TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question - Dollywood or Silver Dollar City?

Today's Burning Question!

Dollywood or Silver Dollar City?

Which of these two amazing Herschend properties do you prefer?

Post your response below! When we get 100 responses we'll start giving away some bags of crap at random!

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm--this is a tough one. Both have a good selection of rides, great atmosphere, and tasty food. I think I'll go with Silver Dollar City because they have Powder Keg, Outlaw Run, and the cave tour--in addition to the Flooded Mine and cinnamon bread.

But you can't go wrong with either park.

Ideally-I would say it is a tie. However-given the two, I am going with Dollywood because it is only a few hours' drive for me, I love the location right next to the National Park, and they have a great coaster lineup. If Dollywood would get their own version of Outlaw Run (which I hope is on the horizon in 2017) then they would have IMHO one of the best coaster selections anywhere.

These two parks are so close for me, but there are couple of things that I find it hard to put my finger on that just tip it in SDC favour for me.

I love Dollywood, the atmosphere they create is sublime and the attractions are detailed and well cared for but at every turn I find SDC to be the same but just with little bit of extra care and attention to detail. I also find SDC slightly easier to navigate.

Herschend have two fantastic parks and much to be proud of though, I feel mean picking one out as better!

I haven't been to Dollywood since 2007, but two things that I didn't like about it were County Fair and Jukebox Junction. I personally didn't think they fit in.

Of what I can compare, I do prefer Outlaw Run to Thunderhead and Fire in the Hole to Blazing Fury, so I'll have to give Silver Dollar City the edge. I would like to go to Dollywood soon, though, to make a better comparison.

Dollywood is my fave park in the U.S. (Though in fairness, I've spent a lot more time at Dollywood than SDC, so perhaps I'm biased.) While I prefer Dollywood, both parks are outstanding - great atmosphere, gorgeous scenery, awesome rides, delicious food, good music, friendly staff... Easily two of the best parks our country has to offer.

Silver Dollar City. I had the best two days of my life there, Outlaw Run and Powder Keg were awesome rides plus there are huge amount of food and the cave tour. Silver Dollar City is my favorite park and it might be my favorite place on earth!

I haven't been to Dollywood though... But I don't think it would change if I visit there because Outlaw Run is so outstanding that it pushes SDC to a higher level.

I have to say Silver Dollar City. I've been to Dollywood many times and even though its a great park it lacks in thrill rides where Silver Dollar City has more thrills and just the same amount of theme to it. Even though Fire Chaser Express will kick butt Outlaw Run is much better then Wild Eagle in opinion.

Having been to neither, and with both parks on my "visit soon" radar, I'd probably go for Dollywood over SDC, but only just. SDC probably has a better coaster collection, but Dollywood's entertainment/food lineup is a pretty strong pull for me.

I think part of it boils down to which tourist town you prefer, as well: Pigeon Forge, Tennessee or Branson, Missouri? They're both quite similar, although I think Pigeon Forge has more goofy tourist attractions (or "traps," if you prefer) than Branson--plus, Gatlinburg and Smoky Mountains National Park are nearby.

Is it possible that the cinnamon bread is better at Dollywood? I thought the theming was better at Dollywood as well. But..Silver Dollar City has the better coaster lineup. Silver Dollar City also had the really cool cave tour. The whole atmosphere of the parks and customer service were great at both. Dollywood really surprised me my first visit and SDC delivered the same. Could I vote both? This is probably one of the toughest Burning questions that has been asked.

I'm going with SDC, purely because on the Texas/Midwest Tour. Dollywood was amazing to us on the New Hotness Tour but SDC just went beyond anything I could imagined. Free bag of goodies at the end of the night. A buffet that a King would enjoy. OUTLAW RUN ERT!

I've never been to Silver Dollar City, but Dollywood is a very good park and one of the few parks I'd go out of my way for without a major new attraction to experience. As far as coasters go, Silver Dollar City seems to have better coasters but Dollywood has slightly more variety within their lineup. For non-coaster attractions, Silver Dollar City has Marvel Cave but most of the other attractions are similar between the two parks. If someone were to ask me which I'd more like to visit at the moment, it would be Silver Dollar City as I've never been there, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up preferring Dollywood overall.

Can't judge since I've never been to Dollywood, but considering how much I love Silver Dollar City, I'm pretty sure that is amazing. I loved both my visits to SDC. It has everything. Great coasters, great food, and a great atmosphere. So I've got high expectations for Dollywood.

Edited by XII

I honestly cannot fairly decide since I have never been to Silver Dollar City. It is way up there on the places I want to go. But I do REALLY like Thunderhead and Tennessee Tornado is a good bit of fun too. Of course who can forget Wild Eagle... not so much the ride but the SONG. One trip to Dollywood... that song has been stuck in my head for months. I will vote Dollywood for now but one day Silver Dollar City may eclipse that.

Silver Dollar City! Better rides and the park just looks like its always been there. I like Dollywood but it just seems to be missing something. Lack of good shows or maybe not as many trees in certain areas. Certain pathways where its concrete where at SDC they put up wood to keep the feel. Perhaps Dollywood feels/looks too fresh and new where at SDC everything blends looks and feels old! And what is with Juke Box Junction! Totally out of place and if they want me to like it then they need to call Intamin and put in their own version of Xcelerator!