TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your guilty pleasure ride

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread.

Journey into Imagination with Figment is my big guilty pleasure. I used to love the Old Mill at Kennywood until the Garfield re-theming made it intolerable. Nevertheless, I will ride just about any crappy dark ride I can find.

I love Journey into Imagination! I just happened to wander inside for the last ride, and I noticed the picture of Eric Idle and immediately fell in love!

I used to love riding the old Nightmare at Crackaxle Canyon roller coaster at Great Escape. I know I was just an off the shelf model, but being in pitch black just made it all come together. Kind of like a poor mans Space Mountain. I also love any top spin, just the flipping around is enjoyable to me, especially the hang time.

^I feel the same way about Skull Mountain at Six Flags Great Adventure.

^^I liked the old "Silver Mine" ride at Phantasialand, as it was sort of like Pirates of the Caribbean, only with cowboys, miners, and banditos.

"After 30,000 years of time travel, here we are, a truly global community, poised to shape the future of this, our Spaceship Earth."

Spaceship Earth at EPCOT. Whenever I see it peeking from the parking lot, I get really excited. When I'm on it, I'm blown away by the fact that we're in this gigantic sphere instead of a traditional show-building, tucked away in some corner of the park. Sure, there are moments of cheesy goodness...but I actually find the ride inspirational..which I didn't expect from a theme park attraction! LOVE Spaceship Earth!!

These days I don't think I have any guilty pleasure rides but many years ago I did.

Probably the only person in the world who actually liked Son Of Beast (loop version) and honestly have missed it ever since the loop was removed. It was my guilty pleasure ride, the ride I would sneak off and ride a few times when I visited Kings Island since I already knew nobody I was there with would ride it with me. After the loop was removed and the coaster trains changed I still road it every once in a while but I pretty much gave up on sneaking off to ride it. But thanks to Robb I still get to ride it on YouTube. Thank you Robb.

I love the Poseidon's Fury walk-through ride at IOA. While it does not get as much credit as it used to due to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and other major attractions at the park, it is a must ride for me. I love the effects of the water tunnel and how you're temporarily blinded. The moment when the set becomes much bigger and the battle finale takes place is just awesome. Also, I love the theming of the show building, how its built like a ruined temple.

I often feel like the only person who liked Flashback (SFMM; Z Force at SFGA I think? But I never rode it there). I know most said they got their heads banged around like crazy, but for some reason, I never really did. I still kinda miss that ride.

All right, folks, are you ready for a confession?

Okay, there are certain parks that have these low altitude spinning boat rides that I love to ride so much. I'm talking about the Flying Pirate Ships at Six Flags America, The Santa Maria at Six Flags over Georgia, and The Flying Dutchman at Kentucky Kingdom. Do you want another guilty pleasure ride I like to do? I will also try to ride the Carousel, but sit on the bench seats. Hey, sometimes we riders and amusement park flyers like to ride low impact rides in between those thrill rides to help us cool down and recover for the next thrill ride.

So what I'm getting from this thread is that I should feel guilty because I love Schwarzkopf coasters, log flumes, haunted houses, Spaceship Earth, the TTA...

Jeez. I grew up Catholic and never felt so much needless guilt being thrust upon me!