TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skyplex Orlando Discussion Thread

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My God when did an S&S El Loco and an Intamin Space diver have a baby, a baby that looks like it's on steroids and has ADHD lol. Man that thing looks down right frightening insane, that is totally not what I was expecting from this ride consider me blown away. If this thing is actually built I'd walk from So. Cal to Florida to ride that monster if I had too lol.

Wow. This coaster looks stunning. There's so many elements, and that curved lift hill should really build up the anticipation. However, there's just a very long wait. I know that it's the first of its kind, but 2017 is a long time.

I wish that the Polercoaster in Vegas wasn't canceled, but Florida can have all they want.

If this is true and I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be, this would be the first ride in the world to have two beyond 90 degree drops in it!

Depends on how one classifies the "drops" on Sequoia Adventure

Very good point.

I always thought of them as inversions. RCDB also classifies them as inversions so I guess i'll go with that.

I drive past this location at least twice a week, usually more, and I still can't picture this actually happening!

Me neither. Although the article and POV give me hope...that's more than we ever got with Orlando Thrill Park (which is comparable in my opinion), so I have a tiny bit more hope but still a big grain of salt .

This coaster looks like it might give Kingda Ka a run for its money with the added features of doing inversions 300, 400, and 500 feet in the air (almost sounds like its too good to be true). The only thing that it won't have is speed, but I think this won't really matter quite a bit with the GP. As for the tower and whole project itself, it just looks kind of futuristic and a little better than what the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas does. As for if it will be built, I kind of have a little more confidence that it could since we now have a more detailed layout of the coaster and the building itself.

Not sure, but did they say at one point that the coaster was to serve as a secondary transportation system to the top of the tower? I'm kind of glad that they removed that if they did as it would've seemed a little pointless.

This is definitely something that I must do when it opens!

I'll be interested to see how accurate these renderings are. The cars seem totally different than the past El Locos - these seem almost like Eurofighter trains. If they have lapbars like the newer El Locos, then this will without a doubt be one of the scariest coasters on the planet.

I'll be interested to see how accurate these renderings are. The cars seem totally different than the past El Locos - these seem almost like Eurofighter trains. If they have lapbars like the newer El Locos, then this will without a doubt be one of the scariest coasters on the planet.

From the video, the restraints look like those on 4D Free Spin.

^ Actually, it is. S&S and US Thrill Rides are teaming together on this. I'm assuming Ride Centerline is involved as well. It looks like an Alan Schilke design. Maybe somebody can confirm this? I haven't been following this project that closely.

http://www.engineeringexcitement.com/product/polercoaster/

Edit: I had to sit through and watch a video filled with pointlessness from another website at IAAPA last year and a guy from US Thrill Rides confirmed that Alan Schilke and Ride Centerline are the designers of the coaster. So the way I'm looking at it, US Thrill Rides is behind the design, engineering and buliding of the tower, S&S is manufacturing the track, trains. and supports, and Ride Centerline is designing the actual coaster. Does that sound about right?

Edited by ZeroGravity55