The Beyond by Lucio Fulci

Cannibal Holocaust

Hostel

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Zombie Flesh Eaters, also Fulci

Friday the 13th part 2,3,4 and 6

Aliens

Am I the only one who´s really looking foward to 28 weeks later?:p

^I think 28 Weeks Later looks pretty good.

I saw Rosemary's Baby for the for the first time the other night. I liked it, but I don't see how it is one of the most famous horror movies in the world. The only parts that were even supposed to be scary were in the last half hour of it.

Here you can watch Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness if interested, http://www.youtube.com/user/DRAGONL90

To everyone who hasn´t seen this masterpiece, do it! It´s one of the few films I rate 10/10, it´s really hillarious.

Both endings, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdmdcVuNWc

Deleted scenes part 1, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUh1lBIMUVM

Deleted scenes part 2, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8sH2xtktc

Info. http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0106308/

Btw, anyone who´s seen this film, anyone agree that it´s a joke that it´s rated R? LOL!

I like Evil Dead 2. The first one didn't seem to know which direction to go...comedy (intentional or not?) or straight on horror? pharce? spoof? i dunno. AoD was good, but I'll still give it to ED 2 because it corrected the tone of ED 1 and set the tone for AoD.

Cannibal Holocaust, that was damn nasty though I found it quite valid in terms of it's commentary on media and human nature, which I found surprising. The similiar Cannibal Ferox made me feel numb for days after.

Lucio Fulci made some very atmospheric though not entirely logical horror films, and he also made the New York Ripper where the killer talks like Mickey Mouse and quacks like a duck, very strange.

I saw the Descent last year, that was a really good horror movie.

I like Dario Argento films. Suspiria, Inferno, Tenaebre, Profondo Rosso...

Mario Bava is good too. Twitch of The Death Nerve, Baron Blood, Shock, Black Sunday, Black Sabbath.

George Romero's scariest is a little known film called Martin. It's amazing. Very different. The dead series is also amazing.

Lucio Fulci's The Beyond is awesome.

Others worthy of comment... Jacob's Ladder, Willard (70s version), Nightmare on Elm Street and New Nightmare, The Exorcist 1 and 3, The Haunting (1960s), Ju-On, Ringu, The Eye, The Shining, Nosferatu, and Salem's Lot (70s).

I am a horror aficionado, and I can go on forever on the subject.

I recently talked about 28 Weeks Later...I saw the first movie, 28 Days later, on DVD, and was a bit underwhelmed by it. Sure, the "zombies" were awesome, but about halfway, the film takes a complete 180 and becomes less and less interesting.

28 Weeks Later never takes its focus off what we all came to see, and gives it a twist of the tragic. There was one scene in particular (those who've seen it know what I'm talking about) that was horrifying, but also sad at the same time. I've never seen a horror movie really dabble in that before.

I am also a fan of Argento's and saw another well made work of his called "Opera" a few days ago. If you have Netflix, I strongly suggest putting that in your queue.

Another obscure title I recommend is "Nightmare in A Damaged Brain". While it lacks the style and finesse of Argento, it more than makes up for it in sheer brutality. A gore-fiend's dream.

^ The DVD thing brings up something interesting. I think one reason 28 Weeks worked so well for me is because I saw it on a big screen in a dark theater. Weeks' relentless visual technique would work a lot less well at home.

I've really tried to love Argento, but I too often find his cinematic technique - at least in the badly dubbed versions I've seen - somewhat lacking. Bad zooms, awkward pans, off-target edits. The music's great, though...

^ oh yeah, I may be a fan, but I know he's far from infallible in his style. Everyone is always so hot for Suspiria, when it's really just an average horror film with one or two great kills. What really makes it is Goblin's wonderful soundtrack.

I love horror films, and my favorites would be...

-Saw

-Alien

-Scream (well, not out-and-out horror, but a fantastic film)

-Halloween

-Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake)

-Cube

-The Ring

In that order.

Some of the titles listed can be seen as Sci-Fi... but they're probably Sci-Fi horror films to me. Okay, heres some of my 'favorite' horror movies, not in any particular order.

Alien & Aliens, SAW 1-3, The Fly (Original & Remake), Event Horizon, 28 Days Later, Dead Alive, Evil Dead 1-3, Creepshow, Blair Witch Project, Bad Taste, Dawn of the Dead (Original & Remake), Night of the Living Dead (Dont care for the remake, LOVE the original) , Descent, Hills Have Eyes (Original & Remake), High Tension, The Wicker Man (Original), The Ugly, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I suppose I kindof like both...), Return of the Living Dead, Re-Animator, Cabin Fever, Hellraiser, Sleepy Hollow, Village of the Damned (Original & Remake)

Wow thats alot of horror movies.

-Justin