TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Least favourite type of coaster?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I actually do really like the concept, the problem is that all standups I've ridden weren't particularly smooth. I would definitely like to see a park purchasing one in the future as I'm sure that companies like B&M would be capable of building a smooth ride.

^I have yet to find a stand up coaster that I've enjoyed!! They're my least favorite coaster type by far.

I've only been on 3 flyers- Superman: Uninspiring Flight at both SFGAm and SFGAdv, and Firehawk at KI. Obvjously the B&Ms are a snooze fest except for the pretzel loop which is ine of my favorite elements on any coaster. Firehawk was pretty good, aside from ridiculous loading times and being blinded on the lift. I can imagine B&M flyers would be amazing if they were designed by old school B&M. I just can't see ANY standup ever being good.

I've been on some bad SLCs also, but if you can find a fairly smooth one (hard to do), they're actually pretty decent! The same applies to standard boomerangs.

Edited by DanM64

SLCs lost their luster for me a while ago. Partly because their rough, partly because they are clones (I still like the Batman clones though).

I'm not a fan of the B&M wing riders I have been on, perhaps the ones overseas are better?

Zamperla Twister Coasters/Spinning mice are another coaster that has lost its appeal for me.

Needless to say I'll ride all these coasters, but they just don't really "do it" for me.

For the record, I've never been on an SLC so I'll say Vekoma boomerangs, unfortunate for me since there are so many of them.

Same goes for SLCs around the world - they are everywhere.

And as well, various knock-off SLCs are found in other countries.