TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Huss Rides

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

As some of you already noticed on Screamscape an old favorite is back, and it looks awesome! I've been waiting for the Enterprise to get re-launcehd.

Huss Park Attractions GmbH re-launches another HUSS® classic ride with the introduction of the Enterprise 2G

Bremen, Germany (June 2015) - Huss Park Attractions GmbH, the well-known German amusement ride manufacturer, has announced the re-launch of another successful HUSS® classic ride, the Enterprise, with a new and improved design.

The attraction has been re-launched, giving one of the most famous and successful of HUSS® attractions a complete ‘makeover’ and a new lease of life.

The ride will be available as Enterprise 2G (2nd Generation), Enterprise 2GH (2nd Generation Hybrid - a combination of suspended seats and classic style gondolas) and as Enterprise 2GH-Plus (2nd Generation Hybrid combined with a new tilt action).

The Enterprise has been a hugely popular attraction with both operators and riders for many years, having been in operation since it was originally introduced in the 1970s. With its unique ride patterns and design and its high capacity, it is one of the most successful rides under the HUSS® brand, with more than 75 examples having been sold worldwide – with almost all of these still in operation, a clear indication of the extremely high reliability and durability of HUSS® attractions.

As was the case with the HUSS® Condor, which was recently successfully re-launched as the Condor 2G (2nd Generation), the company has decided that in view of the past success of the Enterprise the ride should now be refreshed with a new design and brought back into the company’s active portfolio of rides as the Enterprise 2GH (2nd Generation Hybrid). A new design utilising a hybrid seating arrangement featuring a combination of both the classic style gondolas and new suspended seats has therefore been introduced to create a new experience suitable for a wider range of guests.

The Enterprise features a lifting arm which pivots up to 90°. The ride’s wheel disc is driven by a motor and rotates fast enough to allow the gondolas to swing out as it rotates. In the vertical position guests experience a permanent looping ride, at which point the gondolas reach a height of approximately 18m. An acceleration of up to 2.5g is experienced by riders.

Both the traditional gondolas and the new suspended seat gondolas accommodate two passengers each, but each provides a very different experience. The enclosed gondola is suited to all kinds of guests, including adults with younger children, while the new, individual suspended seats – positioned one behind the other – provide a more open, thrilling experience. Access in and out of each style of gondola is quick and easy and as an option, the Enterprise 2GH can also be supplied with all suspended seats.

A further option is the Enterprise 2GH-Plus, the same attraction but with an upgrade to provide a new tilt action. On this version, the wheel disc can be moved from the upright vertical position, the familiar Enterprise motion, into a horizontal position and/or vice versa, providing a totally new experience. Alternatively the wheel disc can be maintained in a horizontal position while the lifting arm is raised to the upright position. If used in this position at medium or low rotational speed, the attraction can also be operated as a form of panoramic ride. The maximum passenger capacity is 40, leading to theoretical hourly capacities of 1,200 guests.

The rotating wheel and gondolas are also ideally suited to a variety of different themes as well as a range of illumination concepts, all of which are available as additional options on the Enterprise.

The decision by Huss Park Attractions GmbH to re-launch the Enterprise comes on the back of the successful launch of the Condor 2G in 2013, the revamped version of the well-known Condor, of which 30 examples were sold during the 1980s and 90s. With two such attractions delivered to date (to China), the company is now working on the first Condor 2GH (2nd Generation Hybrid) which incorporates a newly designed hybrid seating arrangement, a combination of suspended seats and classic style gondolas. This particular model has already been sold to a European client and is due to open in 2016.

“We are delighted to announce the re-launch of the classic Enterprise ride to our active portfolio of attractions,” said Huss Park Attractions CEO Mirko J. Schulze. “The revision of the ride follows a similar initiative with the Condor which has proved very successful and we believe that the success of the Enterprise can be reignited with the launch of the Enterprise 2GH and Enterprise 2GH-Plus. It is a true classic among all amusement rides and remains very popular among parks and their guests. We are confident our official re-launch will give it the opportunity for renewed success in the future in the hands of many new owners/operators.”

About Huss Park Attractions GmbH

Headquartered in Bremen, Germany, Huss Park Attractions GmbH is one of the leading companies in the development, manufacture and sale of amusement rides throughout the world. Today Huss Park Attractions has representative offices in the UK, the US, China and Korea.

a.jpg.5168aba2c8ee4ada3b62eaa59f3fea07.jpg

Enterprise 2G - New suspended seat design

ab.jpg.a586de822fb2b462c2461520277e00ce.jpg

Enterprise 2G - Operation

abc.jpg.ffe14be2526c14115fa31684688993a9.jpg

Enterprise 2G-Plus - Operation

abcd.jpg.0fcb0294032c812f8e771b271ee28bb0.jpg

Enterprise 2G hybrid

Source

I think the new Enterprise looks awesome but I still think that the thing that attracts me to the Enterprise is the idea of sitting in the car and not being restrained in any way and being entirely held in place by Centripetal force.

It does look nice and will give a new modern spin on the idea.

Here's hoping that they do G2 versions of all their classic rides from the eighties like the smaller Top Spin, the inward-facing Frisbee, the Take Off and the Troika.

So glad to see Huss is looking back at some of their classic rides and created second generation versions of them. I'd like to see Kings Island add one of these G2 Enterprises and place it exactly where the old Huss Skylab used to be next to Racer's entrance.

Like A.J. said I hope they will consider doing more G2 versions of their classic ride catalog. I'd like to add the Tri-Star to the list.

Hope this is not a repeat of a past topic.

I noticed how not a lot of parks I looked at have Huss rides and those review of such parks that do are very meh about them. So is there something bad about Huss Rides?

There is not really anything "bad" about HUSS rides (from a rider standpoint. Now a maintenance standpoint my be a little different.) My only problem with HUSS rides is that most of them tend to be a "Spin-N-Puke" kind of ride, and that just doesn't sit well with me. I can not do rides that have a large amount of spinning involved, so that rules out almost all of HUSS rides for me. I rode maXair at Cedar Point once... While yes, I did enjoy the ride, it was not something my stomach would let me ride again.

The new setup is a big improvement for operators, but I agree that it will hurt the ride experience if the cycle is left the same as it is on the old school versions. What they need to do is hasten the incline and decline portions and leave more time for actually going upside down. I love enterprises in theory, but these days I tend to avoid them on principle because I'm tired of waiting in line, waiting several minutes for the operator to slowly check all the doors, and then finally getting to ride only to get a single flip in before it goes back down.

The new setup is a big improvement for operators, but I agree that it will hurt the ride experience if the cycle is left the same as it is on the old school versions. What they need to do is hasten the incline and decline portions and leave more time for actually going upside down. I love enterprises in theory, but these days I tend to avoid them on principle because I'm tired of waiting in line, waiting several minutes for the operator to slowly check all the doors, and then finally getting to ride only to get a single flip in before it goes back down.

Really depends on the park; Lake Compounce's and Kennywood's at least both run good cycles.

Hope this is not a repeat of a past topic.

I noticed how not a lot of parks I looked at have Huss rides and those review of such parks that do are very meh about them. So is there something bad about Huss Rides?

There is not really anything "bad" about HUSS rides (from a rider standpoint. Now a maintenance standpoint my be a little different.) My only problem with HUSS rides is that most of them tend to be a "Spin-N-Puke" kind of ride, and that just doesn't sit well with me. I can not do rides that have a large amount of spinning involved, so that rules out almost all of HUSS rides for me. I rode maXair at Cedar Point once... While yes, I did enjoy the ride, it was not something my stomach would let me ride again.

Just do what my mother does, take some Dramamine.

So excited to know about this, Enterprise is one of my favorite flat rides and the new horizontal version seems like a great update.

Is it just me or the seats look like those on the newer Intamins?

Since Stakotra Builds Intamin's Trains, it would make sense the Restraints would be the same.

• 2 months later...