TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2013 Trade Show - TPR's Official Report!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when Alan Schilkie mentioned, "something longer," all I could think was, "Please let him be referencing the rumored Colossus Iron Horse redo. Please! Please! Please! Let it be the rumored Colossus Iron Horse redo."

I Was thinking the same thing!! Worlds longest wooden coaster by RMC would be awesome!

More!

001.thumb.jpg.878b9741e01b55f6e86339adbdc3abb0.jpg

Roar-O-Saurus at Story Land will be a TGG junior woodie about 1,242 feet of track & 40ft tall!

002.thumb.jpg.35e63172b7284de6f6a8e76379fa54e8.jpg

Maus au Chocolat at Phantasialand is one of our favorite dark rides! Alterface developed the shooting system.

003.thumb.jpg.8f0e55b077490d9b0e61d8a5dfd55064.jpg

Look who I ran into! Lisa Rau from Silver Dollar City. We love her! (And her park!) :)

004.thumb.jpg.5bb1b46a3c1351459eb2a4a7cdb7805c.jpg

View from the top of the lift of Coney Island's 2014 Thunderbolt!

005.thumb.jpg.e0500f259d0f6b9b9a3c570aed827e17.jpg

Ropes Courses was back at IAAPA with what seemed like an even bigger course than last year!

006.thumb.jpg.837d3f50a4caddadd577afa749de0dbc.jpg

More parks really should buy the Zamperla Air Race! Hell of a lot of fun! :)

007.thumb.jpg.26d1acd968f76596070b5a9fb9f78048.jpg

Here's another close look at that Thunderbolt model. Could be a VERY interesting ride!

Just after seeing it for the first time, big, compliments from my side on that Video, Robb. It´s awesome. I´ve been reading here for so long, never registering, but this Video (plus the News from Hansa Park that kinda got lost in all that IAPA Awesomeness) got me into registering.

If you look at this video and really listen to what the people are telling, the way the Interviews are done reveal much more than the videos in the last years (I watched the 2012 one too as a lurker). I mean, you can always ask B&M if they´d do a winged hyper or an inverting hyper, and they will always say "Yeah, well we might". But with questions like this, there is really some informative cool stuff coming up. Especially from Vekoma, Gravity Group, RMC, S&S and Premier. Great Info, thanks!

Just one question? What about Intamin? I would love to learn more about what they´re up to, especially their Project with my home park (Phantasialand) which seems a bit screwed ..

Has it come to anyone's mind that Walter Bolliger may just be hush hush because of what a HUGE majority of forumers say about them all the time ? OK, I'll admit being a fanboy of a lot of their coasters (not all of them) and I had the opportunity to talk to him on the phone some years ago. I can insure you this man was very patient, responsive and friendly with me. Consider me biased if you want... but in his place I am not sure I would be more talkative with media constantly bashing their creations. In French, we have an idiom saying "don't complain about your shoes getting wet if you pee against the wind". They DO read forums too, you know... Food for thoughts...

Now let the flaming begin

Na I think Bolliger is just not saying that much because it´s the style of B&M, they never where as open and never gave as much insight as any other manufacturer. They left that to their customers, and I think that is a very cool and professional way of dealing with PR. You even save money as you don´t need a PR Dept.

Keep in mind, the people working there are, more or less, nerds. Not necessarily the guys that would make the things they do bigger then they are. They just like designing cool products and selling them. All the rest is, and I think thats the right attitude, the problem of the customer. If they want to report everything about their coaster, they can do it. If they don´t, they don´t.

While we are waiting for today's video to render out and get posted, let's flash back to IAAPA 2001, shall we? Check out this video:

Here's a few notes....

- The IAAPA show floor really has changed little in 13 years.

- We all look much younger!

- There was a lot more cooler stuff out on the midway

- Dress code has seriously lightened up over the years

- There is still just as many inflatables

- I was a member of ACE (Yeah, I was naive back then...)

Watching this made me wonder what stuff this year's gonna take off & what might fail. Will be very interesting watching your vid from 2013 in 10 years from now.

Coming back to the 525 ft. coaster. I just read this on Screamscape.com Apparently on that 500 ft. there will be a inversion as well, gets sorta interesting. I do think they didn't listen good enough to the interview, they ask how long it will take to complete the coaster, the answer they get is 24 months but actual construction about 12 to 15 months. So I according to that the ride will open 2015/2016.

Coming back to the 525 ft. coaster. I just read this on Screamscape.com Apparently on that 500 ft. there will be a inversion as well, gets sorta interesting. I do think they didn't listen good enough to the interview, they ask how long it will take to complete the coaster, the answer they get is 24 months but actual construction about 12 to 15 months. So I according to that the ride will open 2015/2016.

Another snippet I found interesting is Alan Schilke is doing the layout.

Just one question? What about Intamin? I would love to learn more about what they´re up to, especially their Project with my home park (Phantasialand) which seems a bit screwed ..

I only had one day to get video this year. Sandor didn't get to the show until mid-afternoon and he was booked solid with meetings. He says hello to our TPR members, though!

I like the new video format but it honestly felt a little to short.

Gee, I'm soooooo sorry. I only spent 10 hours at a show interviewing 19 people and editing and rendering until 3am last night. If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to go to IAAPA and make your own damn videos.

--Robb "I really hate people, sometimes." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey