TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Old, Gone Rides You'd Like To Ride - One Last Time

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had known about SFNE Cyclone's RMC refurbishment. I skipped it the one time I went to the park last year over not having enough time, and fears that it might have been too rough.

Wicked Cylcone is gonna be awesome, but I wish I could have gotten a ride on the original.

BREAKING NEWS!

Sky Swats are my favourite rides- one of them- at theme parks. Only ONE remains at Thorpe Park. S & S stopped making Sky Swats in 2010 and if I ever owned a theme park I will donate so much of my money just to get a Sky Swat. If Slammer at Thorpe Park is permanent I will be out of my mind. But I will still get a Sky Swat if I ever own a theme park. If you haven't heard the news, go to Thorpe Park and ride it. It could be your last chance...

Zippers are great rides. They should exist forever!

Chaos rides never made it into my home country but there should be one in the UK. Just one. Please.

Inverters were, yes, my favourite rides ever. Their unique layout is great but there needs to be an Inverter in my country. One was closed before the 2014 season at Alton Towers. I loved these rides and will still love them forever.

I will love every coaster and ride forever. There's so much emotion when a ride is removed. You will only have picture, memory and video nostalgia. They should always be relocated.

I wish I had known about SFNE Cyclone's RMC refurbishment. I skipped it the one time I went to the park last year over not having enough time, and fears that it might have been too rough.

Wicked Cylcone is gonna be awesome, but I wish I could have gotten a ride on the original.

This is probably going to disappoint you even more, but since I started riding Cyclone in 2011, it's been very smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Top ten:

10. The Boomerang at Savin Rock. It was half-Waltzer, and half launched Virigina Reel. I found footage on YouTube. Skip to 1:25 for shots of the ride.

9. Crystal Beach Cyclone - This coaster is only number nine on my list, because I'd imagine that it would be like riding Mind Eraser with buzz bars.

8. Coney Island Tumbler - This was essentially two Chance Skydivers mounted on a giant, rotating boom. I've never been on a Skydiver, but I've been on a Rock-O-Plane, and it seems like it would have been really fun - had I known there was a spin control...

7. Coney Island Parachute Jump - A 200-foot drop tower with a tiny chairswing seat...

6. Flying Turns at Euclid Beach - It seems like this one had the longest ride-time of the wooden bobsleds (Not counting lift hills. Sorry, Knoebels.)

5. Backety-Back Railway at Crystal Beach - Before GCI's Switchback coaster, there was this. It looked really fun, and it was certainly unique.

4. Twister at Elitch Gardens - What many consider to be John Allen's greatest work was also his least favorite. Personally, I would love to experience the original "lateral buffet".

3. Mauch Chunk Switchback Railway - The USA's first roller coaster and possibly its first railroad. I'm not sure if this is true, but it was said to hit a top speed of 100 miles per hour!

2. Cyclone Racer - While it doesn't seem as thrilling as the other legendary Fred Church coasters, it would probably still be better than most, if not all of today's racers.

1. Bobs at Riverview Park - The perfect combination of swooping curves, slam-turns, and ground-hugging bunny hops.

• 1 year later...

Jumbo Jet @ Morey's is my #1 wish it was still around ride. My first "big" steel coaster back in the early 80's. Rode it so much and I loved the sh!t out of that classic Schwarzkopf. Now we have a rotting SLC in its place. Ugh.

1523078560_Jumbo_Jet_at_Moreys_Piers.jpg.a0790ed7b8197c963c5f647710de345f.jpg

Great topic! Always fun to reminisce riding these

GASM @ SFGAdv- So many memories on this one, re-ride heaven

Batman & Robin: The Chiller @ SFGAdv- So much hype when it opened, it was so unique. Absolutely loved the Top Hat element on the Batman side, miss this ride dearly

Rolling Thunder @ SFGAdv- Not one of the best but I grew up riding this

Big Bag Wolf @ BGW- Everyone else said it, such a fantastic ride

Laser @ DP- Such a punch for the small footprint, so much better than Stinger

Hercules @ DP- That drop down to Lake Dorney was iconic, it was very rough towards the end but I still prefer that ride to Hydra now

Wildcat @ CP- My mom doesn't like big coasters, but rode smaller ones with me, had many fun rides with her on this, would love to ride some more

Deja Vu @ SFGAm- I was a young enthusiast when this opened, this ride was one of my favorites, it's a shame it had a rough life at SFGAm, good to see if still living at Silverwood

Hypersonic XLC @ KD- Yep, nothing too great about this one but that launch was always awesome

Big Dipper @ GL- Pains me to see it still standing but not running, such a classic coaster and ran so well

I've been to Kings Dominion twice, but never got to ride Hypersonic XLC

That launch was unbelievable. Nothing compares in intensity (except of course the similar model in Japan that adds another 20mph to that 1.8 second launch! I can't even imagine 0-100mph in 1.8 seconds!)

How about endangered? I wish a couple more S&S Sky Swats, Chance Chaos, and Bussink Evolutions (Xcalibur at Six Flags St. Louis) were planted (or still operating) in more parks.

There used to be a lot of Chance Chaos's.

There is still one left in operation (there may be a second still operating in the UK, it was as of a few years ago), but the Fly-o-Plane at Lake Winnie is ridiculously awesome and intense! It may be my favorite flat alongside the Modial Top Scan and Zamperla Giant Discovery.

How about endangered? I wish a couple more S&S Sky Swats, Chance Chaos, and Bussink Evolutions (Xcalibur at Six Flags St. Louis) were planted (or still operating) in more parks.

There used to be a lot of Chance Chaos's.

Including one at my home park. But now the only one I can think of in the U.S. that's still running is at Adventuredome in Las Vegas. I'm sure there's a couple more, but there's so few of them now compared to before.