TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flat-tracked inversions look so irritating.

Doesn't it just irritate you when you see flat-tracked inversions? By flat-tracked I mean a track with no spine, just 2 rails connected by beams at diagonal and right angles, commonly found on Wild Mouse or Kiddie Coasters.

The reason they irritate me is because at a glance, they don't look safe and you think they might fall apart at any second and that they just look, I don't know how to describe it, awkward?

If you don't know what i'm getting at, look at this picture:

It just looks so scary that it'll fall apart at any second. I personally think that inversions should ALWAYS be spined.

The only inversion I don't mind seeing flat tracked is a heartline roll. Like on Intamin's Multi-Inversion Coasters.

So TPR, what's your take on flat-tracked inversions?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually don't like the way flat track looks at all except when it's sued for station/transfer track/brake run. The one that irritates me the most isn't actually an inversion, it's the superman/ride of steel's helix as there are so many supports that it looks ridiculous. That's why I like non flat track a lot more, it looks better (in my opinion) and it doesn't need as many supports and, to me, the fewer there are, the cooler the ride looks (like on the intamins with the new double-tubular track).

With safety #1, those ' flat-tracked inversions' look really clean-cut and nice to look at...

I know many other things that could be irritating if we nit-pick coaster designs, but not flat-tracked inversions.

I don't think it look bad, but I have a similar problem.

I really hate when rides switch between spineless track to triangle track. I just really hate the look of it.

I have nothing against spineless track, when it's on it's own.

Vicky The Ride and Kanonen are good example of this.

I have no problem with Square track going to traingle track.

I also hate, on Premier and Maurer rides, the look of a coaster with both single and double spine track.

Oh, and yes, I allready know that I'm weird, so no need to tell me

Source

Source

Source

Source

Edited by _koppen

I don't think it look bad, but I have a similar problem.

I really hate when rides switch between spineless track to triangle track. I just really hate the look of it.

Vicky The Ride and Kanonen are good example of this.

I have no problem with Square track going to traingle track.

I also hate, on Premier and Maurer rides, the look of a coaster with both single and double spine track.

Oh, and yes, I allready know that I'm weird, so no need to tell me

Source

Source

Source

Source

I kinda agree with you. But with the spineless to skeleton track switch, I don't mind it if it's at the end of the ride or beginning of the ride before main course. Oh, and one final thing. HOW DARE YOU SPEAK POORLY OF MAURER SOHNE! TO THE PINFARI DEATH MACHINES WITH YOU!

Now that the thread was created, those model rollercoaster things come to mind. I do not like those flat tracked inversions on those model coasters. But on full scale coasters, I don't mind them at all. I like the way a inversion is possible on a flat track due to the way it is shaped, as can be seen in the image posted at the beginning.

I usually don't have problems with two tubes track, but the new Maurer Sohne (sorry mrlego611!) looks terrible. The yellow color on everything doesn't help, for sure.

Source

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT! THAT's Maurer Sohne?! SAY IT AIN'T SO! Gimme the source! I must find out if it is some Asian ripoff or not!

Funny thing about Maurer - not only have they begun to use two-tube track on their bigger coasters, but before that they used three-tube track on a spinning coaster!

Tulireki looks so weird on the switches between three tube track and two tube tracks. And the connecting part of the three tube tracks and the supports look weird as well.

This is the least of Tulireki's "problems." That ride is just plain lousy.