TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question - SoCal or Central Florida?

You must have never flown in or out of Long Beach (LGB).

The thing about LGB is that it's not trying to be a major international airport. It's just "Long Beach." That's like trying to compare MLB to MCO. As far as major international big city airports go, LAX is most certainly up at the top of the worst in the world.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While my Disney World vacation was no doubt one of the most fun things I've ever done, I was born an LA man and I will be for life. This city is just too bloody cool! As for parks, Magic Mountain is unrivaled, and Disneyland...well, it is The Happiest Place on Earth. There's just no beating an original.

The thing about LGB is that it's not trying to be a major international airport. It's just "Long Beach." That's like trying to compare MLB to MCO. As far as major international big city airports go, LAX is most certainly up at the top of the worst in the world.

I agree LAX sucks

If I had not yet visited one or the other, I would have picked SoCal. Knott's is a great park, and the sheer number of world-class coasters at Magic Mountain would win me over.

BUT, seeing as I've already been to SoCal many times, and not yet visited Central Florida, I'd have to go to Florida, just for some new experiences. Also, Manta!

I have to say LGB kind of sucks too.. The last time i flew into there was 2011 via jet blue but if things are still the same, half of the airport is "portable terminals" (imagine those portable classrooms they add to schools and then add in a bus and an additional 10 minutes of travel time to get to your terminal which will then have minimal concessions).. MCO beats LAX and LGB all day. I've yet to go to a California airport that I've enjoyed.

Edited by Chroniq

MCO> ANY SoCal airport!!

I have a few times. Not a big fan. My preference for this area would be Ontario (ONT), but since it's owned by LAX, and their insisting on screwing it up over the last 10yrs, I'll stick with Orange County (SNA).

I have to say LGB kind of sucks too.. The last time i flew into there was 2011 via jet blue but if things are still the same, half of the airport is "portable terminals" (imagine those portable classrooms they add to schools and then add in a bus and an additional 10 minutes of travel time to get to your terminal which will then have minimal concessions).. MCO beats LAX and LGB all day. I've yet to go to a California airport that I've enjoyed.

Bob Hope Airport in Burbank. (BUR)

Still doesn't make it a good reason to go over Floruba, but if'n ya have ta, and you can actually make it happen. Bob Hope is the one to go to. I make the trip roughly every 2 to 3 weeks and I always fly into BUR.

They also have the greatest breakfast sandwiches there as well.

Two more reasons to wake up tomorrow. I'm heading home. And I will be flying out of Bob Hope! Bring on the sausage breakfast sandwich. I can't wait!

For parks, definitely Central Florida - give me Busch Gardens for coasters, EPCOT for booze and beautiful locations, and I'm all set.

I'm with Guy for airports in California, though - Bob Hope is awesome - I can take a train to/from my house there, and I've never waited more than about 10 minutes at baggage claim on the way back.

Central Florida hands down. Even though the one time I was in SoCal was great (it was for business reasons, so no parks) I'd rather have a nice long vacation down in the middle of all those great parks. One day I'll get back out to SoCal, but not any time soon unfortunately.

Living in Australia I can make an unbiased opinion on this and I say it is a draw. I have visited each region many times while travelling for business and pleasure and I cannot split them.

I love the Disney experience in Florida, especially seeing as I have always stayed in a Disney resort. IOA is assume and love Universal Studio's theme park atmosphere.

But SoCal I really love Universal's park there because I think it encapsulates the movie feel much better than Florida's version. Add in SFMM, Knotts and a better SeaWorld in SD.

So in an ideal world when I make my next trip to one of these areas I would be going to both.

It's not fair to answer this since I haven't been to Florida yet but I pick SoCal. Yeah, Magic Mountain isn't all that great despite having a few decent coasters but Knott's was pretty good and Disneyland was an amazing experience back in 2001.

Plus I'll take mountains and palm trees over the topography in this part of the country.