TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mystic Motel - A Homemade Dark Ride

That is super duper incredible: it amazes this rider and amusement park flyer.

During the Halloween season, you have lots of groups that would construct and operate a haunted house, but I never heard of anyone constructing a dark ride before. But if these people could do it and within their two car garage, then think about the possibility of a group ( as their fund raiser ) constructing their own dark ride inside a leased space ( such as a store block ). If anyone did that around here, then they would be the talk of the town.

You better keep your eyes peeled; this might become on ongoing trend!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You better keep your eyes peeled; this might become on ongoing trend!

That, several thousand bucks, and a LOT of lumber will get ya a dark ride!

(And the wiring, the tracking, the gag effects, etc...)

Man, that's awesome! Just the insurance/permits/fire safety standards needed to open something like this to the public in a private residence (not to mention getting an "OK" from the wife...) is daunting; he did all that plus made a kick-butt-looking ride! That's something I'd absolutely love to do someday, but probably never will.

This is way cooler than all the carnival dark rides I've been on. It seems the carnival ones only care to try to startle the riders with jumps. This one tries to tell a story and set a place which is awesome because it does so when 90 percent of the ride is pulpwood.

And....

Scott, the creator of the Mystic Motel, has put his dark ride creation on eBay!

Which he will create and produce for the buyer....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Theme-Park-Style-Dark-Ride-for-your-Home-Mystic-Motel-The-Ride-Complete-Ride-/221316711996?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

^ I wouldn't take what he said as a guarantee that it'll be back . I think it depends on a lot of factors - money, time, if this auction sells or not, the support of his wife, etc. I'm hopeful - but I don't think it's a "sure thing" yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing David & Spears!

The family did really an unbelievable job and deserves a keeping unbelievable success to my opinion for that great work! I have a “little bit” a comparison to the german haunted houses, so I'm very astonished...

Thanks for the pictures again -- and also for the video, Robb!

• 5 weeks later...