TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Scary Movies

CoasterExpert13

High Tension, now that was an intense film. I liked the original Salem's Lot adaptation that was creepy.

Someone mentioned Scanners, I can just imagine initial audience reaction when that guy's head blows up.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who think Silence of the lambs is probably the worlds most overrated thriller/horror ever? I think it´s good but I´ll give it 7/10 as max, Hannibal is much better and really underrated imo.

Anyone agree?

Am I the only one who think Silence of the lambs is probably the worlds most overrated thriller/horror ever? I think it´s good but I´ll give it 7/10 as max, Hannibal is much better and really underrated imo.

Anyone agree?

Actually I preferred Red Dragon to Silence of The Lambs and Hannibal. Hannibal was snoozeworthy to me. Red Dragon just had the creepiest feel to it.

I just recently saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. I saw the remake first, and it was pretty good, so I wanted to watch The Beginning. I read so many bad reviews for it so I went in thinking it would suck, but it was REALLY good I thought. Definetely one of my favorite horror movies. It was pretty creepy and strange and intense.

I quite liked The Ring when I saw it in theatres. With a packed room there were so many screaming people during the final sequence. I think that and The Grudge sent me on a very big J-horror kick, since then I have added a few to my home collection.

If anything my favourites are for specific moments. Like in The Ring when the little boy realized Rachel helped Samara... "Don't you get it?... She never sleeps!" Chills down my spine.

Original Ju-On series is good also for general creepiness. Loved the crawl down the stairs.

I agree with comments on Signs. The home video footage and the alien thing standing in the dark watching through the window... major chills.

I also liked the original Pulse (Kairo). Mostly for the concept and foreboding nature of it... no outright scares though and very mellow (perhaps slow) film.

Carpenter's The Fog is a favourite classic. I was looking forward to the remake, but unfortunately it was massacred. It would have been very effective done "grudge/J-horror style" style I think.

My favorites include:

Scream - Great movie

The Descent - I hate tight places, that scared me more than the monsters

Arachnophobia - I know it's more of a comedy but man I hated those spiders

Troll - This was the first scary movie I ever watched and I was like 8. It scared me half to death. Troll 2 is the worst movie ever made, so much so it has garnered it's own cult following (the movie isn't even about a troll, it's about goblins lol).

I hated the Sixth Sense. It took me no time at all to figure out the twist and I was like how could people not figure this out. The Grudge 2 is the worst horror movie I've ever seen. I was literally mad after I watched it. I wanted to burn the dvd.

• 1 year later...
I quite liked The Ring when I saw it in theatres. With a packed room there were so many screaming people during the final sequence. I think that and The Grudge sent me on a very big J-horror kick, since then I have added a few to my home collection.

If anything my favourites are for specific moments. Like in The Ring when the little boy realized Rachel helped Samara... "Don't you get it?... She never sleeps!" Chills down my spine.

Original Ju-On series is good also for general creepiness. Loved the crawl down the stairs.

I agree with comments on Signs. The home video footage and the alien thing standing in the dark watching through the window... major chills.

I also liked the original Pulse (Kairo). Mostly for the concept and foreboding nature of it... no outright scares though and very mellow (perhaps slow) film.

Carpenter's The Fog is a favourite classic. I was looking forward to the remake, but unfortunately it was massacred. It would have been very effective done "grudge/J-horror style" style I think.

All I can say is, "Ditto." Ju-on, The Grudge, and the Ring are the only scary movies that give me chills anymore. Everything else is just funny/cool to me.

I'm basically the n00b of horror movies, since my parents don't let me watch R movies and I used to be really easily scared. I've kind of toughened up in the past year or so, so I'm starting to get into horror movies. I've only seen Saw II and See no Evil . I turned on See no Evil expecting it to be cheesy as hell, and it was except for one scene. Anyone who saw the movie can probably guess what I'm talking about.

I like all the classics!

But the only movie that just freaks me out...is Signs. I don't know what it is about that movie..it just scares the crap out of me! I love being scared, I work at Fear Fest, all that stuff....but I HATE Signs! It freaks me out!!!

I like all the classics!

But the only movie that just freaks me out...is Signs. I don't know what it is about that movie..it just scares the crap out of me! I love being scared, I work at Fear Fest, all that stuff....but I HATE Signs! It freaks me out!!!

OMG Signs...AHHH... Just the dark parts I guess

White Chicks...

Couldn't watch a movie for weeks...

In all seriousness, [REC] is the only horror movie to scare the crap out of me. If you haven't seen it or don't know what it is, go watch it now! It really is a prime example of excellent horror.

---Brent

I don't watch horror movies.

Like some people have mentioned, I am also really easily scared. Like you couldn't get me into Rainforest Cafe no matter what.

But the ones that I have seen are Cloverfield (if it even counts), Poltergeist, and my personal favorite, Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. The last one terrifies me for some reason.

The classic scary movies. The ones where you didn't see the blood or the limbs go flying everywhere, the ones where it was all in your head and you were stuck imagining what happened because you could only hear it.

Movies:

-A Clockwork Orange

-The Shining

-A Nightmare On Elm Street(1st one)

-Friday The 13th(1st one)

-Psycho

-Jaws

-Silence of the Lambs

-Shaun of the Dead

-Poltergeist(Just because it is so funny)

-The Lost Boys

-Pet Sematary

-Scream

-When A Stranger Calls(Original)

-Children of the Corn

And last but not least:

-The Exorcist

--Chris