• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I go alone I just take my everyday stuff:

- Phone

- Wallet (with cash and Id off-coarse)

- Keys

- Music player (mostly just because I have it always on me)

- Camera (doesn't belong to the everyday stuff but comes along)

If my parents come along (not much anymore, only on further parks):

- all of the above.

- A bag (With bread and cans or bottles of soda).

So basically when I'm alone I buy in the park what my parents find to expensive, I hate to bring a bag on every ride that's why I never bring one with me.

Edited by RCT3Bross

I try to stay at bare minimum when I go to parks. All I bring is...

-My wallet

-Cash & Credit Cards

-ID

-Iphone

-Keys (Only if i'm driving)

-Chapstick

There really isn't much a need for anything else unless I plan on doing some filming or going to a water park. If either of those happen, I end up just bringing a small bag and buy a all day locker to keep stuff safe.

I am also a minimalist when I go to a park. Like most people I take my wallet and iPhone. The only other thing I take that I didn't see mentioned is a lanyard. I loop it around a belt loop and hook it to my keys. I started doing that after I lost my keys on a coaster. It was a Vekoma, go figure.

Before I had a kid I used to take..

Wallet, phone, video camera and regular camera in a case that went over my shoulder. I usually didn't take sunglasses into a park or a hat but I slather myself in sunscreen.

Now that I have a kid…holy hell…we take freaking everything!

Wallet, phone, stroller, diaper bag full and everything on earth to clean the little guy if worst case scenario happens that he craps out of his pants, video camera and regular camera in a case that goes over my shoulder, and food. My son has some serious food allergies so we have to bring our own food in. So far, it hasn't been difficult at the parks we went to because we call ahead and ask about allergen info at restaurants…and none of them had food he could eat. Having him being allergic to dairy and soy is pretty hard to find things to he can eat, so that's why we usually just bring our own stuff to parks.

Jimmy "Always gotta have my video camera!" Bo

So my list of crap I bring to the park:

Wallet - sometimes just a credit card and season pass/ticket

iPhone - use as my camera

keys - if I am driving

sunglasses - a huge must bring

I used to bring more but I started to lose things on coasters. You would of thought I learned by the 3rd time. So yeah, fewer crap to put in zip/button pockets.

I try to take as little as possible into a park, whether it is a park I visit regularly or one I have never been to before. Basically my list is as follows:

car keys

credit card

small amount of cash

phone (no, not an i phone!)

and (if I remember) some antacids.

If it's cool or might get cool, I bring a jacket. No need to store it because I put it on when I ride and just tie it around my waist (if it gets warm enough where I don't need to wear it) when I'm not riding.

If I'm in a park I've never been to before, or one where I didn't get to take any pictures or good pics, I bring my camera. However, if I bring my good camera (which I also use for my job, so it would be bad if it got lost or damaged), I either bury it in the bottom of my hobo bag (which I only bring if I have my good camera) and use the bins in the ride station if there are any, or I just plan on storing it, or, taking all the pics I want and then just returning it to my car.

I also usually bring a heavy-duty zippered plastic bag and some safety pins if I am unable to find and wear any article of clothing that has zippered pockets. I put all my stuff (not the camera!) in the baggie, zip it shut and literally pin it inside my jeans or shorts pocket. No coaster or ride thus far has been able to breach this protective system! Also helps if I get wet on water rides.

I usually just have my car keys, wallet, phone and sunglasses. Sometimes I will bring some headache medicine if I know I will be power-riding, along with some ginger candies.

If I am taking pictures, I will have my camera and a few lenses, along with my camera bag loaded up with CF cards, batteries and other random items.

I'm with others on the cargo pants or shorts with zippers even though I keep my items limited to:

* Wallet with cash, ID (in case I need it to buy beer, of course), Club TPR card and two credit cards.

* Sony Cyber Shot camera with carrying case that straps to my belt.

* Sunglasses if it's sunny. Although I did learn my lesson last year about taking my Oakley's into a park when they were broken in half after getting crunched on the space shot tower at Indiana Beach (they were in my cargo pockets and got crushed during the crazy ejector air at the top). Now I have a cheap $20 pair that I take into theme parks and leave my Oakley's in the vehicle.

* New for 2013 - A positive attitude! You will almost always encounter idiot GP at any park, super long lines with line jumpers, or rude & incompetent employees. I just remember that I'm there to have a good time and to not let stupid people get the better of me.

* New for 2013 - A positive attitude! You will almost always encounter idiot GP at any park, super long lines with line jumpers, or rude & incompetent employees. I just remember that I'm there to have a good time and to not let stupid people get the better of me.

What a great idea ! I think every coaster enthusiast should follow this tip. Days at amusement parks will be better that way !

- Wallet

- Car or hotel keys

- Smokes and lighter(Yes, I go only to designated areas )

- A few band-aids in the wallet, just in case. Not sure why I always do this, but I do.

- Antacids tabs to repeal all the greasy good food.

- iPhone

- Sometimes light cash for video game or shooting gallery change.

I am not one for carrying much around and avoid the bins if possible. Especially when there is multi-train operations on coasters.

Fun topic, Robb!

I take a fanny pack with the following items squished into it:

- Credit card

- Cell phone (sometimes 2, depending on if someone is with me)

- Car key which clips to convenient key clip inside big zipper pocket

- Extra hair band

- Dramamine

- Sunglasses with straps and an additional pair of straps because someone in my group will need them

- Small snack such as a Nutrigrain bar, Fruit snacks, or some mints

- Crappy plastic water bottle that I can refill at fountains. Occasionally I can get someone with cargo shorts to carry this which is nice. Wish they made cool cargo shorts for girls! I have yet to find any. Also, I have found bag searches to be difficult to get through with an empty water bottle. They often have taken it from me however when someone else in my group has cargo shorts filled with brand new water bottles they don't say a word. I don't quite understand it but just shrug and if they take the bottle I fork over some money to buy a new one at the nearest stand I see. I follow the approach listed by someone else a page or two ago about having a positive attitude and it really does improve your day!

When the weather looks iffy or we are going to do waterpark stuff we take a backpack with some ponchos and a change of clothes to store in a rabbit.

I usually take my Quiksilver backpack that has many compartments and pockets. There are things like gum, mini bottle of hand sanitizer, sunblock, and lip balm that are always in there and I also bring sunglasses, some snacks like nuts and beef jerky, candy that won't melt, maybe peel-able fruit like oranges, a plastic bag with cold water and drinks, a light jacket if it is going to cool in the evening, a camera, a iPhone charger, and the obvious things like phone, wallet and keys. I try to leave some room in my backpack in case I buy any souvenirs at the park. This is obviously if I'm going to be at a park from open to close. If I'm going to a smaller park for just a few hours or less like the SC Boardwalk, I'll usually just bring what fits in my pockets. Also if I'm going to a park that has a water park then I'll bring a towel and a swimsuit with a couple of plastic bags as well. If I'm going strictly to a water park, I'll bring a backpack with a swimsuit, towel, enough sunblock, mini bottles of soap and shampoo, maybe a camera, a couple of water bottles, my keys, my wallet, my phone, and I'll walk in with sandals on.

I always carry a book bag because I really do not like cargo shorts. I do not like my shorts feeling so heavy.

1. Wallet

2. Phone

3. Car keys

4. Pain meds

5. Hand sanitizer

6. Camera sometimes if its a new park. Taking pics/vids with my phone kills the battery too fast

I try to carry just essentials.

Wallet

Phone

Camera

Sunglasses

Hat

Water Bottle

Something to stash park maps like a grocery bah or something.

If I have a non-rider with me, I'll also carry food/snacks around. I try not to bring too much stuff. I hate lugging crap around.

I always carry a book bag because I really do not like cargo shorts. I do not like my shorts feeling so heavy.

1. Wallet

2. Phone

3. Car keys

4. Pain meds

5. Hand sanitizer

6. Camera sometimes if its a new park. Taking pics/vids with my phone kills the battery too fast

LOL when do you use the pain meds?