TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Old, Gone Rides You'd Like To Ride - One Last Time

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up at Dorney Park, so these will be from there:

Rockets-The last Travers swing ride that was operating. Disney made a copy and I'd like to see more of these.

Iceberg-A Cuddle-Up in the dark.Now I know there are many tea cup rides out there, but nothing matches the motion of the Cuddle-Up. I want these rides to return.

Bumper Cars-Now I know they are getting them next year,but they are the fiberglass cars. I want the old Lusse Scooters they had in the Coaster building.

The Coaster-I want the old building with Alfundo on the front and the Tunnel to return!!

Something I never knew existed (except thanks to videos on the internet) was the Rocket Rods at DL. If I could go back in time, that's a ride I'd check out. Did anyone here ever get to enjoy them?

I got to ride Rocket Rods once. Only once. The ride was notoriously unreliable and problematic, and often closed. As to whether I enjoyed them......I suppose so, but it was no big deal.

What I'd like to to ride again:

Mister Twister and other woodie (Wildcat?) at old Elitch Gardens.

Big Bad Wolf

The Alps at Willow Grove Park, PA.

Old woodie in Wildwood, NJ, across from Mariner's Landing. It had the longest track from station to lift hill that I've ever experienced.

Golden Nugget, Hunt's Pier, Wildwood, NJ

Soapbox Derby Racers, Knott's.

Old woodie in Wildwood, NJ, across from Mariner's Landing. It had the longest track from station to lift hill that I've ever experienced.

https://rcdb.com/1950.htm

I have that credit. I don't remember it but my mom has a photo of me on it.

Thanks for the link. It doesn't look like much compared to today's coasters, but as a kid and teen in the 1960s and 70s it was pretty awesome.

I honestly wish I would've been just a tad bit older when Sierra Tonante was dismantled. At least I would've ridden a wooden coaster for the first time!

<<<< This guy you see in this old and dumb profile picture has never ridden a wooden roller coaster.

I spit on him. What a disgrace.

Oh, masochism. It's so gratifying.

• 3 weeks later...
Cyclone at SFNE. I rode it once very shortly before it closed. Honestly I was more scared by it in that incarnation than Wicked Cyclone!

As you should have. The back seat separated the men from the boys. Those drops packed some real punch, for in terms of airtime and the kidney punch that would follow. I don't regret the addition of Wicked Cyclone though.

I'd pick Roar at Discovery Kingdom. Like the Cyclone, I'm sure Joker is a superior ride but I really did enjoy Roar's layout and didn't find it rough. Locally I miss the Monster Mouse at Quassy and Canobie's old Matterhorn that was run much faster than any other park.