TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question - Cedar Point or Walt Disney World?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Disney has never appealed to me. The first time I went was for the 25 Year Anniversary in 1996 (I was 10 or 11). The lasting memory was that there were only baby rides (and as a 10 or 11 year old, I wasn't exactly a seasoned coaster rider by any means). I think part of the reason it was so unremarkable to me is that Bugs Bunny/WB were what I grew up on, and Disney/Mickey Mouse were not.

My first trip to Cedar Point, on the other hand (2001), was memorable despite me having to find out for myself that Millennium Force looked cooler than it rode, and that contrary to every thing I've ever read about Mantis on the internet, it was fun, and it doesn't castrate you.

For me it's WDW all the way. I've never been to Cedar Point (even though I really want to), but I can never get enough of Walt Disney World. I love all the different atmospheres in the Disney parks, and every time I go, I create tons of amazing memories. There's nothing that can compare to seeing the sheer amount of detail and theme in the Disney parks, and they have unique experiences that no other place has. Where else can you ride (good) Tower of Terror, a monorail, and eat a Dole Whip in one day?

I would have to pick Cedar Point since there are several coasters I have not ridden yet since my last time there. I've done Disney enough in my life where it doesn't really do anything for me anymore. I live an hour from there so it's not exactly a big getaway either. Cedar Point has built several new rides since my last trip there in 1997. Aside from the long lines I really enjoyed Cedar Point.

I've been to Cedar Point and Walt Disney World (all four land parks) several times each and comparing the two is like comparing the current Miley Cyrus to Taylor Swift: one's super wild and crazy (sometimes too crazy) while the other one is wholesome and charming (as long as you don't get on her bad side). In a nutshell, these two park properties are very different from each other in almost every way imaginable.

Despite this, which one's better, you ask? WALT DISNEY WORLD, I CHOOSE YOU! Although I love big roller coasters, The big D has a stronger place in my heart due to the cornucopia of childhood memories it has created for me and also because of its strong emphasis on cleanliness, staff friendliness, and top-notch presentation of the entire facility as a whole. The fact that it is only 90 minutes away from where I currently live doesn't hurt either.

I have only been to Cedar Point once and the rides are awesome and if my prime and only objective was to ride some thrill rides then it would be at the top of my list. However if I had to pick between one or the other Disney World would win every time, especially if I was staying in one of their resorts. The whole experience of being immersed in the Disney atmosphere is something special for the young and not so young (like me). Nobody does the total package like Disney does!!!!

Cedar point for coasters, but WDW has theming, awesome food, and is just an immersive experience. The water parks at disney also are worlds ahead of CP. My last trip to cp was actually relaxing since only gatekeeper was new. So disney, but CP is definitely a fantastic amusement park. Also disney needs more than 1 day where as CP can be completed in 1 day.

Disney World for that "magical" vacation...IMO a vacation is multiple days in a new environment and right now I could definitely go south to the warmth and soak up many days at WDW - cannot forget the hidden gem Blizzard Beach!

As for CP, I'm nearby and I can go pretty much anytime and am very thankful it is nearby...I would highly recommend it as a trip for most everyone else outside of a normal drive-time out this way, especially those who have never been to CP, are finally able to do so perhaps with a little more money after saving, or for those in FL with WDW season passes who need to escape.

Pretty easy... Cedar Point! I'm a roller coaster enthusiast, not a themed attraction enthusiast. Nothing wrong with theming, in fact, it can often make or break a ride, but when it comes down to it, I'm really just there for the g-forces. Plus, Disney is waaaay overpriced. It is beyond ridiculous. Also, Maverick!

Even though I love a good roller coaster and have made the very very long journey to cedar point twice (I live in the UK) I have to say that I would choose WDW every time. I love everything about WDW. I love the theming, rides, atmosphere etc!! I will always treasure the memory of my first ride across the lagoon and my first glimpse of the castle. It still gives me a thrill just thinking about it. It was a dream realised at the tender age of 23!! I would choose to vacation at WDW every year if funds and my other halfs choice allowed!!! It is just awesome!!

Although the coasters at Cedar Point are tops, I have to vote WDW. CP does not know how to handle queues so the wait times are terrible and there is very litle visual stimulation in the park other than watching the overweight women in halters, skinny boyfriends covered in tattoos and their 6 children. The hotels are tired and they don't seem to care. With it being a 'summer only' park, it's tough to avoid crowds. WDW may be more expensive, but the operations are slick and they treat guests well. It's always clean and there is a lot different types of things to do. I can sum it up the WDW invests in the experience and CP invests in the next best thing.

WDW is better in every way except number of rides and the difficult to ascertain "value". I could have an entire summer of fun w/a Platinum Pass across the Midwest and Ontario going to Cedar Fair amusement parks and tons of other non-amusement park things for the price of a single one week trip to WDW staying in a Deluxe resort. I probably wouldn't even have a tough time booking equivalent levels of accommodations either, and I'd be able to book most of the best restaurants in those cities a day or two beforehand and not 6 months prior. Plus, look, I'm not a Disney blogger fapping to concept art of some unbuilt EPCOT pavilion whilst I complain that it isn't a poor replacement for a science museum anymore. I go to theme parks to primarily ride roller coasters. Who's gonna serve my needs better there?