TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question - Loops or Hills?

Today's Burning Question!

Loops or Hills ?

Which do you prefer on a roller coaster?

This is an EASY one that EVERYONE should be able to answer!

Post your response below! When we get 100 responses we'll start giving away some bags of crap at random!

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That does depend on the hills, obviously. If they are B&M floater hills, I would say loops, if they are intamin crazy ejector hills I'll have to go with those.

Overall, I'd say hills.

I think this sums it up pretty well. I also prefer the "ejector" air over the "floating" air--and I'm not a huge fan of extended "hangtime."

and I'm not a huge fan of extended "hangtime."

Neither am I. I thought about it when many people praised the hangtime on Full Throttle's loop. I feel that inversions (apart from inline or heartline rolls) are not meant to have negative Gs and I'm not a big fan of them. I like negatives in airtime hills but not in inversions. I enjoy more the ones that pin you into your seat like corkscrews, I also like Zero Gs, though but that's not really hangtime it's... well... zero G. I don't know why but I get the impression that any inversion that is not something like an inline and has negatives is just poorly designed as the train should, in reality, be travelling faster through it. I know that's not the case, though. (maybe sometimes it is)

It depends on the ride. I like both. Airtime unnerves me but thrills at the same time!! The most nervous I've been on coasters has been due to airtime than being flipped upside down. I know coasters are supposed to thrill you but there are different types of emotions involved. I'm not always that happy with the feelings that airtime gives me!! Lol