TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skyplex Orlando Discussion Thread

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this thing looks like a major blast. All those twists, turns and rolls along with some intense dives makes this ride a game changer in ride experience. I am looking forward to this new thrill machine. I wonder what the upcharge is going to be for this?

I can only agree with what everyone else have said so far, this ride looks far more impressive than I had ever imagined. I would be seriously excited to go on this, and there are not that many coasters that are able to generate that feeling for me.

Okay... I don't know what to think of this. Yes, the height looks awesome, the first turn and beyond vertical drop look fun. But it seems to get very repetitive very quick. Granted there is only so much you can do with such little space. Regardless it would still be a fun experience.

You know what, I think I have just found the incentive to finally visit the United States. I mean I have always had it on my mind, but this baby here looks so insane and incomparable to anything else, that I just HAVE to ride this! It's a good thing that it doesn't open next year so I'll have some more time to save money

Let's hope the final product looks and rides as good and/or even better than it looks on the video. The lift hill will probably take several minutes to reach the top and the first elements all the way up high must really induce some adrenaline!

Okay... I don't know what to think of this. Yes, the height looks awesome, the first turn and beyond vertical drop look fun. But it seems to get very repetitive very quick. Granted there is only so much you can do with such little space. Regardless it would still be a fun experience.

Repetitive how? Did we watch the same POV?

I think they were referring to all of those block and predrop brakes as trims.

It will definitely need to be slowed down on its trip down the tower. It looks far better than I would have though.

If this is built (IF!) it would require lots of trims. Otherwise it might be a candidate for the "Euthanasia Coaster."

I suspect this will also get the record for "most expensive coaster ride" (cost per ticket to ride).

I have to say this looks a lot better than I thought it would and it certainly will be very unique. That first outwards banked turn and inversion (which will surely be the world's tallest) look great (as does the rest of the layout but those are over 500 ft in the air).

Interesting that they used the sound from some B&Ms (including gatekeeper) for the POV.

If this is built (IF!) it would require lots of trims. Otherwise it might be a candidate for the "Euthanasia Coaster."

What on earth are you talking about??? "IF"? The ride is being built, this isn't just some wild concept.

Everyone keeps saying it's going to be trimmed...but I don't think so other than the typical beyond vertical El Loco drops and the MCBRs throughout the layout. The actual ride sections (turns, hills, dive loops, inverted stalls, opposite banked turns, 0g rolls, etc.) will ride normally. There are some seriously talented designers behind this ride

What he said.

To be fair, until the who thing actually opens, we don't actually know. Yes, they want to build it and my currently have financing to do so, but stranger things have happened...

You know the point I was trying to make, though. His post made it sound like someone just designed this in No Limits and posted it to YouTube. It has some well-respected industry folks behind it. I agree that nothing is set in stone, but you can say that about any coaster/project that is announced this far in advance.

Edited by ernierocker

Hey guys, so I just re watched the video of this epic ride and noticed something no one else has pointed out yet. It may be just the angle but it seems like this ride may have two beyond 90 degree drops!

image.thumb.jpg.5f5c075e0e1f35c1f67080a8477901f5.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5f5c075e0e1f35c1f67080a8477901f5.jpg

If this is true and I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be, this would be the first ride in the world to have two beyond 90 degree drops in it!

image.thumb.jpg.2d0bcb43c1b44e3abbeacec56f18d978.jpg

Hey guys, so I just re watched the video of this epic ride and noticed something no one else has pointed out yet. It may be just the angle but it seems like this ride may have two beyond 90 degree drops!

Yep, saw that as well! Epic indeed.

For me, the ride goes like:

- Pre-lift drop

- Spiral lift

- Outward banked flat turn

- Barrel roll

- +90° drop

- Dive loop

And not in order:

- Two more dive loops

- Another +90° drop and some other "normal" drops

- A zero-g on the tower

- A zero-g stall

- Fast overbanked turn

- Outward camel-back

And then the last part outside the tower got:

- Some airtime

- A top-hat

- A zero-g roll

Dang that's a lot of action going on there!

Inversion count : 7

Airtime possibilities : A bunch!

Edited by KingRCT3