1. 1. What do you purchase the most of?

• Blu-Ray
    • DVD
    • Digital Download

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year? Well considering I just purchased 5 Blu-Rays in the last 2 weeks, quite a few.

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year? The main reason why I buy blu-ray, outside of the quality, is that the majority of the time it includes the digital download version.

How do you purchase digital downloads? (iTunes, Stream, etc) - Either from iTunes or the Google Play Store.

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device, or iTunes to your computer, and then transfer to your device? I download straight to my computer.

Is a 1.5gb - 2 gb file "too big" for you to download to your device? Not at all, especially if the content is worth it.

Surprising how many people still buy physical DVD's!!!

Yeah.

One thing I really love about buying DVD's is seeing my collection on my shelf grow. It is so neat to have a hard copy just to look at. It is also a lot more fun to go into the store and browse rather than buy online.

Surprising how many people still buy physical DVD's!!!

I'm definitely buying fewer discs these days - most films I tend to see at the cinema or not at all. My preference is still physical media though, as even HD downloads are compressed significantly more than the content on a blu-ray disc. I've actually sold off a lot of my collection on eBay over the past couple of years, since I just don't have as much time to watch TV or movies as I used to (it's surprising how much money out-of-print Disney movies can bring in!).

I purchase maybe 10-20 movies a year- ALL of them Blu Ray. I haven't bought a DVD in about 2 years. I only purchase movies I really like, and I would purchase ANY new TPR stuff- I would prefer Blu Ray, but I would purchase DVD if that was the only format.

I don't really purchase any digital downloads. Maybe 2-5 a year at the very most. I prefer hard copies over digital downloads for the most part.

Any digital downloads I purchase are through either iTunes or Amazon- I download to my PC and transfer to any devices. Filesize would not be an issue.

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year?

10-20

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year?

I normally shy away from digital downloads, but specifically because they are usually of a lower quality than the hard copy blu ray disc.

If the digital download were offered in 1080p with lossless audio, I'd be more likely to use that outlet.

How do you purchase digital downloads? (iTunes, Stream, etc)

Normally from smaller independent outlets, they're usually the only ones supplying high enough quality content. (Admittedly, Im picky!)

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device, or iTunes to your computer, and then transfer to your device?

My normal modus operandi is to purchase Blu Rays and then when I'm taking videos on a trip or something I copy them to the device.

If it started as a digital download, I'd burn it to a BDR disc, and then copy it to my portable device when needed.

Is a 1.5gb - 2 gb file "too big" for you to download to your device?

For my connection, a file would have to be approaching 25GB or so before I hestitate on it...even then, my ISP doesn't have a bandwidth cap so as long as I'm not in a hurry there's really no ceiling.

How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you purchase each year?

Probably between 30-50, mostly on Blu-Ray. I prefer Blu-Ray over DVD due to the picture quality and the availability of bonus features.

How many digital downloads do you purchase each year?

Between 5-10, and all of them are purchased in conjunction with a combo pack (ex: Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy).

How do you purchase digital downloads? (iTunes, Stream, etc)

I activate all of my digital downloads through iTunes or UltraViolet, though I much prefer iTunes.

Do you download directly from iTunes to your device, or iTunes to your computer, and then transfer to your device?

I download from iTunes to my computer, and then transfer it to my device.

Is a 1.5gb - 2 gb file "too big" for you to download to your device?

Absolutely not! Most of the films I have digital copies of run that size anyway, so for me it's expected that the file will be at least that size.