TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question - Cedar Point or Walt Disney World?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to both parks. While Disney has better theming, I'm gonna have to go with CP. I had more fun there than at WDW. They're both great parks, but line up of intense coasters>line up of family coasters. Not to mention that CP has my favorite overall coaster (Raptor) and my favorite family coaster (Iron Dragon).

Cedar Point no contest. Sorry WDW, but all of your coasters are made by companies notorious for roughness.

Cedar Point, on the other side of the coin has rare breeds- giga coaster and strata coaster. Rock n roller coaster is a semi-rough coaster and space mountain is also semi-painful.

It's hard to compare. As a vacation destination, WDW is a place that I find I need at least six days to take in the resort, and that includes at least one day not in any parks, but just enjoying the free transportation and stuff like that. Cedar Point is at best a two-day destination.

Besides that, I don't personally like the coasters at Cedar Point. I'm not a scared of heights type of guy, and I like tight twisty elements, so it just doesn't have the rides for me. Which is fine, I appreciate what they are as a park, it just isn't the park for me.

Having said all that, I have a decent shot of dropping in at Cedar Point next year, and next to no chance of visiting WDW for at least a couple years...

I will always prefer Walt Disney World over Cedar Point. Of course Cedar Point has the non-stop thrills you want when going to a park. But Disney has the attention to detail and the customer service that can be matched by no one else. Disney... ALL THE WAY.

I've only been to Cedar Point once. It was a great amusement park for thrills. It's not my favorite, but I definitely think it warrants return visits. A trip to CP can be done in a day or two.

I've only been to WDW once about 5 years ago at the age of 37. Even though it holds no sentimental value from my childhood and I don't have children, I loved it. It's a magical place and you get immersed in that magic. I'm not interested in returning annually, but would like to return at some point in the future. A trip to WDW usually takes 3 or4 days and you still might not be able to see and do all that you want.

Even though I love rollercoasters, I have to pick WDW. I love the magic and when I went there it felt like a vacation.

I am new to this site just recently got a small android tablet and accidentally stumbled onto rollercoaster videos which are fun to watch so you can live through all t he thrills vicariously. I have never been to either cedar point or wdw but I have been to Walt Disney resort in California in fact I visited my brother in California this summer and he took me to Disneyland for the first time in 19 years. he talked me into California screamin which turned out to be fun so I would have to pick Disney because I enjoy coasters but like the theme variety mixed in and after watching some of these videos on coasters such or Goliath etc. I am not sure if I have the guts to try them.

I've actually been to both in back to back years the last 2 years so I have a recent memory for both. I would vote WDW because I feel like you can spend more days there, the resort is phenomenal and the food is in a different league. Plus WDW just has such a happy atmosphere that reminds you you're somewhere special.

TOUGH question.... I've been to both many times, but, now that my kids are older (and I'm older!), Cedar point wins. I love Disney and always feel good while there (even though my wallet springs a HUGE leak while I'm there). Cedar point has more of an attraction for me now that I'm past the young kids stage in my life.

Great topic.

Take care everyone.

I have only been to disneyworld, I can say it's a beautifully themed park and fun for ALL ages from 2 to 80 and it's overall a relaxing a pleasurable experience, cedar point seems packed with the most AWSOME rides but the location and theming don't seem very nice, i think i would choose disneyworld but it's a hard choice

Disney with no question! Every attraction at Disney is a total experience, even waiting in line. It is a total escape from the reality. Plus Disney treats all guest the same with Fast Pass versus Cedar Fair gouging more $ out of you for Fast Lane.

Disney is the master of crowd control to give you a great experience even when the parks are packed between Fast Pass and massive ride capacity. Cedar Point is just miserable when it is packed. All you do is stand in boring line queues for hours.

Big rollercoasters are great but i will take the full experience of Expedition Everest over any huge coaster any time.

Cedar point is simply this, lots of big coasters, nice lake setting, little theming, long lines, few total family rides (things EVERYONE can do together), plus low quality food.

Disney is the total package. The best theming, nice coasters, great management of lines, something for EVERYONE to do all the time, plus high quality food.

I'm going to have to say Walt Disney World, and that's because I will always prefer a "theme" park versus a "coaster" park.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love coaster parks too. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it!), I live only a few hours away from SFMM, and it's nice to have a bunch of coasters available within one park. But the thing with coasters is that they're all over the country. Yes, each coaster is, for the most part, different. However, only a few places throughout the country offer up well-themed, unique experiences that you can't find anywhere else. So that's why Disney wins with me. That's also why Universal is my second favorite park chain- they also tend to focus on high-quality, detailed theming in a lot of their attractions.

Driving into Sandusky and seeing that massive park out on the lake gives you a special feeling - so does seeing Millennium Force and Maverick/TTD in person.

But it doesn't compare to WDW. Are you f'n kidding me?

Cedar Point is one thing, but personally on one of those slower August or May days with no line...you can get bored. That is after all day. And I'm just comparing to WDW. But you can only ride Maverick so many times! You get your fill. Gemini, Maverick, Raptor, TTD, Millennium, Wicked Twister, a few flats are really outstanding...I personally hate Mantis, Magnum; and the rest of their rides are blah. But I do love visiting Cedar Point every 3-4 years. The Beach, surrounding area. It's pure fun. There's so much to do at WDW. And even though they don't have Indiana Jones ride (+1 DL) or Cali Screamin' (+1 DL) or on board audio on Space Mountain (+1 DL!) WDW is a clear winner.

I'd pick Cedar Point over Disney, though I've never been to either one. Main reasons would be due to me being a coaster addict, also Cedar Point is a long ways cheaper than Disney. Another reason would be that I've never really had a Disney appeal, even as a child. I don't know why, but for some reason I just never liked Disney Channel or had a passion for any of their characters. In fact, the only show I've ever that had a Disney character was the episode of South Park that had the Jonas Brothers and Mickey Mouse as their manager But back to the theme park world, Six Flags Magic Mountain was probably the most memorable experience I've had at a theme park, which I had in 2012 when I was 13 (I'm 15 now), and if Cedar Point is considered to be better than that, then I'd pick that over ANYTHING.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to go with Cedar Point here.

I don't like to call myself a Cedar Point fanboy because I feel like that label implies that I'm not open minded about other parks and rank rides at Cedar Point more highly than I should. I think I'm very open minded about all parks but for some reason, the coasters at Cedar Point really appeal to me. Even though I've been on over 200 coasters... 4 of the coasters in my top 10 are at Cedar Point.

My girlfriend and I spent 3 days at Cedar Point this summer and we both loved it. They probably have the best location of any park in the US, and with the hotels and restaurants outside the park (most with Lake Erie views) it really has the vibe of a vacation resort (not on the same planet as Disney but not too shabby). When you combine that with world class thrill rides it's going to appeal to me much more than a Disney style family park even though they're killing Cedar Point in every other department (except for their natural location).

If I had a family this wouldn't even be a debate, but even though Cedar Point is far from perfect their awesome location, solid flat ride line-up and outstanding coaster collection put them on top for me. And even though their food sucks compared to the food at Disney (or really anywhere else), you can get great food on the peninsula if you leave the park and walk for a few minutes. Again... Disney kills them in this department, but this isn't important enough to me that it's going to put them over the top.

Currently I would choose CP because I have been to WDW BUT I am a Disney fanboy so had I not been to WDW fairly recently(fiveish years ago) then it would be the easiest choice in the world. I am in the rare group(or as Robb calls us fanboys) who prefers Disneyland to any park at WDW but admittedly the entire WDW experience is better than Disneyland and I feel like if I spent more time at EPCOT it could take the crown from Disneyland for favorite. Anyway my answer is CP for the sole reason that I haven't been there. But if I had been there Disney World any day of the week... also Disney world if it was more of a family trip than opposed to a credit run... which CP feels like.