plane. its a lot of fun! depending on how you spin it,it can sometimes more intense then many modern flat rides! however the last time i went on it,it made me very very sick blah! Also those mini Moses drops that are a step above frog hoppers are pretty fun and can pack a little punch as well. of course i think the full sized drop towers are more thrilling but the little tiny ones can still be fun too. Oh and i also enjoy Boomerang coasters and the NYNY coaster at Las Vegas.

Road Runner Express, Judge Roy Scream, Runaway Mountain (that is, until my preferred park buddies went on it with me three times in a row on a completely dead afternoon, and then it became a universal hit instead of a guilty pleasure)

The one flat ride I always (usually) take one spin on, is the Gladiator ride at Playland (PNE).

At one point, it reaches it's final height, and then 'floats' for just a second or two. A perfect moment

on the ride.

I just wish the whole thing was not so confusingly themed. I mean, Roman Gladiator on top, and

the ride vehicles are swamp boats? Shouldn't there be alligators, and such? And some kind of

Louisiana kind of theme?

Life. But I still ride it every time I hit the park.

IMG_0579.JPG.3239b3ecc5979ece638ccececd896c95.JPG