TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flat rides you just don't see at theme parks.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We recently saw this thing - the Rock It - on the TPR Texas Midwest trip at Summer Adventures at Fair Park (Texas State Fair grounds). Had never seen one before - anyone know who manufactures it? Thought it looked pretty cool but didn't ride.

The second pic is of the park's Flipper ride that they operated in an epic fashion. Probably the most intense flat ride experience of my life, which may explain why I didn't manage to get on Rock It. Have never seen one of these rides before - it kind of reminded me of a Breakdance ride, but it's different isn't it? There is no way a corporate theme park would operate a flat ride this insanely. It was definitely a memorable experience!

1214381498_IMG_5036(Copy).JPG.a5bc13ce31e9ef04123eeeb6e722a29b.JPG

104804819_IMG_5022(Copy).JPG.beb8054e7133ec9f80a9763b87dbfeba.JPG

The second pic is of the park's Flipper ride that they operated in an epic fashion. Probably the most intense flat ride experience of my life, which may explain why I didn't manage to get on Rock It. Have never seen one of these rides before - it kind of reminded me of a Breakdance ride, but it's different isn't it? There is no way a corporate theme park would operate a flat ride this insanely. It was definitely a memorable experience!

This ride comes in with Deggeller Attractions for the Salem Fair near Roanoke, VA for 10 days every 4th of July. I absolutely love it. It is by far the most intense flat ride I've ever been on. Just imagine this ride as an indoor attraction with special effects lighting occurring.

This ride comes in with Deggeller Attractions for the Salem Fair near Roanoke, VA for 10 days every 4th of July. I absolutely love it. It is by far the most intense flat ride I've ever been on. Just imagine this ride as an indoor attraction with special effects lighting occurring.

That sounds awesome! It also had a loong ride cycle when we rode. It got to a point where we just wanted it to end, but we had a big laugh about it.

The second pic is of the park's Flipper ride that they operated in an epic fashion. Probably the most intense flat ride experience of my life ...

THIS. That was absolutely insane and shattered any illusions that I could no longer have a new "best flat ride experience" at this point in my enthusiast career. So many crazy forces and a delightfully torturous ride cycle.

I missed the Flipper at Adventurers FEC in Brooklyn by one year, but I'd question whether I missed much. That's a kiddie park through and through (with a few basic family rides and a dark ride), so I doubt it was run too intensely.

Gulliver's in Warrington have had a double rotating ferris wheel for a long time. Not sure if it's still there or even operating if it is but they 100% had one.

Janfusun Fancyworld have a Huss Flyaway but it was looking very sad and SBNO when we were there.

Camelot in Chorley used to have this old flat ride which was blue and you sat in two halves facing each other and then got pulled back and forth. Odd ride, not seen one elsewhere, wasn't that intense though.

^^While that ride looks like tons of fun, I bet it's a loading nightmare!

We recently saw this thing - the Rock It - on the TPR Texas Midwest trip at Summer Adventures at Fair Park (Texas State Fair grounds). Had never seen one before - anyone know who manufactures it? Thought it looked pretty cool but didn't ride.

I miss that park! Rock It was a very interesting ride. I don't remember much of the experience, I just remember having a few oh sh*t moments!

Omg Flipper. That was the first ride I really thought I was going to vomit on! It had at least a 5 minute long cycle! My bad for not watching it before I rode it.

There's actually one of those at PortAventura here in Spain.

Camelot in Chorley used to have this old flat ride which was blue and you sat in two halves facing each other and then got pulled back and forth. Odd ride, not seen one elsewhere, wasn't that intense though.

THE RACK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAv8S6M83o

(Disclaimer: I know that I've never been to Camelot before, but a ride themed to the rack? Awesome!)

I miss that park! Rock It was a very interesting ride. I don't remember much of the experience, I just remember having a few oh sh*t moments!

It's an Inversion ride from KMG. http://www.kmg.nl/kmg/factory/inversion_en.html

Kentucky Kingdom had a similar ride (Quake) that was built by Vekoma in the early 90's. There are currently only 3 of them left in existence, at Space World in Japan, Six Flags Mexico and Dreamworld in Australia. The seating is back to back like on most top spin rides and not in seating like the ride in the video. It's hard to tell if this model is a modified version of the Waikiki Wave with the seating or a one off ride. In fact it almost looks like it could have been a very early version of the Mondial Roll Over but without inverting, possibly a prototype? I know Vekoma built the Waikiki Wave first before building 3 Super Flip variants (inverting models listed above)