TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Readers! NEED YOUR FEEDBACK!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea, though I prefer the usual TR's and read it at my own pace. I too had difficulties reading the longer comments. But it will be a good way to reach the Youtube followers. I very much like the Vine parts. I immediately was thinking about using iMovie for a clip like this, but I realize it's not that easy combining movies and pics into an iMovie clip.

I think it's good for YouTube, but not necessarily on the TPR website. It was a little long for me, and there were a few captions I wasn't able to read in time, but I thought it was a nice video! I think it gives a nice variation to the normal coaster videos.

I agree with this first sentence. Probably great for YouTube but not necessarily on the forums. I like being able to go at my own pace and while no it isn't hard to hit the pause button, I don't have to have to worry about doing that.

I appreciate your guys efforts to try something new, thats great! As long as they don't replace the normal trip reports then it shouldn't be too bad of an idea.

Just my opinion, but I'd rather see you go back to video montages a la Coaster Expedition if you were going to do more videos like this.

I personally dislike photo montages made into videos. It's much easier and more comfortable to just look at the photo, read the caption and scroll down, and half the time I'm listening to my own selection of music.

Just my opinion, but I'd rather see you go back to video montages a la Coaster Expedition if you were going to do more videos like this.

There's a couple of reasons why we did it this way:

1. As much as I *LOVE* doing the Coaster Expedition series, they are much more time consuming to produce and we sell about 1 copy to ever 250 copies of RAW. Unfortunately, we have to do what will help us keep the site going. That being said, I *promise* I will do another CE DVD at some point in the future.

2. Not only can we not monetize a Coaster Expedition video on YouTube, often times they are not available for play on a mobile device due to music licensing issues. So that means even fewer views. The Coaster Expedition segments have traditionally not done well for us on YouTube (just being honest!) So we were trying to come up with a way that presents our trip reports to a different audience that will allow it to get seen by as many people as possible.

Not only can we not monetize a Coaster Expedition video on YouTube, often times they are not available for play on a mobile device due to music licensing issues. So that means even fewer views.

Okay, cool! I typically use music under the Creative Commons licenses in my media projects (such as from the Free Music Archive), so I'm not as familiar with copyright policies as they pertain to more popular music.

The Coaster Expedition segments have traditionally not done well for us on YouTube (just being honest!) So we were trying to come up with a way that presents our trip reports to a different audience that will allow it to get seen by as many people as possible.

Another thing that I'm not as familiar with - YouTube figures! That makes more sense now that you that you explain it, and now I once again realize that there are lots and lots of people who view TPR's stuff on YouTube and not necessarily here on the forum. Good stuff!

In that case, I'd say that the sort of photo montage would be great for YouTube but not here in the forums. Forums are for reading, YouTube is for videos.

Not only can we not monetize a Coaster Expedition video on YouTube, often times they are not available for play on a mobile device due to music licensing issues. So that means even fewer views.

Okay, cool! I typically use music under the Creative Commons licenses in my media projects (such as from the Free Music Archive), so I'm not as familiar with copyright policies as they pertain to more popular music.

In almost all cases YouTube will grant you a license provided it's just background music, however not for all countries and not all platforms. Usually restricted to desktops/laptops only. And then they monetize it by having a link to the song that you can buy on Google Play.

I liked the VTR, but as many users have stated before, there are some issues. All points are valid, whether it's the length of the video, the lenght of time for the caption and such. Maybe the VTR could be used to drive people to the actual TR in the forums, where more lengthy captions can be had!

Also, I 125% agree with Robb about hearing your own voice. I ran the College Student Radio Station for a couple of years and absolutely hated the sound of my voice!

This is a good idea for You Tube. I prefer the traditional TRs on TPR and would not notice these videos if not for them being on the forum or a link to them on the forum, but this is good for the You Tube followers that don't go on the forum often. I had to pause the video several times to read the captions, but I wouldn't want the video any longer just so I could read the captions, that's what the pause button is for.

Maybe I'm a slow reader, but I had a hard time reading the full caption before the pic advanced.

Personally I would rather view a report in the normal way.

I agree as well. The switches were a little too quick for length of the captions. Great video and captions though. (The pic of Jake and Elissa eating and the Australian meat tasting like Amber made me LOL)

I'd prefer the "view at your own pace" Photo TR's that are posted on the forum. You don't have to put forth all the extra effort and it still gets the same point across.

I LOVED IT! I really like this idea. I do have to agree with some people in that some pictures went by too quick for me to read the captions. Maybe less captions length and add more witting TPR humor. This is a great idea. The only thing would be maybe add a little more video. I know you're using Vine most likely but maybe a little more Test Track! Great stuff though!

Jimmy "Any TPR video is better than any SyFy movie" Bo

I like the idea as an addition to what TPR has to offer. Like others have said, trim down some of the captions. For me I would rather see the standard photo trip reports, I like looking at the pictures and they go by to fast. Yeah, I know I could hit pause.

I really like the idea, but I think the main problems are that people read at different speeds and may only want to see some parts of the report. Both of these issues are non-factors with traditional TRs, so I think those work better. For example, I like to skim TRs and read the captions for the more interesting pictures, which isn't as easy with the new format.

• 5 months later...

I enjoyed this video. It added another aspect of a TR! It has already been mentioned about the speed of the slides, what I was thinking would make a part 1, part 2, etc. videos. Obviously not doing 600 parts to a video, but maybe 2 or 3 part video.

The combination of slides, video, and music make it a very personal experience when watching and personally I grabs my attention more. Honestly it makes me want to visit the place if don't correctly.

Overall the idea is there, work on the captions (keep the short), and that should make this more desirable.