TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your guilty pleasure ride

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At my home park, I like to ride Hex. People really underestimate it but I try to ride once every visit. The theme and location is unique, superbly done. Yes the ride part itself needs some work (as in maintenance work, as it squeaks more each year, never lines up correctly and is just not as perfect and convincing as it used to be) but I love riding it all the same.

Best to ride Hex with people who have never ridden one of those before and watching their expressions.

Another ride I really enjoyed (took a few laps though) was Sindbads Storybook Voyage at DisneySea.

and Scooby Doo at Movie World, I thought that ride was amazing.

Any rides that control how much you spin/flip (tea cups, Rock-o-Planes, etc), which then gives me freedom to go insane with them. I always have to go in my own pod/cup/unit/whatever because I get other people really nauseous if they ride with me.

This! If you bring the right people on the ride, it can easily be the best ride in the park.

I could literally ride Runaway Mountain at SFOT and/or Skull Mountain at SFGAdv all day, every day.

I have a huge appreciation and love for those underrated, little-known indoor coasters with absolutely fantastic layouts.

Tilt-A-Whirls & Flyers - without a doubt.

Most people don't even know that Cedar Point has a Tilt-A-Whirl tucked away in the Gemini kiddie area, but I usually sneak over for a ride as there is hardly ever a line.

I'm super excited that CP is also getting the Lake Erie Eagles in 2014!

Skull Mountain at SFGAdv is a good one I forgot about since the last time I was there, the queue said 90+ mins and it was all the way outside?!

Japan Haunted attractions, especially the crazy hospital one - so amazing...

Both of the Vekomas at SFDK are rides that I actually enjoy, despite most enthusiast types generally giving them the cold shoulder. Although friends and family members riding in the seat right next to me on Kong are usually grunting in pain during the ride, it just doesn't beat me up very bad at all. Boomerang isn't exactly butter-smooth, but it also has never left me feeling abused. I enjoy the moderate intensity of it, particularly going backwards while seated in the front car of the train.

Edited by Mechanic

I love nearly all Huss flats. Condors are my favorite! I ALWAYS ride Condor at SFGAm when I visit.

I ride the train at every park I visit as well. Any train with real steam is awesome, but the best train ever is the one at Knoebels. I ALWAYS ride it once it gets dark- I usually make it my last ride before closing. I have to be the only enthusiast that rides the Knoebels train after close and not Phoenix like everyone else!

^Kong is definitely one of the smoother SLCs still running the traditional Vekoma trains. I don't get why people are so negative on the Boomerangs either, they're a bit short but still fun, and not too rough.

I didn't think it was smooth at all when I rode it last june. It rattled my brains out!

If I were to pick a guilty pleasure... Probably The Little Mermaid at DCA. For the wait (usually none) I always feels like its a good attraction.

I really love frisbee-rides, log flumes and Vekoma Boomerangs.

But my favorite ride has to be Space Mountain: Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris. The mountain itself is just superb to look at and the whole theme is just plain fun. Love it (ride it at least 4 - 5 times each visit, just for the fun of it). And no, weird enough and don't get the Vekoma bumpiness on this ride

I forgot Flyers. Love those rides. Not been on many of them though and I wish the UK would buy more of them. Oakwood now has a set and it's awesome. Not super snappable but near enough.

Rita is one of those rides I always seem to ignore and just sort of toss the thought aside when someone suggests riding it but then I go and ride it and forget how much I actually enjoy it. I guess it's just too short.

• 6 months later...

For me it's Valleyfair's Corkscrew. It's a ride that I thought I'd hate, but it's actually quite smooth. It has a relatively forceful loop, and it's simply a fun ride.

It used to be Excalibur, but it has become rough lately.

image.thumb.jpg.184316bb8d4193efe2bbd1c6101cbf32.jpg