TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skyplex Orlando Discussion Thread

With all the Universal Drama llama crap going on, what side does Disney lay on?

They don't care.

They don't care at all? Weird. Out of all people being over protective of their ground, I'd think Disney would be the first.

I think this explains it pretty well.

My thing is, why is universal making a big deal about it but Disney isn't?

Because people don't come to Orlando to go to Universal, to go to SeaWorld, to go to Skyplex. They come to Orlando go to to Disney, and then they do those OTHER things as well on their extra days. Disney is the tentpole in this market, always has and always will be. Disney does not even concern themselves with what Universal does (as many people would argue against that) because Disney knows that one of their parks alone gets more attendance than both of Universal's parks combined.

Skyplex wouldn't be potentially taking away customers from Disney, they'd be taking it away from Universal. And that's why Disney doesn't care and Universal does.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't care.

They don't care at all? Weird. Out of all people being over protective of their ground, I'd think Disney would be the first.

This really isn't anywhere near Disney property and like I said in an earlier post, Disney knows that people come to Orland for Disney and THEN go and do other attractions on their extra days. (Yes, I'm aware that some people DO come for Universal, but it's just not as many people at Universal would like to believe.)

In short, Disney simply isn't threatened by this project, or any other project in Orlando. Universal is. So they are the ones putting up the fight.

They don't care.

I think this explains it pretty well.

My thing is, why is universal making a big deal about it but Disney isn't?

Because people don't come to Orlando to go to Universal, to go to SeaWorld, to go to Skyplex. They come to Orlando go to to Disney, and then they do those OTHER things as well on their extra days. Disney is the tentpole in this market, always has and always will be. Disney does not even concern themselves with what Universal does (as many people would argue against that) because Disney knows that one of their parks alone gets more attendance than both of Universal's parks combined.

Skyplex wouldn't be potentially taking away customers from Disney, they'd be taking it away from Universal. And that's why Disney doesn't care and Universal does.

I think what he said maybe a little biased toawrds Disney but, it seems like a pretty good summary. They now they'll pull in the dough whether or not this thing opens. Because, disney just gets everybody in!

Are foreigners allowed to sign? Because although I believe I have any say in another country I like to support this project.

Yes, anyone is allowed to sign. We are showing world wide support for this project. In doing so the Orange County Board of County Commissioners will be made aware that people will travel to Orlando to ride The Skyscraper at SKYPLEX.

Big thanks to everyone for their support!

I think what he said maybe a little biased toawrds Disney

It's not biased towards Disney, it's just the truth. As someone who lives in Orlando and lives & breathes the market here, all one has to do is take a walk around Universal, SeaWorld, or any of the other parks that aren't Disney and notice just how many people are still wearing their Disney MagicBands to those parks (because it's also their resort room key) and it's fairly obvious just how many people are in town for Disney, and going to other attractions also.

I'm not being negative against any other Orlando attractions, it's just the way things are here.

I think what he said maybe a little biased toawrds Disney

It's not biased towards Disney, it's just the truth. As someone who lives in Orlando and lives & breathes the market here, all one has to do is take a walk around Universal, SeaWorld, or any of the other parks that aren't Disney and notice just how many people are still wearing their Disney MagicBands to those parks (because it's also their resort room key) and it's fairly obvious just how many people are in town for Disney, and going to other attractions also.

I'm not being negative against any other Orlando attractions, it's just the way things are here.

True. I've been to orlando and there is three types of tourist attractions

Disney

Semi-original Things that gain less traction than disney

Disney knock-offs.

But am I correct for counting 9 inversions?

I count 8. Here is the layout as I saw it, with inversions in bold.

- Indoor drop.

- Vertical launch

- End of the launch

- Outside banked turn

- Heartline roll

- ~130° drop

- Dive loop

- First MCBR

- Twisted drop

- Overbanked turn

- Zero-g roll

- Outward top-hat

- Dive-loop

- Second MCBR

- +90 Drop

- Inside top-hat

- Outward top-hat

- Dive loop

- MCBR

- Twisted drop

- Pop of air

- Overbank

- Pop of air

- Overbank turn

- Large corkscrew

I'm still amazed about the variety of elements that the layout offers. I also count approx. 12 airtime moments.

- Indoor drop.

- Vertical launch

- End of the launch

- Outside banked turn

- Heartline roll

- ~130° drop

- Dive loop

- First MCBR

- Twisted drop

- Overbanked turn

- Zero-g roll

- Outward top-hat

- Dive-loop

- Second MCBR

- +90 Drop

- Inside top-hat

- Outward top-hat

- Dive loop

- MCBR

- Twisted drop

- Pop of air

- Overbank

- Pop of air

- Overbank turn

- Large corkscrew

I'm still amazed about the variety of elements that the layout offers. I also count approx. 12 airtime moments.

This made me appreciate this ride 100000x than I already did. It's gonna have lots of !

- Indoor drop.

- Vertical launch

- End of the launch

- Outside banked turn

- Heartline roll

- ~130° drop

- Dive loop

- First MCBR

- Twisted drop

- Overbanked turn

- Zero-g roll

- Outward top-hat

- Dive-loop

- Second MCBR

- +90 Drop

- Inside top-hat

- Outward top-hat

- Dive loop

- MCBR

- Twisted drop

- Pop of air

- Overbank

- Pop of air

- Overbank turn

- Large corkscrew

Slight correction: After sticking a ruler directly to my computer screen to measure the height versus the length of train's (perfectly straight) underside at 2:14 and taking the arctangent of the ratio of the two, I got about a 115 degree drop. It wasn't a perfect profile shot, so it's probably going to be a little steeper than that, but I don't think it will quite be a record breaker like that; it might take the steepest drop on the continent title away from Cannibal, though. [/nerd]

I did my part, and made sure I gave my opinion as a Florida resident. With the new high-speed train service coming soon from Miami to Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach to Orlando, (I live 100 yards from the rail line!) we South Floridians will be flocking to Orlando with a simple train ride, and this is something everyone would visit, just to even see it! Orlando "Day Trips" will be completely possible, and this is definitely a day trip attraction!

PS. this new video is epic!

Slight correction: After sticking a ruler directly to my computer screen to measure the height versus the length of train's (perfectly straight) underside at 2:14 and taking the arctangent of the ratio of the two, I got about a 115 degree drop. It wasn't a perfect profile shot, so it's probably going to be a little steeper than that, but I don't think it will quite be a record breaker like that; it might take the steepest drop on the continent title away from Cannibal, though. [/nerd]

The first drop is actually 150ft (45m) high and inclined at 133°, words from Michael Kitchen, President of US Thrill Rides. That's make for another world record.