TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your guilty pleasure ride

I really love frisbee-rides, log flumes and Vekoma Boomerangs.

But my favorite ride has to be Space Mountain: Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris. The mountain itself is just superb to look at and the whole theme is just plain fun. Love it (ride it at least 4 - 5 times each visit, just for the fun of it). And no, weird enough and don't get the Vekoma bumpiness on this ride

I quite like space mountain mission two too. I know it usually has crappy reviews but I do enjoy it. The theming really is great and I like how everything builds up your anticipation, I also never got terrible headbanging. By the way, wasn't it going to get new trains?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm the only person who would willingly go on an Arrow corkscrew or Green Lantern at Great Adventure.

I did enjoy green lantern. I know many consider the stand up coaster just a silly gimmick but I do like the concept and how the experience feels. My only problem with GL was a little headbanging but not too bad. I've said it plenty of times but I would like to see B&M building a new one now that they make less intense coasters (which would actually benefit this particular type) and also with the vest "non-headbanging" restraints.

Space Mountain Mission 2 is still in my top 5 favourite rides. I adore it. It's rough, but I love the theming to it and when braced well enough it is a genuinely exciting and thrilling coaster. I just can't get enough of it...though saying that I don't feel 'guilty' about that.

I DO however love crappy ghost train/haunted rides. I'll re-ride them again and again even if kind of lame.

I think I'm the only person who would willingly go on an Arrow corkscrew or Green Lantern at Great Adventure.

I did enjoy green lantern. I know many consider the stand up coaster just a silly gimmick but I do like the concept and how the experience feels. My only problem with GL was a little headbanging but not too bad. I've said it plenty of times but I would like to see B&M building a new one now that they make less intense coasters (which would actually benefit this particular type) and also with the vest "non-headbanging" restraints.

"A little headbanging", haha. When I got off GL I had taken such a beating to the head I thought it was the inversions that had made me dizzy. Still, it's not as bad as a Intamin stand up coaster.

As for my guilty pleasure I'd say a Zierer Tivoli. If it is a ladybug-theme. It was my first roller coaster as a child and it makes me feel like a kid again.

Add me to the list of Condor fans!!! Fantastic ride!

More recently, I love Star Flyer/Sky Screamer/Windseeker rides! Spinning that high in the air is... Ummm... Exhilarating!!! I think!!!...

A "good" Carousel! Funky carousel! (ie:Caro-Suess-el at IOA... Or Sea Carousel at SeaWorld... Mulitlevel carousel at SFGAm... etc...)

I really love frisbee-rides, log flumes and Vekoma Boomerangs.

But my favorite ride has to be Space Mountain: Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris. The mountain itself is just superb to look at and the whole theme is just plain fun. Love it (ride it at least 4 - 5 times each visit, just for the fun of it). And no, weird enough and don't get the Vekoma bumpiness on this ride

I quite like space mountain mission two too. I know it usually has crappy reviews but I do enjoy it. The theming really is great and I like how everything builds up your anticipation, I also never got terrible headbanging. By the way, wasn't it going to get new trains?

I got to ride it years back when it was still De la Terre a la Lune. I do have to say I really enjoyed it as well, though current reviews make it seem like the ride is a shadow of what it used to be.

When I take my early Wednesday nights off work or when I just need a moment to get away from the stresses of work, I sneak a ride on XScream at Waldameer Park. Hands up on the drop of course. Sometimes doing this on the clock means answering radio calls as the tower ascends.

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill! I don't ride it every visit I go to Kings Dominion, but I do ride it often! Oftentimes I won't even be with anyone, I'll just ride it alone.

Also, if the singing mushrooms count, then they're a bigger guilty pleasure then the boo blasters!

At any park, in any part of the world I visit, with TPR

my absolute "must ride" (from time to time) is the old reliable

Merry-Go-Round - Carousel

They are usually nice and breezy and, I always enjoy riding in one of the

usual "chariots" or non-horses they provide, along with all the steeds.

It's a great way to slow down, even as I turn around.

974903225_ResizeofIMG_2858.JPG.6b8d0e5d180ace99209431dbbce8f7b2.JPG

I also love this DOUBLE carousel, in the Arabian Coast part of Tokyo Disney Sea.

All in mosaic and tile. A really exquisite ride.

For me, my "sneak-off-to-ride" ride, is Excalibur at VF, too. For one, it's the strangest "Mine-coaster" I've ever encountered, not to mention, it's also a very uncommon track-type (Steel-track with wooden-structure) to begin with, and if I'm not mistaken, only the 2nd coaster of that construction ever built. Lastly, it's rare to have to wait more than 5-15 minutes to get the front and back seats, even on busy days at the park. I usually devote a chunk of my trip to VF to this thing and will try and get in at least ten, back-to-back rides on it, mostly in the back row, partially because of how out-of-the way this coaster is, isolated in the far corner of the property.

It was even better in it's earlier days, before they added a MCBR, and re-profiled the first 120 degree banked-turn (immediately following the first/lift hill) to make it more mellow

While Dueling Dragons-Fire is not hated, I definitely like it more than the average Joe. ...Especially the back row right side seat. I love the first drop and the downward helix heading into the loop. After all these years, it's still very smooth in the back row too.

...Yes, I still call it Dueling Dragons, and I always will.

While Dueling Dragons-Fire is not hated, I definitely like it more than the average Joe. ...Especially the back row right side seat. I love the first drop and the downward helix heading into the loop. After all these years, it's still very smooth in the back row too.

...Yes, I still call it Dueling Dragons, and I always will.

It's the same way with me for Gatekeeper

I adore wing coasters. I've only ridden GateKeeper, but I can tell from pictures & videos that coasters like Wild Eagle & Parrot Coaster could provide truly amazing experiences. I really do not understand where all the negativity regarding wing coasters come from. People complain about the lack of forces knowing full well that these are made to provide the sensation of flight NOT a wild & forceful ride. There's an app for that: Inverted coasters.