TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your guilty pleasure ride

I've been known to marathon Skull Mountain in the back row. Especially if it's at night and there's as little light in the building as possible. It's actually one of the few rides I enjoy marathoning.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me this could be any number of smaller flats. I probably enjoy the classic Pirate ships more than most, sitting in the very end rows, of course. Other rides I would include in this category are the HUSS Enterprise, the Monster, etc.

• 6 months later...

I certainly wouldn't say I sneak away to it, but Skull Mountain is no doubt my guilty pleasure @ my home park. Its hard for me to pass it without dragging someone on with me. I know its a tiny little thing but the darkness, music, half-assed/ghetto effects all make it a must ride. Also the airtime on the first drop in the backseat is almost as crazy as Toro's. I'd go as far as to say its my favorite in the park after my big 5 (Toro, Nitro, Batman, Bizarro and S:UF).

Edited by boldikus

I've been known to marathon Skull Mountain in the back row. Especially if it's at night and there's as little light in the building as possible. It's actually one of the few rides I enjoy marathoning.

As many times as I've ridden Skull Mountain this fall was the last time I ever really appreciated how much fun it is in the back row. It has some pretty good airtime on the first drop and while the ride is a little short (in terms of duration) it's a lot of fun.

Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. It may be incredibly inferior to its California cousin Indy (best dark ride in the world in my opinion), but Dinosaur is so addicting to me. The plot is super cheesy and outlandish that it's hilarious, but the ride itself is still pretty thrilling with all the gigantic dinosaurs roaring in your face. I also find the ride system itself to be crazy fun. I can't really explain it. There's just something about being thrown all around in that time rover that makes me giggle like a little girl. It's definitely the most underrated ride at the entire resort.

It's a Small World. I know it gets a lot of hate, but I really enjoy the song!

Haha, me too! I haven't been on one for quite a while now but I do remember the song and singing it all the time when I was a kid.

It's a Small World. I know it gets a lot of hate, but I really enjoy the song!

Haha, me too! I haven't been on one for quite a while now but I do remember the song and singing it all the time when I was a kid.

I did like the holiday version of It's a Small World.

Someone mentioned Whizzer toward the beginning of the thread ..... it's actually in my top-10. I don't really view it or Skull Mountain as guilty pleasures. Typically no one protests riding those next in my group, unlike the following:

Wild Mice, vintage Whips (Dorney, Knoebels, Rye...), SF's various Pandemonia, and Tumblebugs (Conneaut, Kennywood...) are the real candidates in this category for me. I could ride a Pandemonium all day, and get WAY too excited for them.

One of mine would have to be Fire In The Hole at Silver Dollar City. I don't know why I love this ride so much. It is just so much fun, and it is usually nice and cool on the inside of the building, and the splash down ending is a great way to end a ride on a nice hot day! I love the cheesy theming, and everything about the ride. It also helps that there is usually only a 5-10 minute wait for it. I know we always make it a point to ride it at least once each time we are at the park.

I must admit. One of the plain old flat rides at Playland (PNE), I just love to head to, usually a few times in my visit, and ride it. There's a spot when you reach the 'top' of the swing up, and when you close your eyes it's like you're hovering almost with "air time" LOL. A very Zen Spot for myself, I must say. Always worth a re-ride and easily a walk-on, no matter what day of the season it is - PNE is a bit more crowded, but still....

gladiator.jpg.27bfc6d1bbc6c0e82aea08cad47f21dc.jpg

I can't remember what it's generic name is,

but I always enjoy Gladiator, and got to ride a much

faster, more intense one in Sweden last summer!

1167544676_ResizeofIMG_5457.JPG.0de5dd21f7a86b338c45b534f9370853.JPG

This one was at Skara Sommerland, and it - was - crazy - amazing! (TPR 2014 Scandi Tour)

Edited by Nrthwnd

If the second tallest coaster in the world is your "guilty pleasure ride" then my "guilty pleasure rides" are El Toro, Millennium Force, Maverick, Phoenix and Intimidator 305.

I see what you're saying. My point is that I enjoy those coasters (Dragster and Kingda Ka) more so than most enthusiasts. Kingda Ka is my third favorite ride at Great Adventure (behind El Toro and Nitro).

^I know, I also get that feeling. As el toro was closed when I went to GAdv kinda ka is actually my favourite ride at the park and my no 6 overall. It surely is very short (hence why it isn't higher on my list) but you just can't beat those 20 seconds if you're sitting in the front (same applies to dragster)