TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vekoma signs deal to sell RMC coasters in Europe and Asia

^Vekoma has created some good rides--some of which even push the envelope (such as Stingray in China). RMC likes to push it a bit, too, so this may could be a natural partnership.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I like this deal because it means RMC will expand and have more opportunity to make more awesome coasters. This will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years as this partnership grows.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vekoma is pretty much the perfect choice. Think about some other companies, Intamin is definitely a competitor of RMC; Zamperla focus on flats thus would not be beneficial if RMC want to step into the field; Gerstlauer is experienced, but they do not have enough customers in Asia(they have a spinning people transport ride in China though). I honestly cannot think of anything that Vekoma would cause a negative impact... Except for wooden Boomerangs and SLCs.

Vekoma's wooden coasters were FAR from terrible (granted it was in 2005, but Loop-Garou was kick ass!), so I am sure their construction/design expertise will be utilized in these new markets for RMC.

Pretty pumped for this... If past rides, like the mega lite, are what European/Asian parks can do when combining. With great, but some may argue, inconsistent, manufacturers like Intamin, I can't wait to see what RMC can do.... Maybe the partnership with Vekoma might also mean,

A: if they merge, Vekoma might not suck lol

B: Since Vekoma makes mostly steel coasters, we might end up seeing RMC's first *full* steel coaster out of this partnership?

Just my two cents.. Take it how you will.

Intamin is definitely a competitor of RMC;

How much of a competitor are they really though? It's been a number of years and it still seems like not many parks want their pre-fabs.

Price?

RMC make amazing coasters with low price, Intamin make truly kick-a$$ rides with high cost. When RMC's intensity came close to Intamin's, I think there's what I call competition.

^ I also dont see them together after IAAPA 2012 video's form TPR. Itamin has no intrest in inversions on woodies and will continue on building traditional woodies. Can't see that with RMC who seems to have no problem with that.

I do admit Vekoma woodies have great and fun lay-outs (did 2 of the 3 in the world), but they're not really that comfortable. I have no fear for that in the Vekoma RMC woodies, meaning we'll see some great rides from them in Europe and Asia. I really hope there is already intrest in a RMC woodie here in Europe.

^ Of course now that RMC is going to start building overseas. Intamin may have to change their minds about wooden inversions.

I wonder why it was different for Gravity Group to sell their products overseas. They must just have a really good sales team.

Price?

RMC make amazing coasters with low price, Intamin make truly kick-a$$ rides with high cost. When RMC's intensity came close to Intamin's, I think there's what I call competition.

El Toro was only $12M while the Texas Giant conversion cost $10M. The price isn't really THAT much higher compared to... say a B&M coaster.

I wonder why it was different for Gravity Group to sell their products overseas. They must just have a really good sales team.

They have M&V, which I think their partnership is similar to how Vekoma and RMC's partnership will be.

M&V actually builds the rides.

This can only continue to mean great things for parks around the world. With Vekoma's already wide reach and RMC's insanely successful debut in the industry continuing to carry them into new projects, I think we should expect to side many more projects announced by RMC in the coming years!

Can't wait to see what RMC comes up with next for their new market.

Interlocking dueling inline twist high-five.

Oh dear, I just made myself way too giddy with the though of that.

^

I like this idea! I am sure Alan (RMC) is dreaming up some crazy ideas and dying to incorporate them into an insane design for a park.