TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Old, Gone Rides You'd Like To Ride - One Last Time

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^The old X was dumb, but in a rather endearing way.

I agree, the transformation has breathed much needed life into ride and also they lowered the height restriction from a stupid 1.4m to a much more reasonable 1m. When I visit with friends I even ride it sometimes as its just plain fun!

I do agree it's a fun ride! But going backwards in complete darkness just felt more exhilarating than the nightclub style for me

• 4 weeks later...

I would have loved to have gone on the ORIGINAL versions of SFNE's Cyclone,Fiesta Texas' Rattler,and SFMM's Colossus-by "original" I mean when they were first built(especially Cyclone's and Rattler's first drops).

And although not exactly a "ride",I would have loved to been able to experience Terror On Church Street!

Gwazi. Yeah, I said it.

What's the deal with Gwazi? Rough ride? Boring? (I ask because I've never been to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

I've only been to BGT once and it was Gwazi's last year. It is the only ride that I've ever ridden that my wife was legitimately mad at me for letting her ride. Top 5 roughest rides I've ever ridden contender for sure. On top of being rough, it was long and rough...

^^Dang, I *LOVED* Gwazi (with PTC trains). It was rough, but the design/profile was excellent, and very "daring" for GCI.

I would love to ride the Geauga Lake Big Dipper again. I know that's not the most popular wish around here, but I loved that ride. We would drive over while working at CP in the 90s to get a dose of another "classic" coaster with no seat dividers.

4. Swan Boats - Lincoln Park Zoo

I always enjoyed the scenic views from these, it's a shame they were removed

3. Orbit - Six Flags Great America

One of my favorite flat rides and it closed without any notice (And on Read to Suckceed ). I haven't ridden it in atleast a year, possibly 2 or 3

2. Great America Raceway - Six Flags Great America

This was my favorite flat at the park, and I don't recall there being a removal notice either.

1. Iron Wolf - Six Flags Great America

Even though I was exactly 54 inches and qualified to ride, I was still a bit scared of going up-side down on a roller coaster in 2011 so I didn't ride it, though I came very close. It seemed to be the least intimidating thrill coaster (At the time I had only ridden Spacely's Sprocket Rockets, Whizzer, Little Dipper, and The Dark Knight. MAYBE Viper and Ragin' Cajun). I thought it looked less scary then American Eagle because it was shorter and less scary then Demon because it had less inversions so I wanted to ride it but nobody else in my group did, so I skipped it and decided I'd ride it first thing in 2012...... .........

Gwazi was very good its first couple of years. I think the humidity and year round park schedule had a lot to do with its later condition.

I really miss the Dania Beach Hurricane. That's one that should've been relocated.

Blue Streak with buzz bars was amazing, too.

I miss Shockwave at SF Great America as it was my first looping coaster i been on. It was a lot of fun and intense. Now im probably gonna get hate for this but i wish they replaced Whizzer with Superman instead of Shockwave. It would of been cool to have both. Also i never got to go Son of Beast sadly and wished i could of rode it. The friends who went with me were chicken sh*t and only could handle certain coasters. I didnt want to wait in line by myself so i skipped it but now i regret it. One of them is also the same friend who made me wait in line for an hour for the Spider.....yea.... if you take friends to a park with you make sure they are ones who actually enjoy all thrill rides!

Ozark Wildcat, Zambezi Zinger, Oriental Express. Only ones I truly miss.

I got to ride these two in 1995. And Zinger had always been one of my Bucket List coasters for years and years.

With OE, I rode twice, and then a couple of weeks later, somebody died on it, truth! After that, it was downhill

for that coaster and it was eventually taken down. And isn't Zinger in Brazil or somewhere south of the USA?

So yes, I would really have liked to have re-ridden these two, one more time.

Ozark Wildcat, Zambezi Zinger, Oriental Express. Only ones I truly miss.

I got to ride these two in 1995. And Zinger had always been one of my Bucket List coasters for years and years.

With OE, I rode twice, and then a couple of weeks later, somebody died on it, truth! After that, it was downhill

for that coaster and it was eventually taken down. And isn't Zinger in Brazil or somewhere south of the USA?

So yes, I would really have liked to have re-ridden these two, one more time.

Yeah, Zinger is in Colombia now. At least it lives on. Cedar Fair was awesome to come in and build Detonator right off the bat, but replacing Zinger with a boomerang...not their best move.

No one ever died on Orient Express. You're thinking of Timber Wolf, which did have a fatality in 1995, a guest who was attempting to switch seats on the lift hill...never a good idea. Orient Express survived until 2003, when maintenance became too intensive and costly to justify it any longer, and it was replaced by Spinning Dragons, debuting in 2004.

On June 1995, a 14-year-old-girl died after falling from her seat. A riding companion claimed that safety restraints (a lap bar and seat belt) had come undone on a sharp turn at the top of one of the ride's hills.[10] But, Worlds of Fun officials claimed that witnesses had seen her remove her restraints and tried to switch seats and that there had been no malfunction. The parks owners at the time, Hunt Midwest Entertainment Inc., and the makers of the ride eventually settled with the girl's family for $200,000.[11] This made Timber Wolf the only ride so far at Worlds of Fun with a fatality.

^ Oh okay. Hmm. I could swear that happened, after I had visited there in 1995.

Okay. I'm using the excuse that it's a AGE THING and sticking with that.

Orient Express did derail before it was removed and I don't believe it opened to the public again after that, but I could be wrong about the second part.

I will definitely agree with Orient Express as a ride I wish I could ride again. I was pretty young the last time I rode it, but the drops on that ride were insanely good in the back seat. Unfortunately, I cannot say Orient Express was a smooth ride by any means...