TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Update Thread!

In addition to the ones I posted above, if they would just add the honey mustard that I had in HKDL at Grizzly Gulch i'd be very happy, I was really sad that I never got to try the apple cinnamon flavor since I love cinnamon bread, when I saw a cart not on the map on my visit to Tkyo I really had hoped it would be apple-cinnamon but it turned out to be cranberry as the flavor they were trying out (it was OK to me but i'm not a fan of cranberries on their own)

edit: Just realized it says only apple in the picture above mine, I wonder where I got the idea there was apple cinnamon popcorn from.....

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is definitely apple-cinnamon as it was there in July last year. It wasn't bad at all. My favourites are Black Pepper and Apple Cinnamon.

The Soy sauce and Butter was ok but didn't care for the Curry flavour.

Strawberry and Honey were my other two favourites.

I still can never get over how orderly, polite and clean this place looks compared to a lot of parks I've seen in the US and Canada. It 's almost representative of Japanese culture, which encourages civility. I think we could all stand to learn a few things from these people, especially when it comes to running parks.

My god, if my father were still around today, he would have absolutely LOVED Disneysea. The Jules Verne and Sinbad themed attractions would have been right up his ally.

^ That's true. But I think this is mainly about flavored popcorn in parks, and not just outside of them.

And not just caramel or with a powdered cheese on them, ick.

What is the big deal about all these popcorn flavors? We have more in the U.S. Have you heard of a place called On And Poppin? They have over 100 flavors of popcorn. There all over Jacksonville Florida.

Well, there you go. Florida has everything. The rest of us aren't as lucky as you are, lol.

A friend of mine was not impressed by the popcorn at DisneySea. I did not ask him which flavor he got but felt they were a little overrated. Maybe he just got a "bad flavor" as it sometimes happens with weird things.

Personally, it is one of the most intriguing things about Tokyo Disney to me. Yeah fresh popped is way better than whatever mall popcorn place has.

Does anyone know if they've ever tried it here? I suspect we wouldn't get all the great flavors they have in Japan.

If I remember correctly, Disneyland sold honey-flavored (stylized as "hunny") popcorn near the Pooh attraction around the time it opened (in 2003). Obviously it didn't last, and I don't know of anything similar being tried since then. But that's only as far as I know.

The popcorn there is amazing. Like Elissa said, it's freshly popped so it's much better than the places that make them throughout the day. My personal favorite is the soda flavored.

The first trip report from our Weird Parks of Japan trip has been posted!

WASHUZAN HIGHLAND!!!

This was kind of a sketchy park, but we had a lot of fun! Check out our first day adventures in Tokyo and our visit to this park here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=804&linkid=13437

Yes, it's a "Brazilian themed Japanese park." Strange. Click here for the update:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=804&linkid=13437

POST YOUR COMMENTS HERE!

Edited by robbalvey

Wow. I can't believe that I just witnessed that backwards Togo of Death - that was just plain crazy. That coaster should take the easy win for rustiest, scariest-looking functioning looping roller coaster on the planet. First look would think that this is the Action Park of amusement parks, but it actually sounded really fun...and you didn't die!

And the pizza box verbiage...too awesome.

I really need to go on one of these trips...it is on my bucket list!

Amazing update. I miss Japan so much! Loved all the random culture photos. And the backwards looping Togo has to be the most screwed up coaster I've ever seen.

Oh,

Whatever that gray thing in the lower right corner is, I need it, as Ice Bat has demanded it as a new minion.

dt

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the next "Weird Park" of Japan - New Reoma World! What was "weird" about this one is that the park wasn't weird at all! It turned out to be really nice and quite a surprise! Funny that it's a place that I've heard almost NOTHING about!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=815&linkid=13581 new_reoma.jpg.427b97a901aca5e550a1059fb52108cb.jpg

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!