TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2013 Trade Show - TPR's Official Report!

Yeah, I gotta be honest, I agree with Moose that none of the KumbaK trains I've ridden were comfortable... BUT... maybe third time's the charm or something? The SLC trains actually felt pretty damn good! Not sure how they would ride, though...

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I found them more "open" and comfortable compared to, for example, the standard B&M invert restraint. New trains aren't going to turn a Vekoma SLC into Raptor, but the overall ride was greatly improved. I've heard reports that the onboard audio can be hit-and-miss but it's worked for me every time.

^ Annually it's greeting the groundhog (Groundhog-Day)

No... just wanna say DEEPLY THANKS again for your great coverage plus pictures, this time with a new video-format which reminds me very much to the great portable and compact Schwarzkopf (-loop-) coasters!

Cool idea!

^ Interested I watched “indeed” also the (vintage-) video from the IAAPA 2001, well yay ...

Thanks a lot Robb & Elissa and your (IAAPA 2013)ThemeParkReview-Team for that good job and many efforts again, who makes this all possible behind the scene for us -- the fans!!!

Appreciate it highly,

Thri "HOTIAAPANESS2013" !!er

How was the outdoor section this time?

Inflatables & zip lines. There are a couple of photos in the report (did you read it?) and noting really notable was out there, really.

Saw a coaster channel on youtube covering an inflateables-zip line at the show. Thought it was pretty cool... You manage to see/ride it?

Good to see the KumbaK trains on display, hopefully more parks will opt for them for their SLCs since they make a HUGE difference.

Really? All of my experiences with Kumbak trains have been awful. Their wooden trains at Port Adventura and the Python trains at Efteling were extremely uncomfortable.

The funny thing is that Efteling doesn't even use the KumbaK trains anymore, they're running the new-style Vekomas now.

Thank you for the great coverage.

On a somewhat related topic. I found this article about the polercoaster. What's interesting is that it is shown in front of what looks to be an older version of King's Dominion

www.nydailynews.com/news/national/world-tallest-roller-coaster-slated-florida-article-1.1525708

coaster23n-9-web.thumb.jpg.9af5db4a6a18bff078c97c7a7a9d7c7d.jpg

Thank you for the great coverage.

On a somewhat related topic. I found this article about the polercoaster. What's interesting is that it is shown in front of what looks to be an older version of King's Dominion

I think it's the same deal that with the GCI switchback video which showed Elitch Gardens. Those kind of visual uses random background which are not meant to be identified.

I think the days of a huge outdoor section are long behind us. For flat rides, there is the IISF show ("Gibtown") in February for them to exhibit flat rides for the U.S. market. Then there is also the Euro Attractions show and Asian Attractions Expo to sell to international markets.

I think the days of a huge outdoor section are long behind us. For flat rides, there is the IISF show ("Gibtown") in February for them to exhibit flat rides for the U.S. market. Then there is also the Euro Attractions show and Asian Attractions Expo to sell to international markets.

Yeah but Gibtown is really just for carnies.

Robb - You guys should totally do a Gibtown report this year. People would go wild for it. It's a different world there.

^^^Carnies are the ones who purchase the styles of rides displayed on the outdoor midway (trailer mounted).

My thoughts are that if there was still a financial justification for bringing rides to IAAPA, manufacturers would still be doing so. My guess would be that a lot of deals are getting done without the need to display the ride product, so manufacturers have gone away from that in favor of more face-to-face meetings at the various trade shows.