TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2013 Trade Show - TPR's Official Report!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So about that freaky 525-foot Polercoaster that I might actually be too scared to ride...

Put drop tower hardware on the observation tower!

I had always thought that a 500+ coaster should be called either a Macrocoaster or a Supercoaster. Peta coaster just doesn't sound as cool as terra coaster or giga coaster.

I really think these polercoasters could be what puts S&S up there with B&M and Intamin if they make enough money off of them. I have very limited personal experience with them but these seem like a large risk that could either end up being the next biggest thing since sliced bread or BAM!!!! Orphan Rockers at every tourist trap in the world. I feels like one of those sketchy things that doesn't ever get built, but if they're building it and it's S&S, they know what they're doing and it should work. I feel like this would do well in Myrtle Beach, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Downtown Disney (silver supports, pink/green track, and a giant glass Mickey head at the top would look great!), and Vegas.

And every train shown off looks great! Really hoping to be able to get to SFGAm to get on that sweet Goliath train! The only concern I have is FireChaser Express's trains looking a tad small. I thought it was supposed to be a family coaster, but I'm not sure I could fit into it, and I fit into all Intamins I've attempted to ride (including Millennium and Dragster). Is that just a camera angle or are those really not that much bigger than the Jr. Gemini trains?

^^Elitch Gardens could definitely put that GCI coaster to good use

I would love it..

Except for that capacity. 8 passengers per train? Really? As if EVERYTHING ELSE in the park didn't have bad enough capacity already!

I'm not sure what the locals think of it, but could Elitch's possible new GCI even be a replacement of Twister II (if it lost popularity)?

Twister II is the second most popular ride in the park, with Mind Eraser being the top. Everyone here loves Twister II so it'd make no sense to replace it. All in for a new woodie, though.

I'm home from the show and will share some thoughts...they will be in a random unorganized fashion!

- Giant 500' Polar Coaster seemed pretty legit and they say there will be an announcement in two weeks. I don't believe it will go to ANY major park in Florida but expect to see it as a more dining/shopping/entertainment complex type thing.

- Lightning Run did not have the mechanical parts on the car.

- Funnel Sticks looked gross to start and the process to make them scared me, but damn they were good!

- There are at least three horrifying videos of me that I'm sure Robb will post.

- I got to cross off a bucket list item today by jumping roughly 20' into a stunt-man's bag!

- One of those M&V Wood Coaster parks looks a tad close to North Korea!

- Alan Schilke is the man. I almost regret all the bad stuff I used to say about him! He is the future of rides.

- China is not the future of rides despite what some manufacturers would have us believe.

- Coca Cola should be in all parks.

^^Elitch Gardens could definitely put that GCI coaster to good use

I would love it..

Except for that capacity. 8 passengers per train? Really? As if EVERYTHING ELSE in the park didn't have bad enough capacity already!

I'm not sure what the locals think of it, but could Elitch's possible new GCI even be a replacement of Twister II (if it lost popularity)?

Twister II is the second most popular ride in the park, with Mind Eraser being the top. Everyone here loves Twister II so it'd make no sense to replace it. All in for a new woodie, though.

An SLC is the most popular there? Is it a good or bad one?

- China is not the future of rides despite what some manufacturers would have us believe.

Did they say where the future of rides is/will be?

You read that wrong. She was saying she doesn't agree with the manufacturers that believe the future of rides is China.

^Yup. I don't think China is a good place for the manufacturers to count on business in the long run. The ones that are still selling to America and Europe will do better in the long run. I talked off the record to a few people today who I respect and they agree but it's hard to turn down money and projects!

^Yup. I don't think China is a good place for the manufacturers to count on business in the long run. The ones that are still selling to America and Europe will do better in the long run. I talked off the record to a few people today who I respect and they agree but it's hard to turn down money and projects!

Yes, I imagine that "boom" will go "bust" eventually, as they tend to do; but, yep, money is money.

I'm sure Elissa really enjoyed that spinning coaster!

Jumping off a platform into an airbag would make a great addition to some of the "extreme haunts" out there.

I too agree that China is not a good long term market, and all the companies putting most/all their business there are setting themselves up for trouble.

And Coke should be the only soft drink offered ANYWHERE.

dt